|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Duke's banquet and reception, what does Hornblower do that ruins the night for his wife?
(a) Shows up late and almost misses the reception line.
(b) Argues with her about the state of the war.
(c) Criticizes her for her appearance.
(d) Tells her at the worst possible time that Captain Bush is dead.
2. What does Nathaniel Sweet show Hornblower that surprises him?
(a) Chadwick's signed confession.
(b) The crews' injuries from the constant flogging.
(c) New orders from the Admiralty.
(d) Letters and promises from the French.
3. How does Lieutenant Freeman determine the ship's location in the dark?
(a) He dredges up a soil sample from the bottom of the sea.
(b) He asks Hornblower.
(c) He sends a seaman out in a tethered longboat.
(d) He calculates their position using the stars.
4. Who does Hornblower meet while walking on deck with Lieutenant Freeman?
(a) Another passenger.
(b) Some of Freeman's officers.
(c) His servant Brown who brings tea.
(d) An old shipmate.
5. Where do they hold the Congress to decide the fate of post-war Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hornblower arrives at Rouen?
2. As part of Lebrun's scheme, what is Hornblower's task?
3. What does Hornblower demand of the Mayor of Rouen?
4. What does Barbara do that contributes to the drifting apart of her relationship with Hornblower?
5. What is Hornblower's relationship to Marie la Vicomtesse de Graçay?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)