|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theresa's new male friend's relationship with his children?
(a) He has sole custody.
(b) He doesn't have any children.
(c) He has joint custody.
(d) He isn't allowed to see them.
2. Who asks Theresa to marry him?
3. What makes James different from Victor, Tony, and Gary?
(a) He is over six feet tall.
(b) He is a virgin.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He has blond hair.
4. What does Theresa reach for after asking Gary to leave at the end of the book?
(a) The phone.
(b) The knife he left there.
(c) Her gun.
(d) The light switch.
5. Where does Katherine take Theresa when they walk to talk about Katherine's new plans?
(a) A bar called Charlie's.
(b) A bar called Corner's.
(c) A bar called Hole in the Wall.
(d) A bar called Mr. Goodbar's.
6. What does Theresa serve the guest that Katherine's husband brings home?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Crackers and cookies.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
(d) Peanut butter and crackers.
7. How does Katherine plan to solve her problem?
(a) By leaving the country for a while.
(b) By checking into rehab.
(c) By having another abortion.
(d) By running away with the other man.
8. What two things does Theresa's new male friend say make him happy?
(a) The monogamous relationship he has with his wife.
(b) Football and beer.
(c) Speed and orgies.
(d) Casual sex and marijuana.
9. What is the problem with Katherine's secret that she tells Theresa after she becomes a boarder in her house?
(a) She doesn't know who the father is.
(b) She is in love with another man.
(c) Her husband is selling drugs.
(d) Her husband doesn't know about her addiction.
10. Who calls Theresa after she gets home from talking with Tony?
11. Who does Theresa ask to leave her apartment when she is angry with Brooks?
(c) The stranger.
12. Why does Theresa ask the person to leave her apartment, on the night she is angry with Brooks?
(a) She doesn't like him.
(b) She is repulsed by him.
(c) He is a stranger.
(d) He rejected her.
13. Who stopped being friendly to Theresa after she spent time with Victor?
14. Which character doesn't like sick kids?
15. What else do Theresa and her family and visitor enjoy along with their snacks?
(a) Pot and whiskey.
(b) Beer and hot dogs.
(c) Sodas and vodka.
(d) Wine and marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa react when one of her boyfriends suggests he is in love with her?
2. What was Theresa's final prayer?
3. To whom does Theresa sing a song?
4. Who is Theresa's weeknight boyfriend?
5. What is Theresa's career choice?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)