|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brigid marry?
(a) Katherine's exhusband.
(b) Her high school boyfriend.
(c) Katherine's ex fiance.
(d) A guy she just met.
2. What is the purpose for Theresa's appointment to see her college professor?
(a) She wants to ask him out.
(b) To argue about a grade.
(c) She does not know.
(d) She requested tutoring.
3. What topic does the English professor challenge Theresa to write about for her last assignment?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Taking her driver's test.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Losing her virginity.
4. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
(a) The roommate learns about the suspect's criminal background.
(b) The roommate sees the suspect stealing something.
(c) The roommate brings another man into the bedroom.
(d) The roommate begins to feel used.
5. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
(a) She is wearing an ugly dress.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her beautiful hair.
(d) She is reading a book in the bar.
6. Why does Theresa accept the new job?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) To get a good reference.
(c) For the money.
(d) To be closer to the professor.
7. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
(a) Her fiance's brother.
(b) Her fiance's young cousin.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) A one-night stand.
8. What explanation does the suspect give for the confusing property found by police?
(a) It was money to send to his wife.
(b) He hoped to cash the poker chips in at a casino.
(c) He has no idea how those credit cards got there.
(d) He'd been investing for a while but didn't believe in banks.
9. To which state was the arrested person extradited in "About the Confession?"
(b) New York.
10. What is the first thing Gary does when he hears the doorbell ring?
(b) Pretend to be Theresa.
11. What was Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) Chronic Acne.
(b) Chicken Pox.
12. What is the first thing Theresa teases Gary about?
(a) His jacket.
(b) Whether or not he is married.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His southern accent.
13. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
(a) Working in the library.
(b) As a housekeeper.
(c) Working for Martin.
(d) Working in the English department.
14. What job does the English professor's wife have?
(a) Hair stylist.
15. Who is Theresa's college English professor?
(a) Dr. Brooks Martin.
(b) Martin Engle.
(c) Martin Lawrence.
(d) Dr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English professor react when Theresa tells him about her pain?
2. When does the English professor encourage Theresa to schedule her next set of classes?
3. Who stops visiting Theresa in the hospital?
4. How much time passes after the death before police get a confession?
5. What happens when Katherine becomes pregnant?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)