|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the suspect pay his new friend for his new living arrangements?
(a) With sexual favors.
(b) By doing all the housework.
(c) By painting portraits.
(d) By begging on the subway.
2. How do police know the suspect is guilty?
(a) They matched him to fingerprints on the door.
(b) They have DNA evidence.
(c) They saw him leave the scene.
(d) He confesses.
3. What does Gary do when he hears the doorbell while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) Pretends he is Theresa and says he's fine.
(b) Hides in the closet.
(c) Jumps out the window.
(d) Stabs Theresa just to make sure she's dead.
4. Why does Gary put a pillow on Theresa's face?
(a) For the thrill.
(b) Because she's not attractive to him.
(c) Because she bit him.
(d) She asks him to do so.
5. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police find in the suspect's belongings that made his reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
2. Why does the suspect have no where to stay once he gets to New York?
3. How many children are in Theresa's family?
4. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
5. Why doesn't Theresa call police to get Gary to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the important events that occur in Theresa's life when she is only nine years old.
2. What, other than a ride, does Gary pick up while hitchhiking. Why is it important?
3. Where is Gary from and why is he in New York?
4. Discuss what Gary tells police about why he first notices Theresa in the bar.
5. Discuss Gary's sleeping arrangements on the night he murders Theresa.
6. Describe Theresa's English professor.
7. How does Theresa learn her relationship with Martin will end upon graduation and how does she react to the news?
8. Discuss the role Theresa's scar plays in her sexual relationship with Martin.
9. Why does Gary tell police he wanted Theresa to shut up?
10. What helps Theresa out of her post-college graduation depression and why?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)