|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It ends the lunch dates.
(b) It gives her longer lunches.
(c) It gives her three days off.
(d) It gives her two days off.
2. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
3. What is the medical condition of the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has polio.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She has migraines.
4. Why does Gary take Theresa up on her invitation to go to her apartment?
(a) He is very attracted to her.
(b) He wants to look at her collection of books.
(c) It's a chance to get away from George and get a good night's sleep.
(d) He really wants to be alone with her.
5. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
(a) Her beautiful hair.
(b) She is reading a book in the bar.
(c) She is wearing an ugly dress.
(d) Her smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa's scar make her feel?
2. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
3. What is happening when Gary awakens?
4. Why doesn't Theresa call police to get Gary to leave?
5. What is the purpose for Theresa's appointment to see her college professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the important events that occur in Theresa's life when she is only nine years old.
2. Why does Gary tell police he wanted Theresa to shut up?
3. Compare Theresa and Brigid's childhood characteristics.
4. Discuss Gary's sleeping arrangements on the night he murders Theresa.
5. What does Theresa threaten when Gary won't leave and how does he react?
6. What helps Theresa out of her post-college graduation depression and why?
7. Discuss how Gary is teased by George and Theresa in "The Confession."
8. Discuss Gary's attraction to Theresa and why he was excited to be invited back to her apartment.
9. What is Gary's reaction when police ask him about the contents of his jacket?
10. Discuss the changes in Martin after summer break.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)