|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foamfollower say is the only great danger in Chapter twelve?
(a) He is weary.
(b) The storm in the sky.
(c) The heaviness of their hearts.
(d) The raver's that follow them.
2. Where does Covenant find himself when he wakes up in Chapter three?
(a) A palace.
(b) A cell.
(c) A cavern.
(d) A cloud.
3. What was the Staff of Law made from as told in Atiaran's story in Chapter six?
(a) It was made from white gold and magic.
(b) A giant forged the tree.
(c) The One Tree.
(d) The bone of a dragon.
4. What does Atiaran charge Foamfollower to do?
(a) Take them both down river.
(b) Take Covenant safely to the Lord's Keep.
(c) Protect her.
(d) Give them shelter for the day.
5. In Chapter eleven what does Covenant see that is the color of blood and reminds him of Drool's eyes?
(a) A group of berries.
(b) A Wraith.
(c) An abandoned cloak.
(d) The moon.
6. Who does Joan tell Covenant is most susceptible to leprosy?
(b) People who are already ill.
(c) Pregnant women.
7. What does Lena tell Covenant that she saw in Chapter four?
(a) The Creator.
(b) Lord Foul and Drool Rockworm.
(c) Covenant lands from a giant bird.
(d) Covenant fighting an ill cloud in the sky.
8. What does Covenant tell the Lords that he believes about their Land?
(a) That it is heaven.
(b) That it will be destroyed.
(c) That it has nothing to do with him.
(d) That it is a dream.
9. What does Lena tell Covenant to do after eating the treasure berries?
(a) Keep a few for later.
(b) Drink some water to dilute the berries' effect.
(c) Throw the seeds so more bushes will grow.
(d) Leave a small pile for the birds.
10. What does Lena do in Chapter six when she hears Covenant tell Atiaran that the Gray Slayer has returned?
(a) She runs to tell her father.
(b) She drops the bowl she is holding.
(c) She runs to her room.
(d) She screams.
11. In chapter six what song does Atiaran sing?
(a) The Prophecy of the Staff of Law.
(b) Fat Bottom Girls You Make the Rockin' World Go Round.
(c) The Story of the White Gold.
(d) The Legend of Berek Halfhand.
12. What does Covenant notice about Foamfollower's boat in Chapter eleven?
(a) It is made out of the same High Wood as the staff at Woodhelven.
(b) There is no propulsion system to be seen on it.
(c) It seems to glide over the water rather than on it.
(d) It was decorated with pictures of the Wraiths.
13. What does Lena do that makes Covenant act so rudely to her in Chapter four?
(a) She is kind to him.
(b) She yelled at him for being on the sacred mount.
(c) She fell into him nearly knocking him over.
(d) She teased him about falling over the edge.
14. What happens while Covenant and Atiaran are walking in the storm in Chapter nine?
(a) Atiaran falls and hurts her head.
(b) Covenant's ring is hit by lightning.
(c) Lord Foul speaks to Covenant.
(d) They see the face of Drool Rockworm.
15. What does Covenant drop in the beggar's bowl?
(a) A dollar.
(b) Everything in his pocket.
(c) A piece of paper with an IOU scribbled on it.
(d) His white wedding ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Atiaran say that the Wraiths cannot run away from the ur-viles in Chapter ten?
2. What does Atiaran tell Covenant about the white gold that his wedding band is made of?
3. What does Covenant notice after Bannor has left his room in Chapter thirteen?
4. What does Covenant say he gave to Joan as a wedding present while talking to Lena in Chapter seven?
5. What does Lena say will be the only thing to stop Covenant if he has come to betray the Land?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)