|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Covenant have a vision of in Chapter fifteen when the Lords mention the Creator?
2. In the beginning of Chapter nineteen what is done with the bodies of the kresh that were killed?
3. What is found when the quest reaches the Waymeet in Chapter sixteen?
4. Where is Covenant when he awakens in Chapter twenty-five?
5. What does Covenant find when he wakes up after passing out from the pain of the attack from the ground in Chapter sixteen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Covenant begin to feel when they near the bridge in Chapter twenty-two?
2. Describe the scene in Chapter twenty-one where Covenant and Llaura speak.
3. What happens when Birinair is enveloped in the blue flame?
4. What happens after Covenant calls the Ranyhyn in Chapter twenty-four?
5. Describe what happens in Chapter eighteen when Manethrall Lithe shows herself to the members of the quest.
6. In chapter twenty what happens when Lithe offers to be Covenant's servant?
7. What does Covenant find when he wakes up in Chapter twenty-five?
8. In Chapter twenty-one, what do Mhoram and Covenant talk about when Mhoram shows Covenant the Land before they go into battle?
9. What are the reactions at the end of chapter twenty-one when Prothall offers to let any turn back before they go into the mountain?
10. Describe the scene when Covenant has the Ranyhyn called.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Throughout the story Covenant seems intent on surviving. What does surviving mean to Covenant?
2) In chapter twenty-five why does Covenant say that the only thing that matters is that the Quest survived?
3) Compare Covenant's term of survival to the term living. How do they compare?
Essay Topic 2
1) What does Covenant mean when he says that the boots are a part of him?
2) What other things does Covenant seem to use to define himself?
3) What does Covenant seem to be frightened of?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Atiaran's character.
2) Why is it that Atiaran could forgive Covenant for raping her daughter but not for the deaths of the Wraiths.
3) Compare Covenant's actions of raping Lena to that of his actions when the Wraiths were attacked.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)