|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Theresa tell James when they arrive at her apartment on Christmas?
2. What does Katherine confide to Theresa the November after Theresa becomes a boarder in her house?
3. Where do Theresa and her Wednesday night date go?
4. How does Theresa get even with her ex-brother in law?
5. What changes Theresa's mind about her sister's former husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Theresa does in the bar when she sees Gary.
2. Discuss Theresa's Thanksgiving Day depression.
3. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
4. What is Theresa's concern about going to his mother's party with Tony? What does he tell her about her concern?
5. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
6. How does Theresa feel about finding Brooks with another woman and what is her retaliation?
7. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
8. Discuss the first continuing relationship that resulted from one of Theresa's bar pickups.
9. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
10. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in literature. What foreshadowing was present in Looking for Mr. Goodbar? Was the foreshadowing diluted since the murder confession was actually the beginning of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character description of Theresa. Was she the a major or minor character? Protagonist or antagonist? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)