|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
2. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
3. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
4. Why doesn't Theresa call police to get Gary to leave?
5. What is unique about the age of Theresa and her siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Gary's attraction to Theresa and why he was excited to be invited back to her apartment.
2. What is Martin's wife's occupation and what disgusts Theresa about it?
3. Discuss Theresa's childhood physical pain and how it came to be.
4. Discuss the size of Theresa's family and the ages of her and her siblings.
5. How does Theresa learn her relationship with Martin will end upon graduation and how does she react to the news?
6. Explain Gary's relationship with George.
7. Discuss the changes in Martin after summer break.
8. Discuss what Gary tells police about why he first notices Theresa in the bar.
9. What does Theresa threaten when Gary won't leave and how does he react?
10. Discuss why Katherine stops visiting Theresa when she is hospitalized for surgery.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Theresa's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Looking for Mr. Goodbar. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different and what are there similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character description of Theresa. Was she the a major or minor character? Protagonist or antagonist? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)