|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
2. What is the first thing Theresa teases Gary about?
(a) Whether or not he is married.
(b) His southern accent.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His jacket.
3. What does Gary do when he hears the doorbell while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) Jumps out the window.
(b) Pretends he is Theresa and says he's fine.
(c) Hides in the closet.
(d) Stabs Theresa just to make sure she's dead.
4. What surprises Gary when he wakes up in Theresa's apartment?
(a) He is back in George's house.
(b) He is inside Theresa.
(c) He is in the alley.
(d) He is back in the bar.
5. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
(a) Her fiance's brother.
(b) Her fiance's young cousin.
(c) A one-night stand.
(d) Her fiance.
6. Who plays a large role in where Theresa will attend college?
7. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
(a) He doesn't know how he got there.
(b) He was alone when he awoke.
(c) He thinks he must have been trying to keep her warm.
(d) He has no idea why they want to question him.
8. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(d) No one - he steals it.
9. What does the professor talk Theresa into trying?
10. How does Theresa explain her limp to Gary?
(a) It remains from her polio.
(b) It's an ingrown toenail.
(c) She stumbled and her ankle is swollen.
(d) It's just a habit she has.
11. Why does Theresa accept the new job?
(a) To be closer to the professor.
(b) For the money.
(c) To get a good reference.
(d) Because she is bored.
12. Why doesn't Theresa call police to get Gary to leave?
(a) She doesn't really want him to leave.
(b) He ripped the phone out of the wall.
(c) She can't find it.
(d) He threw it out the window.
13. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
14. How long is Theresa's hospital stay when she has surgery?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
15. Why does Theresa first ask Gary to leave her apartment?
(a) She wants him to leave.
(b) She is alarmed because he is angry and won't let her leave.
(c) She says she is tired.
(d) All the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the suspect leave his home in "About the Confession?"
2. Which sibling is closest to Theresa in age?
3. What job does the English professor's wife have?
4. When does the English professor first invite Theresa to have coffee with him?
5. Who is Katherine's second husband?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)