|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
(a) Her fiance's young cousin.
(b) Her fiance's brother.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) A one-night stand.
2. What was Theresa's first English assignment?
(a) To write a fictional short story.
(b) To write a sonnet.
(c) To write her biography.
(d) To write a true-life experience.
3. What is the medical condition of the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has polio.
(d) She has migraines.
4. What was the cause of Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) A rare dermatological disorder.
(c) A car wreck.
5. What explanation does the suspect give for the confusing property found by police?
(a) He has no idea how those credit cards got there.
(b) He hoped to cash the poker chips in at a casino.
(c) It was money to send to his wife.
(d) He'd been investing for a while but didn't believe in banks.
6. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
(a) The roommate brings another man into the bedroom.
(b) The roommate begins to feel used.
(c) The roommate learns about the suspect's criminal background.
(d) The roommate sees the suspect stealing something.
7. What does Gary do when he hears the doorbell while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) Jumps out the window.
(b) Pretends he is Theresa and says he's fine.
(c) Hides in the closet.
(d) Stabs Theresa just to make sure she's dead.
8. What does Theresa tease Gary about going back to the bar to find?
(a) His mother.
(c) A man who is a little more straight than he is.
(d) His wife.
9. What makes Gary decide to hit Theresa with an object?
(a) She stabbed him with his own knife.
(b) She pushed the pillow off her face and started screaming again.
(c) She asks him to do so.
(d) She bit him.
10. When does the English professor first invite Theresa to have coffee with him?
(a) At the end of her second semester.
(b) After the last class.
(c) During the Christmas holidays.
(d) Before her final exam.
11. What surprises Gary when he wakes up in Theresa's apartment?
(a) He is in the alley.
(b) He is inside Theresa.
(c) He is back in George's house.
(d) He is back in the bar.
12. Where does Theresa fall in the order of her siblings?
13. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
(b) Hit her.
(c) Have sex with her again.
(d) Stab her.
14. What was Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) Chronic Acne.
(c) Chicken Pox.
15. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(b) In the front of their apartment.
(c) In a clinic.
(d) In the suburbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Theresa teases Gary about?
2. Who does Brigid marry?
3. What are Theresa's job duties in her new workplace?
4. When does the English professor encourage Theresa to schedule her next set of classes?
5. Who stops visiting Theresa in the hospital?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)