|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa feel after her first sexual encounter with her Wednesday night date?
2. Who balks at the idea of marriage?
3. Who does Rose introduce Theresa to?
4. How does Theresa feel about her career choice?
5. Where does Katherine go to take care of her problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
2. Discuss what Theresa does in the bar when she sees Gary.
3. What decision does Katherine make in January that hurts Theresa deeply? What is the irony of it?
4. How does Theresa feel about finding Brooks with another woman and what is her retaliation?
5. Discuss Tony's background and family.
6. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
7. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
8. What begins to turn Theresa off about Gary and why doesn't she just ask him to leave her apartment then?
9. What is Theresa's concern about going to his mother's party with Tony? What does he tell her about her concern?
10. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different and what are there similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Theresa to her two sisters. Consider their personalities and physical characteristics.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)