|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James do to offend Theresa when they begin to make love?
(a) He wears a condom.
(b) He puts a pillow over her face.
(c) He asks her to leave her clothes on.
(d) He turns off the light.
2. Which character doesn't like sick kids?
3. Who gets thrown out of the party Theresa and her date attend?
4. Who has cancer?
(a) Rose's husband.
(b) James' mother.
(c) Theresa's father.
5. Where does Katherine take Theresa when they walk to talk about Katherine's new plans?
(a) A bar called Charlie's.
(b) A bar called Corner's.
(c) A bar called Hole in the Wall.
(d) A bar called Mr. Goodbar's.
6. When none of the new men in her life call, to what does Theresa turn her attention?
(a) To food.
(b) To work.
(c) To Brooks' heartbreak.
(d) To self pity.
7. Who stopped being friendly to Theresa after she spent time with Victor?
8. Why does James leave Theresa's apartment on Christmas Day?
(a) To think about things for a while.
(b) To return her gift.
(c) To go ask his mother what to do.
(d) To go meet another woman.
9. How does Theresa react to being teased about marriage at the wedding reception?
(a) She is happy and begins to cry.
(b) She sticks another meatball in her mouth.
(c) She is honest with the man and says she does not want to marry him.
(d) She gets upset and runs outside.
10. Where does Theresa work for nearly two years after graduating college?
(a) In Manhattan.
(b) On Fire Island.
(c) In the Bronx.
(d) On Coney Island.
11. What does Theresa reach for after asking Gary to leave at the end of the book?
(a) The light switch.
(b) The knife he left there.
(c) Her gun.
(d) The phone.
12. How does the person asked to leave Theresa's apartment when she is mad at Brooks act when asked to leave?
(a) Not happy about it, but he does.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is too drunk to hear her.
(d) He refuses.
13. In what career field does Victor work?
(a) Drug dealer.
(b) Retail management.
14. What gift does James give Theresa for Christmas?
(a) A diamond solitaire.
(b) An emerald ring.
(c) A gold band with a special engraving.
(d) A ruby ring.
15. What happens to Theresa at school on the Friday after her Wednesday night date?
(a) Parent-teacher conferences are held.
(b) Other teachers tease her about missing work.
(c) There is a potluck in her honor.
(d) She is reprimanded for missing work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Theresa awaken after her Wednesday night date?
2. Who is Theresa's weekend boyfriend?
3. Who has a Wednesday night date with Theresa?
4. Which of Theresa's boyfriends is taking care of his mother?
5. With whom do Theresa and James share Thanksgiving dinner?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)