|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gary take Theresa up on her invitation to go to her apartment?
(a) It's a chance to get away from George and get a good night's sleep.
(b) He wants to look at her collection of books.
(c) He really wants to be alone with her.
(d) He is very attracted to her.
2. How does the suspect get a job without being turned in?
(a) By using a stolen ID.
(b) By threatening the employer.
(c) By working in a carnival.
(d) By working for cash.
3. Where does Theresa fall in the order of her siblings?
4. What happens right after the professor sees Theresa's scar?
(a) He calls for a nurse.
(b) He calls his wife to ask what to do.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) They are intimate.
5. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It gives her two days off.
(b) It gives her three days off.
(c) It ends the lunch dates.
(d) It gives her longer lunches.
6. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(c) No one - he steals it.
7. Which sibling is closest to Theresa in age?
8. Where was the character arrested in "About the Confession?"
(c) New York.
(d) Fire Island.
9. Where does Theresa's oldest sister move after her annulment?
(b) Fire Island.
10. Which sister confronts the other about their lack of love?
11. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) In the front of their apartment.
(c) In a clinic.
(d) Downstairs in their townhouse.
12. Why does Gary put a pillow on Theresa's face?
(a) She asks him to do so.
(b) Because she bit him.
(c) For the thrill.
(d) Because she's not attractive to him.
13. How does the professor react to Theresa's scar?
(a) He tells her to keep it covered.
(b) He kisses it.
(c) He makes a funny face.
(d) He tells her it's not so bad.
14. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
(a) The roommate brings another man into the bedroom.
(b) The roommate sees the suspect stealing something.
(c) The roommate learns about the suspect's criminal background.
(d) The roommate begins to feel used.
15. Why does the suspect leave his home and head to New York?
(a) To stay with a friend there.
(b) To get a job in theater.
(c) To stay with a relative there.
(d) To see a Broadway show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Gary just leave like Theresa asked?
2. What is the medical condition of the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
3. Who does Brigid marry?
4. When does the English professor encourage Theresa to schedule her next set of classes?
5. Who plays a large role in where Theresa will attend college?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)