|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships does Admiral Pellew send as reinforcement?
(a) He doesn't send ships, he just sends men.
2. What does Nathaniel Sweet show Hornblower that surprises him?
(a) Chadwick's signed confession.
(b) The crews' injuries from the constant flogging.
(c) New orders from the Admiralty.
(d) Letters and promises from the French.
3. Why is Hornblower not happy and is awkward with his wife when she visits him at Le Havre?
(a) He is on active duty and is not comfortable having his wife around.
(b) He thinks she is having an affair.
(c) She keeps trying to get him to retire and go back to England.
(d) She is embarrassing him by singing his praises to everyone.
4. What is the universal signal to show that there is a Captain in a boat?
(a) Waving with the left hand and then saluting.
(b) Making a fist and touching the forehead.
(c) Givinig a wolf whistle.
(d) Holding up four fingers.
5. What does Hornblower plan to do with the militia?
(a) Attack the nearby city of Honfleur.
(b) Ready them for orders from Wellington.
(c) Send them back to England.
(d) Advance on the city of Rouen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower afraid of happening on the Flame?
2. What is one of the last things LeBrun does before he is captured?
3. Who else comes to Le Havre that is even more surprising to Hornblower?
4. What else does Lebrun want for helping Hornblower?
5. Why does a militia arrive in Le Havre?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)