|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
2. What best describes the topic of Theresa's final English essay?
3. What do the police find in the suspect's belongings that made his reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
4. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
5. What is the first thing Gary does when he hears the doorbell ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Gary's family life.
2. Why does Gary tell police he became so angry with Theresa? How does he react when he gets mad at her?
3. Where is Gary from and why is he in New York?
4. What is Gary's reaction when police ask him about the contents of his jacket?
5. Explain Gary's relationship with George.
6. Discuss Theresa's thoughts the night before she moves away from home to begin college.
7. Discuss the essay Martin challenges Theresa to write and the one she actually submits as her final project.
8. Discuss Theresa's relationship with Katherine as a child.
9. Discuss the size of Theresa's family and the ages of her and her siblings.
10. What is Martin's wife's occupation and what disgusts Theresa about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Theresa to her two sisters. Consider their personalities and physical characteristics.
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of Looking for Mr. Goodbar? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)