|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa feel after her first sexual encounter with her Wednesday night date?
2. Where does Theresa work for nearly two years after graduating college?
3. Who does Theresa invite over for dinner after talking with Rose?
4. Which character doesn't like sick kids?
5. What is unique about the item shown to Theresa by her Wednesday night date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the regular dating arrangement Theresa has developed until Victor comes along.
2. Discuss the first continuing relationship that resulted from one of Theresa's bar pickups.
3. Discuss Theresa's Thanksgiving Day depression.
4. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
5. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
6. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
7. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
8. Katherine looks to Theresa as someone to whom she can confess. What does Katherine confess in the November after Theresa moves away from the Bronx?
9. Discuss the confrontation between Rose and Theresa.
10. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in literature. What foreshadowing was present in Looking for Mr. Goodbar? Was the foreshadowing diluted since the murder confession was actually the beginning of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different and what are there similarities?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)