|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crime for which the suspect arrested?
(b) Identity theft.
(d) Negligent homocide.
2. Who dies when Theresa is only 9?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
3. Why does Gary get so tired while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) From the repeated stabbing.
(b) From fighting with her.
(c) From all the sex.
(d) From pleading with her not to call police.
4. How does Theresa's scar make her feel?
(b) Like a "bad girl."
(c) Different and disfigured.
(d) Aggressive with an edge.
5. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It gives her longer lunches.
(b) It ends the lunch dates.
(c) It gives her two days off.
(d) It gives her three days off.
6. Who does Brigid marry?
(a) Katherine's ex fiance.
(b) A guy she just met.
(c) Her high school boyfriend.
(d) Katherine's exhusband.
7. How long is Theresa's hospital stay when she has surgery?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 day.
8. What is unique about the age of Theresa and her siblings?
(a) They never fight or argue.
(b) They all had surgery.
(c) Their ages make it seem like two separate families.
(d) They all have a limp.
9. What does Theresa do when the professor asks to see her scar?
(a) She screams that she is not a sideshow freak.
(b) She lifts her dress to show him.
(c) She takes her dress off.
(d) She begins to cry and leaves the room.
10. Who stops visiting Theresa in the hospital?
(a) Her grandmother.
11. What topic does the English professor challenge Theresa to write about for her last assignment?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Losing her virginity.
(c) Taking her driver's test.
(d) Getting drunk.
12. How does the suspect pay his new friend for his new living arrangements?
(a) By painting portraits.
(b) With sexual favors.
(c) By doing all the housework.
(d) By begging on the subway.
13. As far as the suspect is concerned, who is the real victim in "About the Confession?"
(a) Society is.
(b) His roommate.
(c) The police officer.
(d) He is.
14. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
(a) The roommate brings another man into the bedroom.
(b) The roommate learns about the suspect's criminal background.
(c) The roommate begins to feel used.
(d) The roommate sees the suspect stealing something.
15. What happens when Katherine becomes pregnant?
(a) She gets an abortion.
(b) She gives the baby up for adoption.
(c) She gives the baby to its father.
(d) She has a miscarriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
2. Who is the father of Katherine's first child?
3. Why does Gary take Theresa up on her invitation to go to her apartment?
4. What makes Gary decide to hit Theresa with an object?
5. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)