Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) In the front of their apartment.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(d) In a clinic.
2. What is happening when Gary awakens?
(a) Theresa takes her last breath.
(b) George is beating him.
(c) Theresa tries to smother him.
(d) He is in the middle of an orgasm.
3. What is unique about the age of Theresa and her siblings?
(a) They never fight or argue.
(b) Their ages make it seem like two separate families.
(c) They all had surgery.
(d) They all have a limp.
4. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
(a) Working for Martin.
(b) Working in the library.
(c) Working in the English department.
(d) As a housekeeper.
5. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
(a) New York.
(c) Fire Island.
6. What is the purpose for Theresa's appointment to see her college professor?
(a) To argue about a grade.
(b) She does not know.
(c) She requested tutoring.
(d) She wants to ask him out.
7. Where does Theresa's oldest sister move after her annulment?
(d) Fire Island.
8. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
(a) Falls asleep in a chair.
(b) Crawls into bed beside the dead woman.
(d) Eats then falls asleep in a chair.
9. What was the suspect's defense when asked why he didn't simply leave the roommate arrangement he had in New York?
(a) He had no money.
(b) He was afraid of being alone.
(c) He liked the guy.
(d) He was afraid of the guy.
10. When does the English professor first invite Theresa to have coffee with him?
(a) At the end of her second semester.
(b) During the Christmas holidays.
(c) Before her final exam.
(d) After the last class.
11. Where was the character arrested in "About the Confession?"
(b) New York.
(d) Fire Island.
12. Why doesn't anyone notice Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(a) She kept it hidden.
(b) She had no symptoms.
(c) Her parents ignored her complaints.
(d) They were grieving and didn't notice her.
13. How old is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
14. What does Katherine tell Theresa was difficult for her?
(a) Her annulment.
(b) Her lifestyle.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her job.
15. How does the English professor react when Theresa tells him about her pain?
(a) He blows it off.
(b) He takes her to see his wife for treatment.
(c) He tells her to see the school nurse.
(d) He seems to be more gentle toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the topic of Theresa's final English essay?
2. What does Gary smash against Theresa's head?
3. Who dies when Theresa is only 9?
4. Why does Gary get so tired while in Theresa's apartment?
5. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)