|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Theresa fall in the order of her siblings?
2. Where do police find the property that made the suspect's reason for not leaving the roommate somewhat confusing?
(a) Tucked in his shoe.
(b) Rolled up into the hem of his jeans.
(c) Inside the bill of his cap.
(d) Sewn into the lining of his jacket.
3. How old is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
4. What is happening when Gary awakens?
(a) He is in the middle of an orgasm.
(b) Theresa tries to smother him.
(c) George is beating him.
(d) Theresa takes her last breath.
5. Why does Gary take Theresa up on her invitation to go to her apartment?
(a) It's a chance to get away from George and get a good night's sleep.
(b) He wants to look at her collection of books.
(c) He really wants to be alone with her.
(d) He is very attracted to her.
6. What best describes the topic of Theresa's final English essay?
(a) A glowing report of how much she enjoyed the professor's class.
(b) A slight toward the professor for not being able to have her.
(c) A parody about all the girls who follow the professor.
(d) A tongue-in-cheek view of the professor's attitude.
7. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
(a) He was alone when he awoke.
(b) He thinks he must have been trying to keep her warm.
(c) He has no idea why they want to question him.
(d) He doesn't know how he got there.
8. Who is Katherine's second husband?
(a) A Hindu doctor.
(b) A Jewish doctor.
(c) A former Catholic priest.
(d) A Rabbi.
9. What title does Theresa choose for her final English assignment?
(a) "The Jerk Professor."
(b) "What I Learned in English."
(c) "The Little Engine that Coudn't."
(d) "The Fan Club."
10. How does the suspect pay his new friend for his new living arrangements?
(a) By painting portraits.
(b) By doing all the housework.
(c) With sexual favors.
(d) By begging on the subway.
11. What was Theresa's first English assignment?
(a) To write a true-life experience.
(b) To write a fictional short story.
(c) To write a sonnet.
(d) To write her biography.
12. How does Theresa's new class schedule affect her usual lunch dates?
(a) It gives her longer lunches.
(b) It gives her three days off.
(c) It gives her two days off.
(d) It ends the lunch dates.
13. To which state was the arrested person extradited in "About the Confession?"
(c) New York.
14. Why does the suspect leave his home and head to New York?
(a) To see a Broadway show.
(b) To get a job in theater.
(c) To stay with a friend there.
(d) To stay with a relative there.
15. How does Theresa's scar make her feel?
(a) Like a "bad girl."
(b) Different and disfigured.
(c) Aggressive with an edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theresa ask Gary to do after they are intimate?
2. What happens when Katherine becomes pregnant?
3. Who is killed in Looking for Mr. Goodbar?
4. What does Gary do when he becomes tired after hearing the knock on the door?
5. Why does Gary get so tired while in Theresa's apartment?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)