|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do police find the property that made the suspect's reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Sewn into the lining of his jacket.
(b) Tucked in his shoe.
(c) Rolled up into the hem of his jeans.
(d) Inside the bill of his cap.
2. What does the professor talk Theresa into trying?
3. What are Theresa's job duties in her new workplace?
(a) Cleaning the doctor's office.
(b) Changing sheets and washing dishes.
(c) Grading papers.
(d) Cleaning bathrooms.
4. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
(a) Her smile.
(b) She is reading a book in the bar.
(c) Her beautiful hair.
(d) She is wearing an ugly dress.
5. How many children are in Theresa's family?
6. What was Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(d) Chronic Acne.
7. What is happening when Gary awakens?
(a) He is in the middle of an orgasm.
(b) Theresa takes her last breath.
(c) Theresa tries to smother him.
(d) George is beating him.
8. Which professor does Theresa have an appointment to see?
(a) Dr. Martin.
(b) Dr. Brooks Martin.
(c) Martin Lawrence.
(d) Martin Engle.
9. What does Theresa do when the professor asks to see her scar?
(a) She lifts her dress to show him.
(b) She begins to cry and leaves the room.
(c) She screams that she is not a sideshow freak.
(d) She takes her dress off.
10. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
(a) He gets drunk and takes off his clothes in Times Square.
(b) He is rejected by his roommate.
(c) He is not allowed to attend his roommate's party.
(d) He is forced to wear a dress to a party.
11. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
(a) "What I Learned in English."
(b) "The Little Engine that Coudn't."
(c) "The Fan Club."
(d) "The Jerk Professor."
12. What ailments does Theresa begin to experience near the end of the second semester?
(a) Dizziness and headaches.
(b) Back and head aches.
(c) Back and pelvic pains.
(d) Headaches and vomiting.
13. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
(a) Working in the English department.
(b) Working in the library.
(c) Working for Martin.
(d) As a housekeeper.
14. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
(a) He doesn't know how he got there.
(b) He was alone when he awoke.
(c) He has no idea why they want to question him.
(d) He thinks he must have been trying to keep her warm.
15. When does the English professor first invite Theresa to have coffee with him?
(a) After the last class.
(b) During the Christmas holidays.
(c) Before her final exam.
(d) At the end of her second semester.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
2. How does the English professor react when Theresa tells him about her pain?
3. Why doesn't Gary just leave like Theresa asked?
4. Why does Gary try to gag Theresa?
5. Why does Theresa first ask Gary to leave her apartment?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)