|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Baradakas give Covenant?
(a) A staff Baradakas made.
(b) The High Wood staff.
(c) A ring.
(d) A map.
2. In Chapter seven what does Lena say her father had been looking for the orcrest stone for?
(a) To keep away the Gray Slayer's demons.
(b) To earn his right to be an elder.
(c) To end a drought.
(d) To heal the village of an illness.
3. What troubles Covenant about being in the Woodhelven village?
(a) The fact that the tree seems to sing to him.
(b) The way that people are bowing to him.
(c) His fear of hights.
(d) The smell that comes from the trees.
4. What does Foamfollower give Covenant to help him sleep in Chapter eleven?
(d) A knuckle sandwich.
5. What does Atiaran say she cannot tell about Covenant?
(a) What lies in his future.
(b) If he is ill or well.
(c) If he is a friend or foe.
(d) If he is real or a dream.
6. In Chapter thirteen what does Covenant tell Mhoram about the red moon?
(a) It doesn't mean anything.
(b) It resembles the death that is too come.
(c) He doesn't know anything about it.
(d) That Drool is just showing off.
7. What does Quaan say about Lord Mhoram in Chapter twelve?
(a) That he is not at the keep.
(b) That he is currently ill with an unknown illness.
(c) That he is their greatest leader.
(d) That he is an oracle and seer.
8. What was it that brought Covenant's infection to Joan's attention as it is described in Chapter two?
(a) Covenant complaining about pain.
(b) He lost a finger.
(c) The smell.
(d) An oozing liquid.
9. What does Covenant do to Lena in the end of Chapter seven?
(a) Drowns her.
(b) Threatens to kill her.
(c) Rapes her.
(d) Hits her with a rock.
10. What had the Waynhim been killed with in Chapter nine?
(a) A rope.
(b) They can't tell.
(c) An iron spike.
(d) A rusty sword.
11. What does Atiaran tell Covenant to do in the end of Chapter ten after they have escaped the ur-viles that killed the Wraiths?
(a) Take her home.
(b) Take his ring off and give it to the Wraiths.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Go to the Lords without her.
12. What does Lena tell Covenant that she saw in Chapter four?
(a) Covenant fighting an ill cloud in the sky.
(b) Lord Foul and Drool Rockworm.
(c) Covenant lands from a giant bird.
(d) The Creator.
13. In Chapter eleven what does Covenant see that is the color of blood and reminds him of Drool's eyes?
(a) An abandoned cloak.
(b) A Wraith.
(c) A group of berries.
(d) The moon.
14. What does Atiaran find for her and Covenant in Chapter nine?
(a) Two horses to ride.
(b) A pool of water to bathe in.
(c) A Waymeet.
(d) A cave to sleep in.
15. What does the woman say to Thomas Covenant in the beginning of Chapter one when she steps out of the store and sees him?
(a) You ought to be ashamed.
(b) I'll call the police.
(c) Who said you could come to town?
(d) You should be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Foul tell Covenant he wants him to do?
2. What does Covenant hear in Chapter two before he crumbles?
3. What does Triok do when he catches up with Atiaran and Covenant?
4. Why does Covenatn tell the Lords that he cast down the tapestry from his room?
5. What does Atiaran say she would do if she had given up in Chapter eleven?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)