|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Theresa's final prayer?
(a) That Gary would leave.
(b) That she have a second chance.
(c) That her death would be quick.
(d) That someone would save her.
2. Why does Theresa ask the person to leave her apartment, on the night she is angry with Brooks?
(a) She is repulsed by him.
(b) She doesn't like him.
(c) He is a stranger.
(d) He rejected her.
3. Who is the new man Theresa befriends at the bar she and Katherine walk to?
4. What does Theresa reach for after asking Gary to leave at the end of the book?
(a) The phone.
(b) The light switch.
(c) Her gun.
(d) The knife he left there.
5. Who stopped being friendly to Theresa after she spent time with Victor?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Theresa decide to move from Brooks' house?
2. When does Katherine take care of her problem?
3. Where does Theresa go on New Year's Day?
4. What does Theresa's Wednesday night date show her?
5. What makes James different from Victor, Tony, and Gary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Theresa's feelings about marriage.
2. Discuss the confrontation between Rose and Theresa.
3. Discuss James' sexual experiences when he first meets Theresa.
4. Discuss what happens at his mother's party that changes Theresa's relationship with Tony.
5. Discuss the use of marijuana in Theresa's life when she lives in Manhattan.
6. Discuss how the Thanksgiving break changes Katherine.
7. Discuss what Theresa does in the bar when she sees Gary.
8. Discuss Theresa's thoughts on getting her life back together.
9. What is Theresa's concern about going to his mother's party with Tony? What does he tell her about her concern?
10. What begins to turn Theresa off about Gary and why doesn't she just ask him to leave her apartment then?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)