|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right after the professor sees Theresa's scar?
(a) He calls his wife to ask what to do.
(b) He calls for a nurse.
(c) They are intimate.
(d) He leaves the room.
2. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
(a) As a housekeeper.
(b) Working in the library.
(c) Working for Martin.
(d) Working in the English department.
3. How many children are in Theresa's family?
4. How does the professor change over the summer?
(a) He asks to teach more classes at the college.
(b) He says he hates his wife.
(c) He loses interest in teaching and starts smoking marijuana.
(d) He becomes rude to Theresa and doesn't want her around.
5. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(b) No one - he steals it.
6. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) In the front of their apartment.
(d) In a clinic.
7. Who is killed in Looking for Mr. Goodbar?
8. What does Theresa tease Gary about going back to the bar to find?
(b) A man who is a little more straight than he is.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
9. What does the professor talk Theresa into trying?
10. Which sibling is closest to Theresa in age?
11. How do police know the suspect is guilty?
(a) He confesses.
(b) They matched him to fingerprints on the door.
(c) They have DNA evidence.
(d) They saw him leave the scene.
12. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It gives her two days off.
(b) It gives her three days off.
(c) It gives her longer lunches.
(d) It ends the lunch dates.
13. What is the first thing Gary does when he hears the doorbell ring?
(d) Pretend to be Theresa.
14. Where was the character arrested in "About the Confession?"
(c) Fire Island.
(d) New York.
15. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
(a) "The Fan Club."
(b) "What I Learned in English."
(c) "The Little Engine that Coudn't."
(d) "The Jerk Professor."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone notice Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
2. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
3. What was the suspect's defense when asked why he didn't simply leave the roommate arrangement he had in New York?
4. Who plays a large role in where Theresa will attend college?
5. Where does Theresa fall in the order of her siblings?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)