|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa get even with her ex-brother in law?
2. When does Theresa awaken after her Wednesday night date?
3. Who does Theresa invite over for dinner after talking with Rose?
4. Which character doesn't like sick kids?
5. Who does Rose introduce Theresa to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
2. What decision does Katherine make in January that hurts Theresa deeply? What is the irony of it?
3. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
4. Discuss how Theresa feels about her own career.
5. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
6. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
7. What is Theresa's concern about going to his mother's party with Tony? What does he tell her about her concern?
8. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
9. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
10. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast James and Tony in the novel. Why did Theresa choose to date both?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of Looking for Mr. Goodbar? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)