|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Covenant advise Llaura to do to try and help Pietten?
2. In Chapter seventeen what do the two Bloodguards report after coming back from Woodhelven?
3. What does Tamarantha say the Creator first built?
4. Where does Foamfollower tell Covenant that hope should come from?
5. Why does Prothall allow Birinair to lead the Quest into the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the battle is over in Chapter seventeen, what does Covenant decide?
2. What happens after Covenant calls the Ranyhyn in Chapter twenty-four?
3. What does Covenant think about and answer where Mhoram asks about Covenant's world?
4. What happens when Covenant meets Winhome Gay in Chapter nineteen?
5. What does Covenant begin to feel when they near the bridge in Chapter twenty-two?
6. What does Mhoram eventually realize about the pain that Covenant feels through the ground?
7. In Chapter twenty-two, what does Covenant notice about his ring?
8. What happens when the two scouts come back to the camp in Chapter seventeen?
9. In chapter twenty what happens when Lithe offers to be Covenant's servant?
10. Describe how the Lithe gets the members of the Quest out of the caverns in Chapter twenty-four.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Covenant talks about little old ladies that pound away at hunks of granite with little hammers until they turn big pieces into little pieces on page 340. Foamfollower asks if it is a prophecy but Covenant says he doesn't know. If this were a prophecy what do you think it is alluding to?
2) What other statements are found in the story that you feel could be prophecies?
3) What role does prophecy have in the story?
Essay Topic 2
1) How is laughter used in the story?
2) Why is it that those in the Land seem to be refreshed or given hope in some way when they laugh?
3) Why is it significant that Covenant cannot laugh?
Essay Topic 3
1) What is the role of the beggar in the story?
2) What was significant to remember from the interaction that Covenant and the beggar have?
3) Why does Covenant's mind drift to the beggar when the Lords are telling Covenant what they know of the Creator?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)