|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who famously called religion "the opiate of the masses," according to Dr. Hyde in "twenty-one days after"?
(a) Carl Sagan.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) Alexander Pope.
2. Who does Chip theorize called Alaska on the night she died in "nine days after"?
(a) Alaska's brother.
(b) Alaska's father.
(c) Alaska's mother.
3. What has the Eagle announced that the school is going to build in memory of Alaska in "sixty-nine days after"?
(a) A library.
(b) A new parking lot.
(c) A playground.
(d) A cafe.
4. Who does Chip say named "the Smoking Hole" in "forty-six days after"?
(a) The Eagle.
5. When was the last time that Chip says a pre-prank was used at the boarding school in “eight days before”?
6. What does Lara's roommate do when Miles comes to her dorm room to apologize in "forty-six days after"?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She punches him in the stomach.
(c) She knees Miles in the crotch.
(d) She slaps him.
7. What is the name of the "preeminent scholar of deviant sexuality in adolescents" that Chip and the others have concocted for their prank in "eighty-four days after"?
(a) Dr. James McIntire.
(b) Dr. Wilson Ball.
(c) Dr. William Morse.
(d) Dr. Andrew Smith.
8. What does Miles describe in "fifty-one days after" as "a kind of riddle that's supposed to help you toward enlightenment in Zen Buddhism"?
(b) A koan.
(c) A paradigm.
(d) A psalm.
9. What words are written in Alaska's favorite book that Miles finds in her dorm room in "seven days after"?
(a) Running forward.
(b) Easy does it.
(c) Straight and fast.
(d) Slow and steady.
10. On what day of the week does Alaska's funeral take place in "six days after"?
11. Where does Chip say he walked to in “four days after”?
12. What is the name of Lara's roommate at the boarding school?
13. What does Miles receive as punishment from the Jury in "twenty-eight days after"?
(b) 10 work hours.
(c) 5 work hours.
14. What does Miles discover on the wall by the payphone that Alaska doodled on the night she died in "sixty-two days after"?
(a) An angel.
(b) A bird.
(c) A flower.
(d) A turtle.
15. Who does Miles tell Chip he kissed the night before in "the day after"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Eagle catch Miles doing when he enters his dorm room in "twenty-seven days after"?
2. What Buddhist doctrine "basically says that people don't have eternal souls," according to Miles?
3. Where does Miles go to smoke in the end of “eight days before”?
4. Miles notes in "fifty-one days after" that the "Buddha said that suffering was caused by" what?
5. What kind of vehicle does Maxx arrive at the school in, in "one hundred two days after"?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)