|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theresa change clothes when her Saturday date arrives?
(a) She was underdressed for the occasion.
(b) She was overdressed for the occasion.
(c) She wasn't comfortable.
(d) He spilled wine on her blouse.
2. What happens to Theresa at school on the Friday after her Wednesday night date?
(a) Parent-teacher conferences are held.
(b) There is a potluck in her honor.
(c) Other teachers tease her about missing work.
(d) She is reprimanded for missing work.
3. How does Theresa spend her time the week after Christmas?
(a) Reading The Godfather.
(b) Thinking about the people she's let down.
(c) Buying outfits to wear on New Year's Eve.
4. Where does Theresa go on New Year's Day?
(a) James' house.
(b) Home to visit her parents.
(d) Mr. Goodbar.
5. What else do Theresa and her family and visitor enjoy along with their snacks?
(a) Pot and whiskey.
(b) Sodas and vodka.
(c) Wine and marijuana.
(d) Beer and hot dogs.
6. Who makes a comment about Theresa's gift that makes her feel trapped?
7. Where are Theresa and James scheduled to go after Thanksgiving dinner and why?
(a) To a bar to celebrate their engagement.
(b) Window shopping to look for engagement rings.
(c) To Katherine's for a party.
(d) To Patricia's for drinks.
8. What does Theresa's Wednesday night date show her?
(a) His military ID card.
(b) His switchblade.
(c) His drivers license.
(d) His war scar.
9. What news does Theresa shock James with when they reach her apartment after leaving Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) She doesn't even like him as a friend.
(b) She has slept with other men.
(c) She is using him for his money.
(d) She is not in love with him.
10. What changes Theresa's mind about her sister's former husband?
(a) He flirts with her.
(b) She finds him with another woman.
(c) She learns that he is homosexual.
(d) She learns that he is a drug dealer.
11. Who does Theresa invite over for dinner after talking with Rose?
12. What does James do to offend Theresa when they begin to make love?
(a) He turns off the light.
(b) He wears a condom.
(c) He puts a pillow over her face.
(d) He asks her to leave her clothes on.
13. Which man in Theresa's life had an affair with a Jesuit priest?
14. Where does Katherine go to take care of her problem?
(b) Puerto Rico.
15. What gift does James give Theresa for Christmas?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) A gold band with a special engraving.
(c) A diamond solitaire.
(d) An emerald ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katherine plan to solve her problem?
2. Who has surgery to remove a tumor?
3. Who does Theresa ask to leave her apartment when she is angry with Brooks?
4. What does Katherine confide to Theresa the November after Theresa becomes a boarder in her house?
5. Who balks at the idea of marriage?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)