|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the medical condition of the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
(a) She has polio.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She has migraines.
2. What surprises Gary when he wakes up in Theresa's apartment?
(a) He is back in the bar.
(b) He is inside Theresa.
(c) He is back in George's house.
(d) He is in the alley.
3. What was the cause of Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(b) A car wreck.
(d) A rare dermatological disorder.
4. How many children are in Theresa's family?
5. What do the police find in the suspect's belongings that made his reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Poker chips.
(b) Credit cards.
6. How does the professor react to Theresa's scar?
(a) He tells her to keep it covered.
(b) He tells her it's not so bad.
(c) He makes a funny face.
(d) He kisses it.
7. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
(a) She wouldn't let her own parents adopt the baby.
(b) It's against her religion.
(c) Her family doesn't approve of the baby's father.
(d) She miscarried becuase of use of illegal drugs.
8. Why is Theresa uncomfortable around her older sister?
(a) Because of her sister's beauty and charm.
(b) Because she doesn't like or admire her.
(c) Becvause she detests her way of life.
(d) Because she doesn't approve of her.
9. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It gives her three days off.
(b) It gives her two days off.
(c) It gives her longer lunches.
(d) It ends the lunch dates.
10. What is unique about the age of Theresa and her siblings?
(a) Their ages make it seem like two separate families.
(b) They all had surgery.
(c) They all have a limp.
(d) They never fight or argue.
11. Where does Theresa fall in the order of her siblings?
12. How does the suspect pay his new friend for his new living arrangements?
(a) By doing all the housework.
(b) With sexual favors.
(c) By begging on the subway.
(d) By painting portraits.
13. What are Theresa's job duties in her new workplace?
(a) Cleaning the doctor's office.
(b) Changing sheets and washing dishes.
(c) Cleaning bathrooms.
(d) Grading papers.
14. How does the suspect get a job without being turned in?
(a) By working in a carnival.
(b) By using a stolen ID.
(c) By working for cash.
(d) By threatening the employer.
15. Where does Theresa's oldest sister move after her annulment?
(c) Fire Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Theresa's oldest sister get after her annulment?
2. Why does the suspect have no where to stay once he gets to New York?
3. What best describes the topic of Theresa's final English essay?
4. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
5. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)