|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James leave Theresa's apartment on Christmas Day?
2. What happens to Theresa at school on the Friday after her Wednesday night date?
3. Who is Theresa's weeknight boyfriend?
4. Who makes a comment about Theresa's gift that makes her feel trapped?
5. How does Theresa feel about her career choice?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of sibling order to this novel. Give a brief overview of young, middle and oldest children in a family and compare to Theresa's family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of loneliness as a motif throughout the novel. How does the author depict loneliness? How do we know Theresa or any of the other characters are lonely?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)