|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Korik NOT say was in the marauders he came upon in Chapter seventeen?
2. What does Covenant say Prothall is going to do after the quest if they succeed?
(a) Leave the Keep.
(b) Rebuild Wooldhelven.
(d) Go and offer himself to the Ranyhyn.
3. What does Prothall say in Chapter twenty-two after they are within bow shot of Warrenbridge?
(a) That this may be easier than he had feared.
(b) That his heart tells him there is peril.
(c) That he knows it is a trap.
(d) That he wished he had eaten before they left.
4. What does Birinair suddenly realize is happening while eating in Chapter seventeen?
(a) Ur-viles are over the mountain.
(b) Something has been murdered.
(c) A tree is burning.
(d) A dark storm is coming for them.
5. Who is the first person that Covenant sees in Chapter twenty-five?
(a) A policeman.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
6. Why does Prothall allow Birinair to lead the Quest into the mountains?
(a) Prothall had a dream of Birinair leading.
(b) Birinair drew a shorter straw.
(c) Birinair's light is softer than Prothall's.
(d) Birinair knows the way.
7. What does Covenant believe is the reason that Foul attacked Woodhelven as Covenant thinks about it in the end of Chapter seventeen?
(a) The white gold ring.
(b) To show the extent of his power.
(c) Because they aided Covenant.
(d) Because he is sick and twisted.
8. In Chapter twenty-one, what does Covenant say he knows is the only way that the dream will release him?
(a) When the High Lords learn the magic to send him home.
(b) When the Creator or Lord Fould decide he can go.
(c) When the plot is finished.
(d) In death or by the Staff of the Law.
9. What stops Covenant from throwing the white gold ring over the cliff in Chapter twenty-four?
(a) The blood stain is gone from the ring.
(b) He sees Foamfollower.
(c) He remembers Lena.
(d) He hears Joan's voice.
10. What does Foamfollower do when Prothall first asks him if he raves?
(a) Foamfollower nearly crushes Prothall's head with a rock.
(b) Foamfollower picks Prothall up by the front of his robe.
(c) Foamfollower threatens to kill Prothall.
(d) Foamfollower sits down to cry.
11. What does Prothall tell Covenant is the reason that he is beginning to fade in Chapter twenty-four?
(a) The Staff of Law is no longer in Drool's possession.
(b) Drool is dead.
(c) The Illearth Stone is destroyed.
(d) Foul has released him.
12. What doesn't become transparent to Covenant in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) The Mountain.
(c) The Bloodguard and the ring.
13. What does Covenant ask of the Ramen people before he leaves?
(a) For them to care for his horse and give him a fresh one.
(b) For Gay to be sent to the Lord's Keep as she wishes.
(c) For them to give Pietten and Llaura a home.
(d) For two of their warriors to go with him.
14. In Chapter twenty-two what does Covenant feel that the ring is doing?
(a) Confusing his senses.
(b) Fortelling of the Quest's failure.
(c) Communicating with the Mountain.
(d) Calling Drool to them.
15. In Chapter fifteen what does Prothall do when the meeting first begins?
(a) Says he has had a dream.
(b) Casts a spell over the assembly.
(c) Offers his place as leader to someone else.
(d) Asks to hold the white gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prothall say about the spell that they have found in Chapter twenty-two?
2. What do the Lords offer to let Foamfollower do in Chapter fifteen?
3. What does the doctor NOT tell Covenant is one of the reasons it would be just as well if Covenant went home?
4. Why can Covenant not lift Tuvor?
5. What does Covenant advise Llaura to do to try and help Pietten?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)