|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katherine plan to solve her problem?
2. What two things does Theresa's new male friend say make him happy?
3. Who teases Theresa during a wedding reception that he wants to marry her?
4. How does Theresa react when one of her boyfriends suggests he is in love with her?
5. When none of the new men in her life call, to what does Theresa turn her attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
2. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
3. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
4. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
5. Discuss the regular dating arrangement Theresa has developed until Victor comes along.
6. Discuss how Theresa feels about her own career.
7. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
8. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
9. What decision does Katherine make in January that hurts Theresa deeply? What is the irony of it?
10. Discuss the confrontation between Rose and Theresa.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the unusual structure of the novel Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How does it differ from a traditionally structured novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Theresa to her two sisters. Consider their personalities and physical characteristics.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)