|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies when Theresa is only 9?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
(a) He was alone when he awoke.
(b) He doesn't know how he got there.
(c) He thinks he must have been trying to keep her warm.
(d) He has no idea why they want to question him.
3. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(a) No one - he steals it.
4. Why doesn't Gary just leave like Theresa asked?
(a) He's afraid she'll turn him in to the police.
(b) He told her too much about her past.
(c) He wants a good night's sleep.
(d) He has no where to go.
5. Why does Theresa accept the new job?
(a) For the money.
(b) To be closer to the professor.
(c) To get a good reference.
(d) Because she is bored.
6. Why does Gary take Theresa up on her invitation to go to her apartment?
(a) He is very attracted to her.
(b) It's a chance to get away from George and get a good night's sleep.
(c) He wants to look at her collection of books.
(d) He really wants to be alone with her.
7. How does Theresa's scar make her feel?
(a) Different and disfigured.
(b) Like a "bad girl."
(c) Aggressive with an edge.
8. What surprises Gary when he wakes up in Theresa's apartment?
(a) He is back in George's house.
(b) He is in the alley.
(c) He is back in the bar.
(d) He is inside Theresa.
9. Who is Katherine's second husband?
(a) A Jewish doctor.
(b) A former Catholic priest.
(c) A Hindu doctor.
(d) A Rabbi.
10. Where does the suspect meet his new roommate?
(a) In front of a theater.
(b) In a gay bar.
(c) Another friend introduces them.
(d) At a museum.
11. How does the English professor react to Theresa's first two assignments?
(a) He disliked them.
(b) He flunked her for spelling errors.
(c) He liked them.
(d) He said they are too juvenile.
12. How does the English professor react when Theresa tells him about her pain?
(a) He seems to be more gentle toward her.
(b) He blows it off.
(c) He tells her to see the school nurse.
(d) He takes her to see his wife for treatment.
13. What explanation does the suspect give for the confusing property found by police?
(a) He'd been investing for a while but didn't believe in banks.
(b) He hoped to cash the poker chips in at a casino.
(c) It was money to send to his wife.
(d) He has no idea how those credit cards got there.
14. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
(a) He is rejected by his roommate.
(b) He is not allowed to attend his roommate's party.
(c) He is forced to wear a dress to a party.
(d) He gets drunk and takes off his clothes in Times Square.
15. What is happening when Gary awakens?
(a) Theresa takes her last breath.
(b) Theresa tries to smother him.
(c) He is in the middle of an orgasm.
(d) George is beating him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the suspect have no where to stay once he gets to New York?
2. Why does Theresa first ask Gary to leave her apartment?
3. Why does Gary put a pillow on Theresa's face?
4. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
5. What are Theresa's job duties in her new workplace?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)