|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who gives the suspect a place to live in New York?
2. What does Theresa tease Gary about going back to the bar to find?
(a) A man who is a little more straight than he is.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
3. What explanation does the suspect give for the confusing property found by police?
(a) He has no idea how those credit cards got there.
(b) It was money to send to his wife.
(c) He'd been investing for a while but didn't believe in banks.
(d) He hoped to cash the poker chips in at a casino.
4. What draws Gary's attention to Theresa?
(a) Her smile.
(b) She is wearing an ugly dress.
(c) Her beautiful hair.
(d) She is reading a book in the bar.
5. How many children are in Theresa's family?
6. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
(a) New York.
(c) Fire Island.
7. How does the English professor react to Theresa's first two assignments?
(a) He flunked her for spelling errors.
(b) He said they are too juvenile.
(c) He disliked them.
(d) He liked them.
8. What does Theresa do when the professor asks to see her scar?
(a) She screams that she is not a sideshow freak.
(b) She begins to cry and leaves the room.
(c) She lifts her dress to show him.
(d) She takes her dress off.
9. What else does Gary decide to do once he has the pillow on Theresa's face?
(b) Have sex with her again.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Stab her.
10. How does the professor change over the summer?
(a) He loses interest in teaching and starts smoking marijuana.
(b) He asks to teach more classes at the college.
(c) He says he hates his wife.
(d) He becomes rude to Theresa and doesn't want her around.
11. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
(a) He gets drunk and takes off his clothes in Times Square.
(b) He is forced to wear a dress to a party.
(c) He is not allowed to attend his roommate's party.
(d) He is rejected by his roommate.
12. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
(a) He thinks he must have been trying to keep her warm.
(b) He has no idea why they want to question him.
(c) He was alone when he awoke.
(d) He doesn't know how he got there.
13. How do police know the suspect is guilty?
(a) He confesses.
(b) They saw him leave the scene.
(c) They have DNA evidence.
(d) They matched him to fingerprints on the door.
14. What does Katherine tell Theresa was difficult for her?
(a) Her lifestyle.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her annulment.
(d) Her job.
15. How does the suspect get a job without being turned in?
(a) By using a stolen ID.
(b) By working in a carnival.
(c) By working for cash.
(d) By threatening the employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the suspect meet his new roommate?
2. Why does Gary put a pillow on Theresa's face?
3. What was Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
4. Who stops visiting Theresa in the hospital?
5. What happens when Katherine becomes pregnant?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)