|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the English professor encourage Theresa to schedule her next set of classes?
(a) In the afternoons.
(b) In the mornings.
(c) On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only.
(d) On Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
2. How does Theresa explain her limp to Gary?
(a) It's just a habit she has.
(b) It remains from her polio.
(c) It's an ingrown toenail.
(d) She stumbled and her ankle is swollen.
3. What ailments does Theresa begin to experience near the end of the second semester?
(a) Back and pelvic pains.
(b) Headaches and vomiting.
(c) Back and head aches.
(d) Dizziness and headaches.
4. How does the decision connected with Katherine's pregnancy conflict with her upbringing?
(a) Her family doesn't approve of the baby's father.
(b) She wouldn't let her own parents adopt the baby.
(c) She miscarried becuase of use of illegal drugs.
(d) It's against her religion.
5. Who stops visiting Theresa in the hospital?
(a) Her grandmother.
6. How long is Theresa's hospital stay when she has surgery?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 day.
7. Where is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"?
(a) New York.
(b) Fire Island.
8. What is the crime for which the suspect arrested?
(a) Identity theft.
(c) Negligent homocide.
9. What is the first thing Gary does when he hears the doorbell ring?
(a) Pretend to be Theresa.
10. How does Theresa begin spending her free time during her second set of classes?
(a) Working in the library.
(b) As a housekeeper.
(c) Working in the English department.
(d) Working for Martin.
11. Who dies when Theresa is only 9?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. How old is the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
13. How does the English professor react to Theresa's first two assignments?
(a) He liked them.
(b) He said they are too juvenile.
(c) He flunked her for spelling errors.
(d) He disliked them.
14. What does Gary tell police about what he was doing when he awoke?
(a) He thinks he must have been trying to keep her warm.
(b) He doesn't know how he got there.
(c) He has no idea why they want to question him.
(d) He was alone when he awoke.
15. Who plays a large role in where Theresa will attend college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when Gary awakens?
2. What does Gary smash against Theresa's head?
3. What indignity does the suspect suffer on New Year's Eve?
4. What is the medical condition of the suspect's wife in "About the Confession?"
5. What does Katherine tell Theresa was difficult for her?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)