Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James leave Theresa's apartment on Christmas Day?
2. What happens to Theresa at school on the Friday after her Wednesday night date?
3. Who is Theresa's weeknight boyfriend?
4. Who makes a comment about Theresa's gift that makes her feel trapped?
5. How does Theresa feel about her career choice?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of James to the story? How might the novel had differed if he had not been introduced?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different and what are there similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of loneliness as a motif throughout the novel. How does the author depict loneliness? How do we know Theresa or any of the other characters are lonely?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)