|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Covenant from throwing the white gold ring over the cliff in Chapter twenty-four?
(a) He hears Joan's voice.
(b) The blood stain is gone from the ring.
(c) He remembers Lena.
(d) He sees Foamfollower.
2. What does Covenant find when he wakes up after passing out from the pain of the attack from the ground in Chapter sixteen.
(a) There have been alterations made to his boots.
(b) His boots have been burned.
(c) Foamfollower is carrying him.
(d) The others have left him behind.
3. What does Covenant say Prothall is going to do after the quest if they succeed?
(a) Rebuild Wooldhelven.
(c) Leave the Keep.
(d) Go and offer himself to the Ranyhyn.
4. What does Covenant say to do with Tamarantha's staff?
(a) Give it to Llaura.
(b) Give it to Mhoram.
(c) Bury it with Tamarantha.
(d) Burn it.
5. What does Covenant answer when Foamfollower asks who could forgive more readily than his dream?
(a) No one.
(b) Only the Creator.
(c) Dreams never forgive.
(d) It doesn't matter.
6. In Chapter seventeen what do the two Bloodguards report after coming back from Woodhelven?
(a) Woodhelven is completely gone, as if it were swallowed up by the Land.
(b) There are dead ur-viles in the village.
(c) It is dead and deserted.
(d) It is abandoned but everything is intact.
7. In Chapter twenty-two, what effect is Covenant's ring having on him?
(a) It makes his hand feel numb.
(b) It has blistered his hand and left it oozing.
(c) It is feeling as if it is too tight.
(d) It is making his finger itch.
8. Who is the first person that Covenant sees in Chapter twenty-five?
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A policeman.
9. What place does Covenant take when the Quest crosses the bridge in Chapter twenty-two?
(b) He doesn't go across the bridge.
(d) Third behind Bannor.
10. What does Covenant try to catch a glimpse of before going into the catacombs in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) The stars in the sky.
(b) The Ranyhyn.
(d) The moon.
11. Where is Covenant when he awakens in Chapter twenty-five?
(a) On his couch.
(b) His bed.
12. What does Mhoram realize that the pain is that Covenant feels in the ground?
(a) The Gray Slayer pricking at Covenant.
(b) Drool looking for Covenant.
(c) The Land reacting against Covenant.
(d) Only in Covenant's mind.
13. What doesn't become transparent to Covenant in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) The Mountain.
(d) The Bloodguard and the ring.
14. Where does Foamfollower tell Covenant that hope should come from?
15. What does Covenant make stakes for at Woodhelven in Chapter seventeen?
(a) To make a place for the horses.
(b) To dig trenches.
(c) To keep the rain off.
(d) To make a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bannor tell Covenant when Covenant asks how the Bloodguard defend the Lords without weapons?
2. What does Covenant ask of the Ramen people before he leaves?
3. What does Covenant tell Foamfollower that the only good answer to death is?
4. In the beginning of chapter seventeen what does Foamfollower tell Covenant when he wakes him up?
5. What does Birinair suddenly realize is happening while eating in Chapter seventeen?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)