|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The instructor in the World Religions class explains in “seventy-six days before” that who "was special because he abandoned his wealth and noble birth to seek enlightenment"?
(b) Hare Krishna.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Buddha.
2. What does Miles's mother make a "small mountain of" for his going-away party in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Artichoke dip.
(d) Pasta salad.
3. The term paper that the students are to write for their World Religions class is worth how much of their grade?
4. Whose dorm room do Alaska and Miles sneak into in “fifty-one days before”?
5. The chapter "one hundred one days before" begins on the first morning of what month?
6. What is the one luxury that Miles finds in his dorm room when he arrives in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
(a) Thick carpeting.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) An air-conditioner.
(d) A private bathroom.
7. Who is the teacher of Miles's World Religions class at the boarding school?
(a) Dr. Walsten.
(b) Dr. Forrester.
(c) Dr. Hyde.
(d) Dr. Smith.
8. When Hank tells Alaska that marijuana is better for your health than cigarettes, she responds by telling him, "I may die young. But at least I'll die" what?
9. When the Eagle catches Miles, Alaska, Chip, and Takumi smoking by the lake in “ninety-nine days before," he tells them to be in Jury tomorrow at what time?
10. Who invites Alaska and Miles to have Thanksgiving dinner at his house in “forty-seven days before”?
11. What is Chip's nickname in the novel?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Coward.
(d) The Colonel.
12. What is Chip doing to prepare for a date when Miles comes into their dorm room in “one hundred twenty-two days before”?
(b) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Styling his hair.
(d) Washing his hair.
13. Whose final words were, according to Miles, "Strike the tent"?
(a) Percy Shelley's.
(b) Alexander Pope's.
(c) Robert E. Lee's.
(d) Abraham Lincoln's.
14. What character created by Arthur Miller does Chip rap about in “one hundred ten days before”?
(a) Willy Loman.
(d) George Walters.
15. The Colonel says in “eighty-seven days before,” "The only thing I hate more than rich people is" what?
(a) Mean people.
(b) Ugly people.
(c) Ignorant people.
(d) Stupid people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miles about to go to attend boarding school in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
2. What novel is Chip reading for his English class when Alaska visits his and Miles's dorm room in “eighty-nine days before”?
3. What is the first class that Miles attends at the boarding school in “one hundred twenty-six days before”?
4. What is the name that Alaska has given to her car?
5. Who is the dead American President that Kevin names for Miles to say his last words, in “one hundred nine days before”?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)