|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Korik say was odd about the hawk that was circling overhead that he shot?
2. What does Covenant say to do with Tamarantha's staff?
3. What gives Covenant the pride to make his way down the mountain by himself in Chapter twenty-two?
4. What does Covenant find when he wakes up after passing out from the pain of the attack from the ground in Chapter sixteen.
5. What does Mhoram tell Prothall when Prothall tells them to leave him behind in Chapter twenty-four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the Lithe gets the members of the Quest out of the caverns in Chapter twenty-four.
2. What does Mhoram eventually realize about the pain that Covenant feels through the ground?
3. Describe the code as it is spoken of in Chapter fifteen.
4. In Chapter fifteen, what does Osondrea say about the meaning of the signs that have come and what are the signs that she talks of?
5. Describe what Bannor tells Covenant in Chapter fifteen regarding the Bloodguard's view of the white gold that Covenant possesses.
6. What are the reactions at the end of chapter twenty-one when Prothall offers to let any turn back before they go into the mountain?
7. What does Osondrea explain about the Ranyhyn in Chapter fifteen?
8. In Chapter twenty-two, what does Covenant notice about his ring?
9. What do they find when they reach Woodhelven in Chapter seventeen?
10. What happens when the two scouts come back to the camp in Chapter seventeen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What does Covenant mean when he says that the boots are a part of him?
2) What other things does Covenant seem to use to define himself?
3) What does Covenant seem to be frightened of?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why does Covenant continually tell people not to touch him and repeat that he is a leper while in the Land?
2) What does being a leper mean to Covenant?
3) Why does Covenant not sit down and explain to the Lords or someone what it means to be a leper in terms of what the disease does to him?
Essay Topic 3
1) Throughout the story Covenant seems intent on surviving. What does surviving mean to Covenant?
2) In chapter twenty-five why does Covenant say that the only thing that matters is that the Quest survived?
3) Compare Covenant's term of survival to the term living. How do they compare?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)