|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
2. Where does Theresa enroll in college?
3. What is the first thing Theresa teases Gary about?
4. How does Theresa explain her limp to Gary?
5. What is the medical condition of the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the role Theresa's scar plays in her sexual relationship with Martin.
2. What is Gary's reaction when police ask him about the contents of his jacket?
3. Why does Gary tell police he became so angry with Theresa? How does he react when he gets mad at her?
4. What is Martin's wife's occupation and what disgusts Theresa about it?
5. Discuss why Katherine stops visiting Theresa when she is hospitalized for surgery.
6. Discuss the confession that proves to Theresa that Katherine is not perfect.
7. Discuss Theresa's relationship with Katherine as a child.
8. Where is Gary when he confesses and what is his mindset regarding his murder of Theresa?
9. Discuss the important events that occur in Theresa's life when she is only nine years old.
10. What, other than a ride, does Gary pick up while hitchhiking. Why is it important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary theme of Looking for Mr. Goodbar? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast James and Tony in the novel. Why did Theresa choose to date both?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)