|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
(a) Stab her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Have sex with her again.
2. Which sister confronts the other about their lack of love?
3. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
(a) "The Fan Club."
(b) "The Jerk Professor."
(c) "What I Learned in English."
(d) "The Little Engine that Coudn't."
4. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It gives her two days off.
(b) It ends the lunch dates.
(c) It gives her three days off.
(d) It gives her longer lunches.
5. What makes Gary decide to hit Theresa with an object?
(a) She asks him to do so.
(b) She pushed the pillow off her face and started screaming again.
(c) She stabbed him with his own knife.
(d) She bit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Theresa's oldest sister get after her annulment?
2. Why doesn't Gary just leave like Theresa asked?
3. Why doesn't anyone notice Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
4. What was the cause of Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
5. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gary's reaction when police ask him about the contents of his jacket?
2. Why does Gary tell police he became so angry with Theresa? How does he react when he gets mad at her?
3. What does Theresa threaten when Gary won't leave and how does he react?
4. Discuss the confession that proves to Theresa that Katherine is not perfect.
5. Discuss Gary's family life.
6. Explain Gary's relationship with George.
7. Why does Gary tell police he wanted Theresa to shut up?
8. Compare Theresa and Brigid's childhood characteristics.
9. Discuss how Gary is teased by George and Theresa in "The Confession."
10. Discuss the essay Martin challenges Theresa to write and the one she actually submits as her final project.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)