|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katherine's second husband?
(a) A Hindu doctor.
(b) A former Catholic priest.
(c) A Jewish doctor.
(d) A Rabbi.
2. What job does Theresa's oldest sister get after her annulment?
(a) Airline attendant.
3. Why does the suspect leave his home in "About the Confession?"
(a) Because he's a free spirit.
(b) Because he loves to travel.
(c) To avoid being served a warrant by police.
(d) To get away from his wife.
4. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
(a) "The Jerk Professor."
(b) "The Fan Club."
(c) "The Little Engine that Coudn't."
(d) "What I Learned in English."
5. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
(a) She is wearing an ugly dress.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her beautiful hair.
(d) She is reading a book in the bar.
6. How does the English professor react to Theresa's first two assignments?
(a) He flunked her for spelling errors.
(b) He liked them.
(c) He said they are too juvenile.
(d) He disliked them.
7. How do police know the suspect is guilty?
(a) He confesses.
(b) They saw him leave the scene.
(c) They matched him to fingerprints on the door.
(d) They have DNA evidence.
8. Who is killed in Looking for Mr. Goodbar?
9. What happens right after the professor sees Theresa's scar?
(a) He calls for a nurse.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He calls his wife to ask what to do.
(d) They are intimate.
10. What is unique about the age of Theresa and her siblings?
(a) Their ages make it seem like two separate families.
(b) They never fight or argue.
(c) They all have a limp.
(d) They all had surgery.
11. What does the professor talk Theresa into trying?
12. What does Gary do when he hears the doorbell while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) Pretends he is Theresa and says he's fine.
(b) Hides in the closet.
(c) Jumps out the window.
(d) Stabs Theresa just to make sure she's dead.
13. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
(a) New York.
(b) Fire Island.
14. What does Theresa learn about Katherine's confidence?
(a) That Katherine is a force to be reckoned with.
(b) That Katherine need mood altering medication.
(c) That Katherine also has self doubts.
(d) That Katherine has solid morals.
15. How many children are in Theresa's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the topic of Theresa's final English essay?
2. What explanation does the suspect give for the confusing property found by police?
3. Who dies when Theresa is only 9?
4. When does the English professor encourage Theresa to schedule her next set of classes?
5. Why does Theresa first ask Gary to leave her apartment?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)