|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Covenant show the Lords when they ask for a token that his story is true?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) Triok's knife.
(c) The staff given to him by Baradakas.
(d) A song from Atiaran.
2. What does Covenant answer when Lena asks if he is married in Chapter seven?
(a) It doesn't matter.
(b) One day I will be.
(c) I have never been married.
(d) Happily married.
3. What was the Staff of Law made from as told in Atiaran's story in Chapter six?
(a) It was made from white gold and magic.
(b) A giant forged the tree.
(c) The One Tree.
(d) The bone of a dragon.
4. What does Covenant say when the beggar asks why he doesn't destroy himself in Chapter two?
(a) That's too easy.
(b) Because that would mean the leprosy won the fight.
(c) He is too scared.
(d) He doesn't know.
5. What does Baradakas do after Covenant has handed the High Wood back?
(a) Swears his loyalty to Covenant.
(b) Offers to take Covenant to his home.
(c) Spits on Covenant.
(d) Slaps Covenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter eleven what does Covenant see that is the color of blood and reminds him of Drool's eyes?
2. What does Atiaran tell Covenant that it is said that a person should go to the lillianrill for?
3. In Chapter twelve what does Covenant say is a fine way to end a song?
4. What does Lena tell Covenant to do after eating the treasure berries?
5. What does Quaan say about Lord Mhoram in Chapter twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the houses that Covenant sees when he reaches Lena's home in Chapter five.
2. Describe the conversation between the beggar and Covenant in the beginning of the book.
3. Describe the scene in Chapter nine when Covenant and Atiaran find the second Waymeet.
4. Describe the conversation that Joan and Covenant had had after it was discovered he had leprosy.
5. What happens between Covenant and Lena in Chapter seven?
6. What does Covenant explain to the Lords after they learn that he has the white gold ring?
7. What does Atiaran say as she leaves Covenant?
8. What does Covenant dream in Chapter eleven?
9. What does Atiaran explain about the Waymeet in Chapter nine?
10. What does Covenant decide to do when he first wakes up in Chapter eight?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)