|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theresa change clothes when her Saturday date arrives?
2. What does Katherine confide to Theresa the November after Theresa becomes a boarder in her house?
3. Who is pitted against each other in the union strike?
4. What is the problem with Katherine's secret that she tells Theresa after she becomes a boarder in her house?
5. Who teases Theresa during a wedding reception that he wants to marry her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
2. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
3. Discuss how Theresa feels about her own career.
4. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
5. What decision does Katherine make in January that hurts Theresa deeply? What is the irony of it?
6. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
7. What begins to turn Theresa off about Gary and why doesn't she just ask him to leave her apartment then?
8. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
9. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
10. Discuss Tony's background and family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of sibling order to this novel. Give a brief overview of young, middle and oldest children in a family and compare to Theresa's family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail the author's inspiration for this novel. Talk about the real life situation that was the basis of the book. How was the author personally involved in the real life incident?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different and what are there similarities?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)