|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the professor react to Theresa's scar?
(a) He makes a funny face.
(b) He kisses it.
(c) He tells her to keep it covered.
(d) He tells her it's not so bad.
2. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
(a) An unnamed man.
(c) An unnamed woman.
3. What is happening when Gary awakens?
(a) He is in the middle of an orgasm.
(b) Theresa takes her last breath.
(c) Theresa tries to smother him.
(d) George is beating him.
4. What was the cause of Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
(c) A car wreck.
(d) A rare dermatological disorder.
5. What job does the English professor's wife have?
(a) Hair stylist.
6. When does the English professor first invite Theresa to have coffee with him?
(a) After the last class.
(b) Before her final exam.
(c) During the Christmas holidays.
(d) At the end of her second semester.
7. What does Gary smash against Theresa's head?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A lamp.
(d) The phone.
8. Why does Gary get so tired while in Theresa's apartment?
(a) From all the sex.
(b) From the repeated stabbing.
(c) From pleading with her not to call police.
(d) From fighting with her.
9. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
(a) The roommate learns about the suspect's criminal background.
(b) The roommate brings another man into the bedroom.
(c) The roommate sees the suspect stealing something.
(d) The roommate begins to feel used.
10. What are Theresa's job duties in her new workplace?
(a) Changing sheets and washing dishes.
(b) Cleaning the doctor's office.
(c) Cleaning bathrooms.
(d) Grading papers.
11. Who is arrested in "About the Confession?"
(a) Gary Coleman White.
(b) Gary Coleman Cooper.
(c) Gary Cooper White.
(d) Gary Cooper.
12. How does the English professor react to Theresa's first two assignments?
(a) He flunked her for spelling errors.
(b) He said they are too juvenile.
(c) He liked them.
(d) He disliked them.
13. Where was the character arrested in "About the Confession?"
(a) New York.
(d) Fire Island.
14. How does the English professor react when Theresa tells him about her pain?
(a) He seems to be more gentle toward her.
(b) He takes her to see his wife for treatment.
(c) He blows it off.
(d) He tells her to see the school nurse.
15. How old is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone notice Theresa's childhood physical ailment?
2. What does Theresa learn about Katherine's confidence?
3. What makes Gary decide to hit Theresa with an object?
4. Who is Theresa's college English professor?
5. What surprises Gary when he wakes up in Theresa's apartment?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)