|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Covenant say he cannot take off his boots?
2. What does Covenant make stakes for at Woodhelven in Chapter seventeen?
3. What does Foamfollower say that his name means?
4. Where does Foamfollower tell Covenant that hope should come from?
5. What is found when the quest reaches the Waymeet in Chapter sixteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter twenty-two, what does Covenant notice about his ring?
2. In Chapter twenty-two, why does Covenant say that he cannot throw his ring away?
3. What does Covenant begin to feel when they near the bridge in Chapter twenty-two?
4. What are the reactions at the end of chapter twenty-one when Prothall offers to let any turn back before they go into the mountain?
5. Describe what Bannor tells Covenant in Chapter fifteen regarding the Bloodguard's view of the white gold that Covenant possesses.
6. Describe what happens in Chapter eighteen when Manethrall Lithe shows herself to the members of the quest.
7. In Chapter twenty-one, what do Mhoram and Covenant talk about when Mhoram shows Covenant the Land before they go into battle?
8. What does Prothall say about the spell on the bridge in Chapter twenty-two?
9. What happens when Covenant meets Winhome Gay in Chapter nineteen?
10. In Chapter fifteen, what does Osondrea say about the meaning of the signs that have come and what are the signs that she talks of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) How does Covenant view the Land when he first arrives there?
2) Does Covenant view the Land any differently after he arrives back home? Explain.
3) What does the Land represent to Covenant?
Essay Topic 2
1) Throughout the story Covenant seems intent on surviving. What does surviving mean to Covenant?
2) In chapter twenty-five why does Covenant say that the only thing that matters is that the Quest survived?
3) Compare Covenant's term of survival to the term living. How do they compare?
Essay Topic 3
1) Covenant continually talks about the bargain that he makes in order to stay alive. What is the bargain that Covenant has made?
2) In what ways does Covenant keep his bargain?
3) In what way does he not keep his bargain?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)