|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Takumi from?
2. What is the Jury at Culver Creek comprised of?
(a) Twelve students.
(b) Twelve faculty members.
(c) Six students.
(d) Six faculty members.
3. The Colonel says in “eighty-seven days before,” "The only thing I hate more than rich people is" what?
(a) Stupid people.
(b) Ignorant people.
(c) Mean people.
(d) Ugly people.
4. What does Chip call his concoction of vodka and milk that he keeps in the dorm room?
(b) White Russian.
(d) Mr. Goodies.
5. What snack does Takumi bring to Miles on the campus lawn in “sixty-seven days before”?
(a) A moon pie.
(b) An oatmeal cream pie.
(c) A slice of pizza.
(d) A burrito.
6. Miles describes his dorm room at the boarding school as reminding him more of what than the dorm room of his fantasies?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A prison.
(c) A mausoleum.
(d) A morgue.
7. How many people attend Miles's going-away party in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
8. Who is the teacher of Miles's World Religions class at the boarding school?
(a) Dr. Walsten.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Hyde.
(d) Dr. Forrester.
9. What does Alaska take Miles to do when they are kicked out of World Religions class in “one hundred ten days before”?
(a) Go skateboarding.
(b) Smoke marijuana.
(c) Skip stones at the creek.
(d) Look for four-leaf clovers.
10. What is the nickname of the dorm supervisor at Miles's boarding school?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Mortician.
(c) The Hawk.
(d) The Inmate.
11. Where does Miles Halter's family live?
12. What is the name of Chip's girlfriend in the novel?
13. When does Alaska arrange for a "triple-date" with Miles and the others in “eighty-nine days before”?
14. Who serves at the Judge that has the right to overturn the Jury's verdict at the boarding school, according to the narrator in “ninety-eight days before”?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Dr. Hyde.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) Mrs. Forrester.
15. Who is the starting center for Culver Creek's basketball team?
(a) Wilson Carbod.
(b) Longwell Chase.
(c) Hank Walsten.
(d) Clay Wurtzel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school that Miles is planning to attend in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
2. Who is the author of the poem that Chip quotes with the line "Miles to go before I sleep" in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
3. When his parents leave him at the boarding school, Miles promises to call them once a week on which day?
4. Near what city is the boarding school located that Miles arrives at in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
5. Where does Chip say his father lives in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)