|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes Theresa's mind about her sister's former husband?
2. Who stopped being friendly to Theresa after she spent time with Victor?
3. Who has surgery to remove a tumor?
4. Who is a Vietnam vet?
5. Where is a union strike held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the regular dating arrangement Theresa has developed until Victor comes along.
2. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
3. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
4. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
5. Discuss the confrontation between Rose and Theresa.
6. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
7. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
8. What is Theresa's relationship with Victor?
9. What is Theresa's concern about going to his mother's party with Tony? What does he tell her about her concern?
10. Discuss Theresa's Thanksgiving Day depression.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of James to the story? How might the novel had differed if he had not been introduced?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of loneliness as a motif throughout the novel. How does the author depict loneliness? How do we know Theresa or any of the other characters are lonely?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the era in which Looking for Mr. Goodbar is set. Why was this novel controversial for its time? What important social issues does it address?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)