1. What does the woman say to Thomas Covenant in the beginning of Chapter one when she steps out of the store and sees him?
(a) You should be shot.
(b) Who said you could come to town?
(c) I'll call the police.
(d) You ought to be ashamed.
2. What dos the piece of paper say that the boy gives to Covenant in Chapter one?
3. What was it that brought Covenant's infection to Joan's attention as it is described in Chapter two?
(a) An oozing liquid.
(b) The smell.
(c) Covenant complaining about pain.
(d) He lost a finger.
4. What is the initial diagnosis when Joan takes Covenant to the emergency room?
(a) Hodgkin disease.
(c) Unknown cell damage.
5. Who does Joan tell Covenant is most susceptible to leprosy?
(a) People who are already ill.
(d) Pregnant women.
6. What does the doctor tell Covenant about they type of leprosy that he has?
(a) It has no genealogy.
(b) It eats you from the inside out.
(c) It is very painful.
(d) It will eventually kill him.
This section contains 5,849 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)