|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Covenant take when the Quest crosses the bridge in Chapter twenty-two?
2. What gives Covenant the pride to make his way down the mountain by himself in Chapter twenty-two?
3. What does Prothall say in Chapter twenty-two after they are within bow shot of Warrenbridge?
4. In Chapter fifteen what does Prothall do when the meeting first begins?
5. What is the only thing that matters to Covenant when he wakes up in Chapter twenty-five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Prothall and Mhoram have in Chapter twenty-four while in the caverns when Prothall tells Mhoram to leave him behind.
2. In Chapter twenty-two, what does Covenant notice about his ring?
3. What does Covenant find when he wakes up in Chapter twenty-five?
4. What does Osondrea explain about the Ranyhyn in Chapter fifteen?
5. In Chapter fifteen, what does Osondrea say about the meaning of the signs that have come and what are the signs that she talks of?
6. Describe what Bannor tells Covenant in Chapter fifteen regarding the Bloodguard's view of the white gold that Covenant possesses.
7. In chapter twenty what happens when Lithe offers to be Covenant's servant?
8. What happens after Covenant calls the Ranyhyn in Chapter twenty-four?
9. What does Prothall say about the spell on the bridge in Chapter twenty-two?
10. In Chapter twenty-two, why does Covenant say that he cannot throw his ring away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to pick to be one of the following types of member of the Quest, which would you chose and why: Lord, Bloodguard, Eomen, Giant, or Ramen.
2) Which scene from the book was the most gripping and why.
3) If you were Thomas Covenant what would you do once you were back to your own world and why?
Essay Topic 2
1) What role does Lena have in the story?
2) What role does Joan have in the story?
3) Compare Joan to Lena.
Essay Topic 3
1) How is laughter used in the story?
2) Why is it that those in the Land seem to be refreshed or given hope in some way when they laugh?
3) Why is it significant that Covenant cannot laugh?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)