|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary do when he hears the doorbell while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) Jumps out the window.
(b) Pretends he is Theresa and says he's fine.
(c) Stabs Theresa just to make sure she's dead.
(d) Hides in the closet.
2. What was Theresa's first English assignment?
(a) To write a sonnet.
(b) To write a fictional short story.
(c) To write a true-life experience.
(d) To write her biography.
3. What do the police find in the suspect's belongings that made his reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Poker chips.
(b) Credit cards.
4. How do police know the suspect is guilty?
(a) They matched him to fingerprints on the door.
(b) They have DNA evidence.
(c) They saw him leave the scene.
(d) He confesses.
5. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) In a clinic.
(c) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(d) In the front of their apartment.
6. Why doesn't Gary just leave like Theresa asked?
(a) He's afraid she'll turn him in to the police.
(b) He wants a good night's sleep.
(c) He told her too much about her past.
(d) He has no where to go.
7. Where does Theresa's oldest sister move after her annulment?
(a) Fire Island.
8. What was the cause of Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) A car wreck.
(d) A rare dermatological disorder.
9. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
(a) The roommate sees the suspect stealing something.
(b) The roommate learns about the suspect's criminal background.
(c) The roommate begins to feel used.
(d) The roommate brings another man into the bedroom.
10. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
(a) Stab her.
(b) Have sex with her again.
(d) Hit her.
11. How much time passes after the death before police get a confession?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two days.
12. What does Theresa tease Gary about going back to the bar to find?
(a) His wife.
(c) A man who is a little more straight than he is.
(d) His mother.
13. What is the first thing Gary does when he hears the doorbell ring?
(c) Pretend to be Theresa.
14. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
(a) "What I Learned in English."
(b) "The Jerk Professor."
(c) "The Little Engine that Coudn't."
(d) "The Fan Club."
15. When does the English professor encourage Theresa to schedule her next set of classes?
(a) On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only.
(b) In the afternoons.
(c) In the mornings.
(d) On Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailments does Theresa begin to experience near the end of the second semester?
2. Who dies when Theresa is only 9?
3. What is the crime for which the suspect arrested?
4. How many children are in Theresa's family?
5. To which state was the arrested person extradited in "About the Confession?"
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)