|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theresa change clothes when her Saturday date arrives?
2. What does James do to offend Theresa when they begin to make love?
3. What repulses Theresa about Gary?
4. Who asks Theresa to marry him?
5. Why does Theresa go to Luther's?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in literature. What foreshadowing was present in Looking for Mr. Goodbar? Was the foreshadowing diluted since the murder confession was actually the beginning of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in Looking for Mr. Goodbar? Select a different type of conflict and explain how the story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of Looking for Mr. Goodbar? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)