|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Theresa's new male friend say make him happy?
(a) Speed and orgies.
(b) Casual sex and marijuana.
(c) Football and beer.
(d) The monogamous relationship he has with his wife.
2. Where does Theresa go on New Year's Day?
(a) Mr. Goodbar.
(b) Home to visit her parents.
(d) James' house.
3. On Thanksgiving night, what does Theresa do before making love with James?
(a) Smokes a joint.
(b) Eats leftover pie.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Gets drunk at the corner bar.
4. Who is Theresa's weekend boyfriend?
5. What is Theresa's career choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man in Theresa's life had an affair with a Jesuit priest?
2. What does James decide two days before the New Year?
3. Who does Theresa ask to leave her apartment when she is angry with Brooks?
4. Where does Katherine go to take care of her problem?
5. Where do Theresa and her Wednesday night date go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins to turn Theresa off about Gary and why doesn't she just ask him to leave her apartment then?
2. Why does Theresa decide to leave the Bronx?
3. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
4. Discuss the first continuing relationship that resulted from one of Theresa's bar pickups.
5. How does Theresa deal with James teasing that he wants to marry her?
6. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
7. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
8. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
9. Katherine looks to Theresa as someone to whom she can confess. What does Katherine confess in the November after Theresa moves away from the Bronx?
10. Discuss why and how Theresa tries to end her relationship with James at Christmas.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)