|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
(a) He is not allowed to attend his roommate's party.
(b) He is forced to wear a dress to a party.
(c) He is rejected by his roommate.
(d) He gets drunk and takes off his clothes in Times Square.
2. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
(a) Falls asleep in a chair.
(b) Eats then falls asleep in a chair.
(d) Crawls into bed beside the dead woman.
3. Why does Theresa first ask Gary to leave her apartment?
(a) She is alarmed because he is angry and won't let her leave.
(b) She wants him to leave.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) She says she is tired.
4. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
(c) An unnamed woman.
(d) An unnamed man.
5. Where do police find the property that made the suspect's reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Inside the bill of his cap.
(b) Tucked in his shoe.
(c) Rolled up into the hem of his jeans.
(d) Sewn into the lining of his jacket.
6. What is unique about the age of Theresa and her siblings?
(a) They never fight or argue.
(b) They all have a limp.
(c) Their ages make it seem like two separate families.
(d) They all had surgery.
7. What is the crime for which the suspect arrested?
(a) Negligent homocide.
(c) Identity theft.
8. Who is the father of Katherine's first child?
(a) Her married boss.
(b) One of the two men she lives with.
(c) All of the above are correct.
(d) Her college instructor.
9. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(c) In the front of their apartment.
(d) In a clinic.
10. Which sister confronts the other about their lack of love?
11. Where does Theresa's oldest sister move after her annulment?
(a) Fire Island.
12. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
(a) She is wearing an ugly dress.
(b) Her beautiful hair.
(c) Her smile.
(d) She is reading a book in the bar.
13. What does Theresa learn about Katherine's confidence?
(a) That Katherine is a force to be reckoned with.
(b) That Katherine has solid morals.
(c) That Katherine also has self doubts.
(d) That Katherine need mood altering medication.
14. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
15. Where does Theresa enroll in college?
(a) City College.
(b) City Community College.
(c) City Tech.
(d) NYC College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Katherine becomes pregnant?
2. As far as the suspect is concerned, who is the real victim in "About the Confession?"
3. What do the police find in the suspect's belongings that made his reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
4. What does the professor talk Theresa into trying?
5. Why is Theresa uncomfortable around her older sister?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)