|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does James give Theresa for Christmas?
(a) A diamond solitaire.
(b) A gold band with a special engraving.
(c) A ruby ring.
(d) An emerald ring.
2. Who stopped being friendly to Theresa after she spent time with Victor?
3. Who does Theresa meet at Luther's?
4. Where does Theresa work for nearly two years after graduating college?
(a) On Coney Island.
(b) In the Bronx.
(c) In Manhattan.
(d) On Fire Island.
5. What repulses Theresa about Gary?
(a) He arrived with a gay man.
(b) He has soiled her favorite blanket.
(c) His greasy hair.
(d) His horrible breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theresa invite over for dinner after talking with Rose?
2. Who is Rose?
3. Who is Katherine leaving her husband for?
4. What lie does Theresa tell James when they arrive at her apartment on Christmas?
5. What makes James different from Victor, Tony, and Gary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
2. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
3. Discuss why Theresa asks Gary to leave her apartment.
4. Discuss the first time James and Theresa make love.
5. After the incident at the party, what happens that convinces Theresa it is the last time she will see Tony?
6. What is Theresa's concern about going to his mother's party with Tony? What does he tell her about her concern?
7. How does Theresa feel about finding Brooks with another woman and what is her retaliation?
8. Discuss the first time Theresa misses school.
9. What decision does Katherine make in January that hurts Theresa deeply? What is the irony of it?
10. Discuss the regular dating arrangement Theresa has developed until Victor comes along.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)