|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower think of Admiral Pellew?
(a) He is a pompous ass.
(b) He is too old for active duty.
(c) He is a good friend and ally.
(d) He is a proud man, but has good reason to be.
2. What type of ship is the Flame?
(a) Eighteen-gun brig.
(b) A French gunboat.
(c) Twenty-four gun brig.
(d) East Indian merchant ship.
3. What else does Brown tell Hornblower he plans to do?
(a) Open an inn in Paris.
(b) Join the Porta Coeli crew and become Captain Freeman's servant.
(c) Go to America and seek his fortune.
(d) Use his saved prize money and settle down in Rome.
4. Why is Hornblower not happy and is awkward with his wife when she visits him at Le Havre?
(a) He thinks she is having an affair.
(b) She is embarrassing him by singing his praises to everyone.
(c) She keeps trying to get him to retire and go back to England.
(d) He is on active duty and is not comfortable having his wife around.
5. What does the Comte think of Brown's plans?
(a) He should be told earlier because he is shocked and hurt.
(b) He is delighted and throws a big party.
(c) He is insulted and throws Brown out.
(d) He is indifferent; Brown is only a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the royal banquet, what does Hornblower realize about his wife?
2. What happens after Hornblower captures the French gunboat in the battle at Le Havre?
3. What position does Hornblower assume at Le Havre after the surrender of the town?
4. What other honor is Hornblower awarded?
5. What is one of the many things Hornblower does in his new position in Le Havre?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)