|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James decide two days before the New Year?
2. What two things does Theresa's new male friend say make him happy?
3. Who calls Theresa after she gets home from talking with Tony?
4. Who does Theresa invite over for dinner after talking with Rose?
5. On Thanksgiving night, what does Theresa do before making love with James?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Theresa feel about finding Brooks with another woman and what is her retaliation?
2. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
3. Discuss how Theresa feels when she sees Tony waiting for her after school and why she feels that way.
4. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
5. Discuss Ali's formula for happiness. How does this conflict with his former wife?
6. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
7. Discuss Tony's background and family.
8. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
9. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
10. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Theresa to her two sisters. Consider their personalities and physical characteristics.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)