|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Covenant do in Chapter nine before he and Atiaran leave the Waymeet?
(a) Makes himself a new shirt.
(b) Begs Atiaran's forgiveness.
(c) Tells her the story of coming to the Land.
2. Why does Covenatn tell the Lords that he cast down the tapestry from his room?
(a) It smelled funny.
(b) To separate himeself from it.
(c) It offended him.
(d) It gave him bad dreams.
3. What does Covenant drop in the beggar's bowl?
(a) A piece of paper with an IOU scribbled on it.
(b) His white wedding ring.
(c) Everything in his pocket.
(d) A dollar.
4. What happens that makes Covenant decide to walk to the two miles into town?
(a) He wnats to buy a present for his son.
(b) Someone pays his phone bill.
(c) He needed to see the doctor.
(d) He recieved a letter from his lawyer.
5. What does Atiaran tell Covenant about the white gold that his wedding band is made of?
(a) It was long ago destoryed from their Land.
(b) It is only found in the giant's Land.
(c) There is no metal like that found in their Land.
(d) It is very pretty.
6. What dos the piece of paper say that the boy gives to Covenant in Chapter one?
7. What was it that brought Covenant's infection to Joan's attention as it is described in Chapter two?
(a) He lost a finger.
(b) Covenant complaining about pain.
(c) The smell.
(d) An oozing liquid.
8. What does Covenant answer when Lena asks if he is married in Chapter seven?
(a) I have never been married.
(b) One day I will be.
(c) Happily married.
(d) It doesn't matter.
9. What does Covenant tell Foamfollower about the people that try to help him while Covenant is talking in Chapter twelve?
(a) They don't know what they are getting into.
(b) They all die.
(c) They all are sorry for their help.
(d) They all end up exhausted.
10. What does Lena say she wants to do rather than stay in her home and get married?
(a) Go and become a Lord.
(b) Go to see the Giants.
(c) Wander the Land.
(d) Go to Woodhelven.
11. In Chapter nine what does Covenant realize that Atiaran did in the night while he was sleeping?
(a) Sent a message to Trell.
(b) Put a blanket over him.
(c) Kept watch without sleep.
(d) Left a monument to their journey.
12. What was the Staff of Law made from as told in Atiaran's story in Chapter six?
(a) A giant forged the tree.
(b) The One Tree.
(c) It was made from white gold and magic.
(d) The bone of a dragon.
13. What does Quaan say that they were sent as when he first reaches the boat in Chapter twelve?
(a) To keep Covenant safe.
(b) A welcoming party.
(c) An escort.
(d) As scounts to look for the ravers.
14. What does Covenant tell the Lords that he believes about their Land?
(a) That it is heaven.
(b) That it is a dream.
(c) That it has nothing to do with him.
(d) That it will be destroyed.
15. What does Lena say will be the only thing to stop Covenant if he has come to betray the Land?
(a) The love of the people.
(b) The spirit of the Land.
(c) The Staff of Law.
(d) The Lords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atiaran tell Covenant that the elders said when she is talking to him in Chapter eight?
2. In Chapter eleven what does Covenant see that is the color of blood and reminds him of Drool's eyes?
3. In chapter seven what does Covenant say when Lena asks him if he is not well?
4. In Chapter eight what does Atiaran say she wishes they could do to save time but they cannot?
5. In Chapter thirteen what does Covenant tell Mhoram about the red moon?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)