|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who balks at the idea of marriage?
2. When does Theresa fall asleep after her Wednesday night date?
3. Which man in Theresa's life had an affair with a Jesuit priest?
4. Why does James leave Theresa's apartment on Christmas Day?
5. In what career field does Victor work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How did the author present it? How did the rising action flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast James and Tony in the novel. Why did Theresa choose to date both?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the unusual structure of the novel Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How does it differ from a traditionally structured novel?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)