|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Covenant try to catch a glimpse of before going into the catacombs in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) The stars in the sky.
(b) The Ranyhyn.
(d) The moon.
2. What does Prothall tell Covenant about the ring in relation to the spell they have found in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) The ring can control the spell.
(b) The ring made the spell.
(c) The ring is of the same magic.
(d) The ring may undo the spell.
3. In Chapter twenty-two, what effect is Covenant's ring having on him?
(a) It has blistered his hand and left it oozing.
(b) It makes his hand feel numb.
(c) It is feeling as if it is too tight.
(d) It is making his finger itch.
4. What does Prothall answer when Mhoram asks if it is possible that Drool has mastered the Staff of Law already?
(a) There are prophecies to help in the Staff's mastering.
(b) Drool is an ancient creature.
(c) Drool has Lord Foul to help him.
(d) He is unsure.
5. What does Mhoram tell Covenant to do in Chapter twenty-four when they are battling the Ur-viles?
(a) Take cover.
(b) Read the scroll from the second Ward.
(c) Take his staff.
(d) Raise his ring.
6. What does the doctor tell Covenant happened to him?
(a) Got shot.
(b) Was hit by an icecream truck.
(c) Had a run-in with a police car.
(d) Was beaned with a rock.
7. What does Prothall say that the spell is that they encountered in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) A Word of Warning.
(b) Pit of Dispair.
(c) Death Trap.
(d) Howling Moon.
8. What does the doctor compare being a leper to?
(a) Paintings of the crucifixion of Christ.
(c) Being alone in the world.
(d) Being in a coma.
9. What does Mhoram do when he sees that Covenant's ring is blood red in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) Mutters a prayer.
(b) Puts a spell over Covenant.
(c) Clasps his hand over Covenant's fist.
(d) Tells Covenant to be true.
10. What is the only thing that matters to Covenant when he wakes up in Chapter twenty-five?
(a) That he still has his ring.
(b) That he is home.
(c) That he is alive.
(d) That the Quest had succeeded.
11. In Chapter twenty-two what does Covenant feel that the ring is doing?
(a) Fortelling of the Quest's failure.
(b) Confusing his senses.
(c) Communicating with the Mountain.
(d) Calling Drool to them.
12. When Foamfollower returns to the camp in Chapter seventeen after killing the Cavewights what does he do?
(a) Cuts lines up the outsides of his arms.
(b) Puts his hands in the fire.
(c) Shaves his head.
(d) Cuts x shapes into his flesh.
13. What does Lord Prothall say should be done with the bodies in Woodhelven?
(c) Left alone because they have no time.
(d) Consumed by magic.
14. What does Covenant find when he wakes up after passing out from the pain of the attack from the ground in Chapter sixteen.
(a) Foamfollower is carrying him.
(b) There have been alterations made to his boots.
(c) The others have left him behind.
(d) His boots have been burned.
15. How many sentries does the Bloodguard say there are at Warrenbridge in Chapter twenty-two?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Covenant make stakes for at Woodhelven in Chapter seventeen?
2. What does Korik say was odd about the hawk that was circling overhead that he shot?
3. What does Covenant see in the center of the bridge?
4. Who is the first person that Covenant sees in Chapter twenty-five?
5. What gives Covenant the pride to make his way down the mountain by himself in Chapter twenty-two?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)