|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) In the front of their apartment.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(d) In a clinic.
2. What happens when Katherine becomes pregnant?
(a) She gives the baby to its father.
(b) She has a miscarriage.
(c) She gets an abortion.
(d) She gives the baby up for adoption.
3. Who is Katherine's second husband?
(a) A former Catholic priest.
(b) A Hindu doctor.
(c) A Rabbi.
(d) A Jewish doctor.
4. How does the suspect pay his new friend for his new living arrangements?
(a) By begging on the subway.
(b) By painting portraits.
(c) By doing all the housework.
(d) With sexual favors.
5. How does the professor react to Theresa's scar?
(a) He tells her to keep it covered.
(b) He makes a funny face.
(c) He kisses it.
(d) He tells her it's not so bad.
6. What are Theresa's job duties in her new workplace?
(a) Cleaning the doctor's office.
(b) Grading papers.
(c) Changing sheets and washing dishes.
(d) Cleaning bathrooms.
7. How does the English professor react when Theresa tells him about her pain?
(a) He seems to be more gentle toward her.
(b) He tells her to see the school nurse.
(c) He blows it off.
(d) He takes her to see his wife for treatment.
8. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
(a) Fire Island.
(d) New York.
9. Why is Theresa uncomfortable around her older sister?
(a) Because she doesn't approve of her.
(b) Because of her sister's beauty and charm.
(c) Because she doesn't like or admire her.
(d) Becvause she detests her way of life.
10. How does the professor change over the summer?
(a) He asks to teach more classes at the college.
(b) He says he hates his wife.
(c) He loses interest in teaching and starts smoking marijuana.
(d) He becomes rude to Theresa and doesn't want her around.
11. Why does Gary try to gag Theresa?
(a) She asks him to do so.
(b) He was tired of her talking.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) To keep her from screaming so much.
12. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
(a) Her family doesn't approve of the baby's father.
(b) She miscarried becuase of use of illegal drugs.
(c) It's against her religion.
(d) She wouldn't let her own parents adopt the baby.
13. What does the professor talk Theresa into trying?
14. Which sibling is closest to Theresa in age?
15. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
(a) He is rejected by his roommate.
(b) He is not allowed to attend his roommate's party.
(c) He is forced to wear a dress to a party.
(d) He gets drunk and takes off his clothes in Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa's scar make her feel?
2. What is the crime for which the suspect arrested?
3. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
4. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
5. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)