|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose final words were, according to Miles, "Strike the tent"?
(a) Robert E. Lee's.
(b) Alexander Pope's.
(c) Percy Shelley's.
(d) Abraham Lincoln's.
2. How old does Alaska say she was when her parents let her choose her own name?
3. Who is the "tiny blonde with rectangular glasses" that attends Miles's going-away party in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
(b) Lara Smith.
(d) Marie Lawson.
4. What are the three religious traditions that are to be covered over the year in World Religions?
(a) Hinduism, Judaism, and Christianity.
(b) Christianity, Judaism, and Hinduism.
(c) Islam, Christianity, and Buddhism.
(d) Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism.
5. What is Chip's last name?
6. What have the Weekday Warriors done to Alaska's dorm room in “seventy-six days before”?
(a) They have stolen Alaska's books.
(b) They have flooded it.
(c) They have doused the room with gasoline.
(d) They have littered the room with cigarette butts.
7. Who does Miles cite with the quote "I go to seek a Great Perhaps" in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) Francois Rabelais.
(c) Wilson Carbod.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
8. Where is Miles about to go to attend boarding school in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
9. What nickname does Chip give to Miles when they meet?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) The Drifter.
10. Why is Miles kicked out of his World Religions class in “one hundred ten days before”?
(a) For looking out the window.
(b) For passing notes.
(c) For chewing gum.
(d) For talking in class.
11. What is the one luxury that Miles finds in his dorm room when he arrives in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
(a) Thick carpeting.
(b) An air-conditioner.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A private bathroom.
12. What color hair does Alaska's boyfriend have?
13. What television channel do Miles and his parents watch after his going-away party dissolves in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
(b) The Nature Channel.
(c) The History Channel.
(d) The Sci-Fi Network.
14. What does Miles say the American Civil War is called "around these parts" in “sixty-seven days before”?
(a) The War Between the States.
(b) The War for Slavery.
(c) The War Against Slavery.
(d) The War Between North and South.
15. What is Chip doing to prepare for a date when Miles comes into their dorm room in “one hundred twenty-two days before”?
(a) Styling his hair.
(b) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Washing his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French verb meaning "to believe" does Miles's French teacher conjugate in “eighty-four days before”?
2. Where does Alaska's boyfriend attend college?
3. Who serves at the Judge that has the right to overturn the Jury's verdict at the boarding school, according to the narrator in “ninety-eight days before”?
4. What was the name of Alaska's roommate that was expelled from the school?
5. Who confesses that they ratted out Marya in “fifty-eight days before”?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)