|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who balks at the idea of marriage?
2. Who is Katherine leaving her husband for?
3. What news does Theresa shock James with when they reach her apartment after leaving Thanksgiving dinner?
4. How does Theresa feel about her career choice?
5. Where does Theresa go on New Year's Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Tony's background and family.
2. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
3. Discuss the first time Theresa misses school.
4. Katherine looks to Theresa as someone to whom she can confess. What does Katherine confess in the November after Theresa moves away from the Bronx?
5. How does Theresa feel about finding Brooks with another woman and what is her retaliation?
6. Discuss Ali's formula for happiness. How does this conflict with his former wife?
7. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
8. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
9. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
10. Discuss the confrontation between Rose and Theresa.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between major and minor characters in literature. Discuss Theresa as a major character and select two other characters to analyze as minor characters. How does Theresa fit the definition of major character? How do the minor characters fit the definition?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)