|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Theresa was difficult for her?
2. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
3. What makes Gary decide to hit Theresa with an object?
4. Who does Brigid marry?
5. How does the suspect get a job without being turned in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gary's reaction when police ask him about the contents of his jacket?
2. Discuss Theresa's relationship with Katherine as a child.
3. Why does Gary tell police he became so angry with Theresa? How does he react when he gets mad at her?
4. Discuss Gary's family life.
5. Discuss the important events that occur in Theresa's life when she is only nine years old.
6. Discuss the role Theresa's scar plays in her sexual relationship with Martin.
7. Discuss Theresa's thoughts the night before she moves away from home to begin college.
8. Explain Gary's relationship with George.
9. Discuss Gary's sleeping arrangements on the night he murders Theresa.
10. Describe Theresa's English professor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Theresa's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast James and Tony in the novel. Why did Theresa choose to date both?
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of Looking for Mr. Goodbar? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)