|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
2. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) In a clinic.
(c) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(d) In the front of their apartment.
3. Who is Katherine's second husband?
(a) A former Catholic priest.
(b) A Jewish doctor.
(c) A Rabbi.
(d) A Hindu doctor.
4. What was Theresa's first English assignment?
(a) To write a fictional short story.
(b) To write a sonnet.
(c) To write a true-life experience.
(d) To write her biography.
5. What does Gary smash against Theresa's head?
(a) A lamp.
(b) The phone.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A wine bottle.
6. How does the professor change over the summer?
(a) He says he hates his wife.
(b) He becomes rude to Theresa and doesn't want her around.
(c) He asks to teach more classes at the college.
(d) He loses interest in teaching and starts smoking marijuana.
7. What does Theresa do when the professor asks to see her scar?
(a) She takes her dress off.
(b) She begins to cry and leaves the room.
(c) She screams that she is not a sideshow freak.
(d) She lifts her dress to show him.
8. What was Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(b) Chicken Pox.
(d) Chronic Acne.
9. Why does Gary try to gag Theresa?
(a) She asks him to do so.
(b) To keep her from screaming so much.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) He was tired of her talking.
10. When does the English professor encourage Theresa to schedule her next set of classes?
(a) On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only.
(b) On Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
(c) In the afternoons.
(d) In the mornings.
11. How much time passes after the death before police get a confession?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
12. How many children are in Theresa's family?
13. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
(a) A one-night stand.
(b) Her fiance's brother.
(c) Her fiance's young cousin.
(d) Her fiance.
14. How does the English professor react to Theresa's first two assignments?
(a) He said they are too juvenile.
(b) He flunked her for spelling errors.
(c) He disliked them.
(d) He liked them.
15. Who is Theresa's college English professor?
(a) Dr. Martin.
(b) Dr. Brooks Martin.
(c) Martin Engle.
(d) Martin Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone notice Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
2. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
3. As far as the suspect is concerned, who is the real victim in "About the Confession?"
4. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
5. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)