|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Theresa's first English assignment?
(a) To write a fictional short story.
(b) To write her biography.
(c) To write a sonnet.
(d) To write a true-life experience.
2. Why does the suspect have no where to stay once he gets to New York?
(a) His relative died.
(b) The Broadway hotels are booked.
(c) The friend has moved.
(d) He can't find work as an actor.
3. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(b) No one - he steals it.
4. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
(a) Eats then falls asleep in a chair.
(c) Crawls into bed beside the dead woman.
(d) Falls asleep in a chair.
5. What does Gary do when he hears the doorbell while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) Pretends he is Theresa and says he's fine.
(b) Stabs Theresa just to make sure she's dead.
(c) Jumps out the window.
(d) Hides in the closet.
6. Who is Katherine's second husband?
(a) A former Catholic priest.
(b) A Jewish doctor.
(c) A Hindu doctor.
(d) A Rabbi.
7. Who is Theresa's college English professor?
(a) Dr. Martin.
(b) Martin Lawrence.
(c) Dr. Brooks Martin.
(d) Martin Engle.
8. What was Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(c) Chronic Acne.
9. Where do police find the property that made the suspect's reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Inside the bill of his cap.
(b) Rolled up into the hem of his jeans.
(c) Tucked in his shoe.
(d) Sewn into the lining of his jacket.
10. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
(a) An unnamed man.
(b) An unnamed woman.
11. Why is Theresa uncomfortable around her older sister?
(a) Becvause she detests her way of life.
(b) Because she doesn't like or admire her.
(c) Because she doesn't approve of her.
(d) Because of her sister's beauty and charm.
12. Where does Theresa enroll in college?
(a) City College.
(b) City Tech.
(c) NYC College.
(d) City Community College.
13. How does the suspect pay his new friend for his new living arrangements?
(a) By begging on the subway.
(b) By doing all the housework.
(c) With sexual favors.
(d) By painting portraits.
14. What are Theresa's job duties in her new workplace?
(a) Cleaning bathrooms.
(b) Changing sheets and washing dishes.
(c) Grading papers.
(d) Cleaning the doctor's office.
15. What is the crime for which the suspect arrested?
(a) Identity theft.
(b) Negligent homocide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
2. How does the English professor react to Theresa's first two assignments?
3. What explanation does the suspect give for the confusing property found by police?
4. To which state was the arrested person extradited in "About the Confession?"
5. What best describes the topic of Theresa's final English essay?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)