|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
(b) Stab her.
(c) Have sex with her again.
(d) Hit her.
2. How do police know the suspect is guilty?
(a) He confesses.
(b) They have DNA evidence.
(c) They saw him leave the scene.
(d) They matched him to fingerprints on the door.
3. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) In the front of their apartment.
(c) In a clinic.
(d) Downstairs in their townhouse.
4. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
(a) Working in the library.
(b) Working in the English department.
(c) As a housekeeper.
(d) Working for Martin.
5. Why doesn't anyone notice Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) She had no symptoms.
(b) Her parents ignored her complaints.
(c) She kept it hidden.
(d) They were grieving and didn't notice her.
6. How does the professor react to Theresa's scar?
(a) He tells her to keep it covered.
(b) He makes a funny face.
(c) He tells her it's not so bad.
(d) He kisses it.
7. Which sister confronts the other about their lack of love?
8. Who does Brigid marry?
(a) A guy she just met.
(b) Her high school boyfriend.
(c) Katherine's ex fiance.
(d) Katherine's exhusband.
9. Why does Gary get so tired while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) From the repeated stabbing.
(b) From all the sex.
(c) From pleading with her not to call police.
(d) From fighting with her.
10. What job does the English professor's wife have?
(d) Hair stylist.
11. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
(a) She is reading a book in the bar.
(b) She is wearing an ugly dress.
(c) Her smile.
(d) Her beautiful hair.
12. Why does the suspect leave his home in "About the Confession?"
(a) Because he loves to travel.
(b) To get away from his wife.
(c) To avoid being served a warrant by police.
(d) Because he's a free spirit.
13. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
(c) An unnamed man.
(d) An unnamed woman.
14. What is the first thing Theresa teases Gary about?
(a) His southern accent.
(b) His clothes.
(c) Whether or not he is married.
(d) His jacket.
15. Why does the suspect have no where to stay once he gets to New York?
(a) His relative died.
(b) The friend has moved.
(c) He can't find work as an actor.
(d) The Broadway hotels are booked.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theresa explain her limp to Gary?
2. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
3. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
4. Why doesn't Gary just leave like Theresa asked?
5. Which sibling is closest to Theresa in age?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)