|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa feel about her career choice?
2. Who gets thrown out of the party Theresa and her date attend?
3. Who stopped being friendly to Theresa after she spent time with Victor?
4. What does Theresa's Wednesday night date show her?
5. Who is a Vietnam vet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Theresa feel about finding Brooks with another woman and what is her retaliation?
2. Discuss the regular dating arrangement Theresa has developed until Victor comes along.
3. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
4. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
5. Discuss the confrontation between Rose and Theresa.
6. Discuss Tony's background and family.
7. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
8. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
9. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
10. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mental impact of Theresa's childhood physical illness on the decisions she made as an adult. How does her childhood illness affect her decisions regarding sex, marriage and family?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different and what are there similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How did the author present it? How did the rising action flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)