|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do police find the property that made the suspect's reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Sewn into the lining of his jacket.
(b) Rolled up into the hem of his jeans.
(c) Inside the bill of his cap.
(d) Tucked in his shoe.
2. Why doesn't anyone notice Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) Her parents ignored her complaints.
(b) She had no symptoms.
(c) They were grieving and didn't notice her.
(d) She kept it hidden.
3. How old is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
4. Who is Theresa's college English professor?
(a) Martin Lawrence.
(b) Dr. Brooks Martin.
(c) Dr. Martin.
(d) Martin Engle.
5. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
6. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
(a) Her fiance's brother.
(b) A one-night stand.
(c) Her fiance's young cousin.
(d) Her fiance.
7. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(a) No one - he steals it.
8. How do police know the suspect is guilty?
(a) He confesses.
(b) They have DNA evidence.
(c) They matched him to fingerprints on the door.
(d) They saw him leave the scene.
9. What does Theresa do when the professor asks to see her scar?
(a) She lifts her dress to show him.
(b) She begins to cry and leaves the room.
(c) She screams that she is not a sideshow freak.
(d) She takes her dress off.
10. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It gives her longer lunches.
(b) It gives her two days off.
(c) It gives her three days off.
(d) It ends the lunch dates.
11. What is the first thing Gary does when he hears the doorbell ring?
(b) Pretend to be Theresa.
12. What does Gary tell Theresa that seems to attract her?
(a) That he is married.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he has been in jail.
(d) That he is gay.
13. Why doesn't Theresa call police to get Gary to leave?
(a) He ripped the phone out of the wall.
(b) He threw it out the window.
(c) She doesn't really want him to leave.
(d) She can't find it.
14. What explanation does the suspect give for the confusing property found by police?
(a) He has no idea how those credit cards got there.
(b) It was money to send to his wife.
(c) He hoped to cash the poker chips in at a casino.
(d) He'd been investing for a while but didn't believe in banks.
15. What is the medical condition of the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
(a) She has polio.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She has migraines.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Theresa's hospital stay when she has surgery?
2. Why is Theresa uncomfortable around her older sister?
3. Where does Theresa enroll in college?
4. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
5. Why does Theresa first ask Gary to leave her apartment?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)