|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theresa explain her limp to Gary?
(a) It's just a habit she has.
(b) It's an ingrown toenail.
(c) It remains from her polio.
(d) She stumbled and her ankle is swollen.
2. Why doesn't Gary just leave like Theresa asked?
(a) He told her too much about her past.
(b) He wants a good night's sleep.
(c) He has no where to go.
(d) He's afraid she'll turn him in to the police.
3. Who is killed in Looking for Mr. Goodbar?
4. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
(a) Working for Martin.
(b) Working in the English department.
(c) Working in the library.
(d) As a housekeeper.
5. What does Theresa tease Gary about going back to the bar to find?
(a) A man who is a little more straight than he is.
(b) His wife.
(d) His mother.
6. Who is Katherine's second husband?
(a) A Jewish doctor.
(b) A Rabbi.
(c) A Hindu doctor.
(d) A former Catholic priest.
7. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
(a) An unnamed man.
(d) An unnamed woman.
8. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
(a) He was alone when he awoke.
(b) He doesn't know how he got there.
(c) He has no idea why they want to question him.
(d) He thinks he must have been trying to keep her warm.
9. What ailments does Theresa begin to experience near the end of the second semester?
(a) Headaches and vomiting.
(b) Dizziness and headaches.
(c) Back and head aches.
(d) Back and pelvic pains.
10. Who stops visiting Theresa in the hospital?
(b) Her grandmother.
11. What does the professor talk Theresa into trying?
12. What is the first thing Theresa teases Gary about?
(a) His clothes.
(b) Whether or not he is married.
(c) His southern accent.
(d) His jacket.
13. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
(a) "What I Learned in English."
(b) "The Fan Club."
(c) "The Jerk Professor."
(d) "The Little Engine that Coudn't."
14. How does the professor react to Theresa's scar?
(a) He tells her to keep it covered.
(b) He tells her it's not so bad.
(c) He makes a funny face.
(d) He kisses it.
15. Where is the office of the English professor's wife located?
(a) Downstairs in their townhouse.
(b) In a clinic.
(c) In the front of their apartment.
(d) In the suburbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the character arrested in "About the Confession?"
2. What seems to cause a rift between the suspect and his roommate?
3. What happens when Katherine becomes pregnant?
4. What is the first thing Gary does when he hears the doorbell ring?
5. Who is Theresa's college English professor?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)