|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Waynhim been killed with in Chapter nine?
2. What happens while Covenant and Atiaran are walking in the storm in Chapter nine?
3. What does Lena do that makes Covenant act so rudely to her in Chapter four?
4. What does Covenant hear in Chapter two before he crumbles?
5. What dos the piece of paper say that the boy gives to Covenant in Chapter one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bannor explain about the history of the Bloodguard when Covenant asks about it?
2. What does Covenant explain to the Lords after they learn that he has the white gold ring?
3. What happens in chapter eight when Triok comes to kill Covenant?
4. Describe the conversation that Covenant and Trell first have when he arrives in Lena's home in Chapter six.
5. What happens between Covenant and Lena in Chapter seven?
6. What does Atiaran find when looking at Covenant's hands?
7. What does Covenant dream in Chapter eleven?
8. What differences does Covenant see in Foamfollower when Covenant first wakes up in Chapter twelve?
9. Why is Covenant going to town in Chapter one?
10. What does Lena tell Covenant about the aliantha.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What is the purpose of the Code that is spoken of on page 280 that says, "Do not hurt where holding is enough; do not wound where hurting is enough; do not maim where wounding is enough; and kill not where maiming is enough; the greatest warrior is one who does not need to kill?"
2) Is this code kept by those in the Land throughout the book? Explain.
3) What is the difference in this Code and the Vow that the Bloodguard have taken?
Essay Topic 2
1) How is laughter used in the story?
2) Why is it that those in the Land seem to be refreshed or given hope in some way when they laugh?
3) Why is it significant that Covenant cannot laugh?
Essay Topic 3
1) What does Covenant mean when he says that the boots are a part of him?
2) What other things does Covenant seem to use to define himself?
3) What does Covenant seem to be frightened of?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)