|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Theresa sleep in her apartment after talking with her ex brother-in-law?
2. Where is a union strike held?
3. Where does Theresa insist her date take her that neither she nor her date enjoy?
4. What lie does Theresa tell James when they arrive at her apartment on Christmas?
5. Who has a Wednesday night date with Theresa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Theresa does in the bar when she sees Gary.
2. Discuss the regular dating arrangement Theresa has developed until Victor comes along.
3. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
4. Discuss the confrontation between Rose and Theresa.
5. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
6. Katherine looks to Theresa as someone to whom she can confess. What does Katherine confess in the November after Theresa moves away from the Bronx?
7. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
8. Discuss how Theresa feels when she sees Tony waiting for her after school and why she feels that way.
9. Discuss the first time Theresa misses school.
10. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in literature. What foreshadowing was present in Looking for Mr. Goodbar? Was the foreshadowing diluted since the murder confession was actually the beginning of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the unusual structure of the novel Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How does it differ from a traditionally structured novel?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character description of Theresa. Was she the a major or minor character? Protagonist or antagonist? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)