|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theresa's Saturday date wearing when he picks her up?
2. Where does Theresa insist her date take her that neither she nor her date enjoy?
3. Who is Theresa's weeknight boyfriend?
4. What depresses Theresa about the Thanksgiving holiday?
5. What does James decide two days before the New Year?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of James to the story? How might the novel had differed if he had not been introduced?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mental impact of Theresa's childhood physical illness on the decisions she made as an adult. How does her childhood illness affect her decisions regarding sex, marriage and family?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)