|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first word that the beggar says to Covenant in Chapter two?
2. What happens while Covenant and Atiaran are walking in the storm in Chapter nine?
3. What does the woman say to Thomas Covenant in the beginning of Chapter one when she steps out of the store and sees him?
4. How many Bloodguard does Bannor say that there always is?
5. What had the Waynhim been killed with in Chapter nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What oddity does Covenant notice in regards to his feet while he and Atiaran are traveling after having left Woodhelven in Chapter ten?
2. What does Covenant decide to do when he first wakes up in Chapter eight?
3. What does Bannor explain about the history of the Bloodguard when Covenant asks about it?
4. What does Covenant explain to the Lords after they learn that he has the white gold ring?
5. Describe the houses that Covenant sees when he reaches Lena's home in Chapter five.
6. What does Lena tell Covenant about the aliantha.
7. What happens while Covenant and Atiaran are watching the Wraiths dance?
8. What does Atiaran find when looking at Covenant's hands?
9. In Chapter nine, when do Covenant and Atiaran leave the first Waymeet?
10. Why is Covenant going to town in Chapter one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why does Covenant continually say that the Land is just a dream and that it must be a dream or he must be crazy?
2) What is Covenant's reaction when he returns home and finds that his fingers and toes are numb?
3) What is his reaction when he has returned home and finds that his clothes look just as they did before he went to the Land?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Bannor's character.
2) What relationship do Bannor and Covenant have?
3) Why is it that the Bloodguard and the ring were the only things that didn't become transparent to Covenant when he was near the Word of Warning spell?
Essay Topic 3
1) Covenant continually talks about the bargain that he makes in order to stay alive. What is the bargain that Covenant has made?
2) In what ways does Covenant keep his bargain?
3) In what way does he not keep his bargain?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)