|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa get even with her ex-brother in law?
2. How does the person asked to leave Theresa's apartment when she is mad at Brooks act when asked to leave?
3. What is Theresa's new male friend's relationship with his children?
4. Why does Theresa go to Luther's?
5. To whom does Theresa sing a song?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
2. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
3. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
4. Discuss how Theresa feels when she sees Tony waiting for her after school and why she feels that way.
5. What decision does Katherine make in January that hurts Theresa deeply? What is the irony of it?
6. Discuss Tony's background and family.
7. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
8. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
9. Katherine looks to Theresa as someone to whom she can confess. What does Katherine confess in the November after Theresa moves away from the Bronx?
10. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character description of Theresa. Was she the a major or minor character? Protagonist or antagonist? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of sibling order to this novel. Give a brief overview of young, middle and oldest children in a family and compare to Theresa's family.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different and what are there similarities?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)