|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theresa's Wednesday night date show her?
2. Who is Katherine leaving her husband for?
3. Where does Katherine go to take care of her problem?
4. How does Theresa get even with her ex-brother in law?
5. Who does Theresa try to seduce at the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
2. Discuss Ali's formula for happiness. How does this conflict with his former wife?
3. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
4. Discuss what Theresa does in the bar when she sees Gary.
5. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
6. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
7. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
8. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
9. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
10. Discuss the first time Theresa misses school.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mental impact of Theresa's childhood physical illness on the decisions she made as an adult. How does her childhood illness affect her decisions regarding sex, marriage and family?
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in Looking for Mr. Goodbar? Select a different type of conflict and explain how the story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the era in which Looking for Mr. Goodbar is set. Why was this novel controversial for its time? What important social issues does it address?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)