|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Theresa's final prayer?
2. Who is the new man Theresa befriends at the bar she and Katherine walk to?
3. Where does Katherine go to take care of her problem?
4. Which character doesn't like sick kids?
5. Who has a Wednesday night date with Theresa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
2. Discuss Theresa's Thanksgiving Day depression.
3. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
4. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
5. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
6. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
7. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
8. Discuss how Theresa feels when she sees Tony waiting for her after school and why she feels that way.
9. What begins to turn Theresa off about Gary and why doesn't she just ask him to leave her apartment then?
10. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail the author's inspiration for this novel. Talk about the real life situation that was the basis of the book. How was the author personally involved in the real life incident?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How did the author present it? How did the rising action flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)