|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
(a) It's against her religion.
(b) Her family doesn't approve of the baby's father.
(c) She miscarried becuase of use of illegal drugs.
(d) She wouldn't let her own parents adopt the baby.
2. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
(a) Fire Island.
(c) New York.
3. What was Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(b) Chicken Pox.
(c) Chronic Acne.
4. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(b) No one - he steals it.
5. What is unique about the age of Theresa and her siblings?
(a) Their ages make it seem like two separate families.
(b) They never fight or argue.
(c) They all had surgery.
(d) They all have a limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
2. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
3. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
4. Why does Gary take Theresa up on her invitation to go to her apartment?
5. Why does the suspect have no where to stay once he gets to New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Gary when he confesses and what is his mindset regarding his murder of Theresa?
2. How does Theresa learn her relationship with Martin will end upon graduation and how does she react to the news?
3. What does Theresa threaten when Gary won't leave and how does he react?
4. Discuss how Gary is teased by George and Theresa in "The Confession."
5. What, other than a ride, does Gary pick up while hitchhiking. Why is it important?
6. Discuss the essay Martin challenges Theresa to write and the one she actually submits as her final project.
7. Why does Gary tell police he wanted Theresa to shut up?
8. Discuss what Ohio police find in Gary's jacket and the significance of it.
9. Discuss Theresa's childhood physical pain and how it came to be.
10. Where is Gary from and why is he in New York?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)