|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Atiaran's story in Chapter six what comes from the ground after Berek has pledged himself to it?
2. What does Covenant drop in the beggar's bowl?
3. How long does Covenant learn he has been asleep?
4. What was the Staff of Law made from as told in Atiaran's story in Chapter six?
5. What do the people of Woodhelven say that they fear is in the Land in Chapter nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter nine when Covenant and Atiaran find the second Waymeet.
2. Describe the houses that Covenant sees when he reaches Lena's home in Chapter five.
3. What happens when Covenant arrives at the Keep in Chapter thirteen?
4. What does Lord Foul tell Covenant to do in Chapter three?
5. In Chapter ten, what happens when Covenant grabs the High Wood staff a second time?
6. Describe the story that Covenant recounts to Foamfollower in Chapter twelve.
7. What does Lena tell Covenant about the aliantha.
8. Describe the conversation between Baradakas and Covenant in Chapter ten.
9. Why is Covenant going to town in Chapter one?
10. What does Covenant decide to do when he first wakes up in Chapter eight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why does Covenant continually say that the Land is just a dream and that it must be a dream or he must be crazy?
2) What is Covenant's reaction when he returns home and finds that his fingers and toes are numb?
3) What is his reaction when he has returned home and finds that his clothes look just as they did before he went to the Land?
Essay Topic 2
1) What is the purpose of the Code that is spoken of on page 280 that says, "Do not hurt where holding is enough; do not wound where hurting is enough; do not maim where wounding is enough; and kill not where maiming is enough; the greatest warrior is one who does not need to kill?"
2) Is this code kept by those in the Land throughout the book? Explain.
3) What is the difference in this Code and the Vow that the Bloodguard have taken?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why does Covenant continually tell people not to touch him and repeat that he is a leper while in the Land?
2) What does being a leper mean to Covenant?
3) Why does Covenant not sit down and explain to the Lords or someone what it means to be a leper in terms of what the disease does to him?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)