|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Theresa fall in the order of her siblings?
2. How does the English professor react when Theresa tells him about her pain?
(a) He seems to be more gentle toward her.
(b) He takes her to see his wife for treatment.
(c) He tells her to see the school nurse.
(d) He blows it off.
3. How many children are in Theresa's family?
4. What do the police find in the suspect's belongings that made his reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Credit cards.
(c) Poker chips.
5. What does Katherine tell Theresa was difficult for her?
(a) Her lifestyle.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her annulment.
(d) Her job.
6. Who does Gary go to Mr. Goodbar with?
(b) An unnamed woman.
(c) An unnamed man.
7. To which state was the arrested person extradited in "About the Confession?"
(b) New York.
8. Why is Theresa uncomfortable around her older sister?
(a) Because she doesn't approve of her.
(b) Becvause she detests her way of life.
(c) Because of her sister's beauty and charm.
(d) Because she doesn't like or admire her.
9. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
(a) He gets drunk and takes off his clothes in Times Square.
(b) He is forced to wear a dress to a party.
(c) He is rejected by his roommate.
(d) He is not allowed to attend his roommate's party.
10. Who gives Gary money to help with his run from the law?
(d) No one - he steals it.
11. What best describes the topic of Theresa's final English essay?
(a) A slight toward the professor for not being able to have her.
(b) A tongue-in-cheek view of the professor's attitude.
(c) A glowing report of how much she enjoyed the professor's class.
(d) A parody about all the girls who follow the professor.
12. How does Theresa's scar make her feel?
(a) Different and disfigured.
(b) Like a "bad girl."
(c) Aggressive with an edge.
13. Who does Theresa's sister first marry?
(a) A one-night stand.
(b) Her fiance's young cousin.
(c) Her fiance's brother.
(d) Her fiance.
14. What does Gary tell Theresa that seems to attract her?
(a) That he has been in jail.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he is married.
(d) That he is gay.
15. What does Theresa tease Gary about going back to the bar to find?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) A man who is a little more straight than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the suspect meet his new roommate?
2. Who is Theresa's college English professor?
3. When does the English professor first invite Theresa to have coffee with him?
4. How much time passes after the death before police get a confession?
5. Why does the suspect leave his home in "About the Confession?"
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)