|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Theresa's weeknight boyfriend?
2. In addition to moving, what other change does Theresa plan to make in the New Year?
3. Who does Rose introduce Theresa to?
4. Who is Theresa's Saturday date?
5. Who has cancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
2. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
3. Discuss the first continuing relationship that resulted from one of Theresa's bar pickups.
4. Discuss Ali's formula for happiness. How does this conflict with his former wife?
5. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
6. Discuss Theresa's Thanksgiving Day depression.
7. What begins to turn Theresa off about Gary and why doesn't she just ask him to leave her apartment then?
8. What is Theresa's relationship with Victor?
9. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
10. How does Theresa feel about finding Brooks with another woman and what is her retaliation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Theresa to her two sisters. Consider their personalities and physical characteristics.
Essay Topic 2
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Theresa's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the unusual structure of the novel Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How does it differ from a traditionally structured novel?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)