|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miles's mother make a "small mountain of" for his going-away party in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
(b) Pasta salad.
(c) Potato salad.
(d) Artichoke dip.
2. Who is the author of the poem that Chip quotes with the line "Miles to go before I sleep" in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(d) Lord Byron.
3. Where does Alaska ask Miles to go study with her during their lunch break in "one hundred one days before"?
(a) Burger King.
(c) Her dorm room.
4. What is the first class that Miles attends at the boarding school in “one hundred twenty-six days before”?
(a) History class.
(b) Calculus class.
(c) French class.
(d) English class.
5. Where does Alaska's boyfriend attend college?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Vanderbilt University.
(d) Pace University.
6. When Hank tells Alaska that marijuana is better for your health than cigarettes, she responds by telling him, "I may die young. But at least I'll die" what?
7. What is the Jury at Culver Creek comprised of?
(a) Twelve students.
(b) Six faculty members.
(c) Six students.
(d) Twelve faculty members.
8. Who serves at the Judge that has the right to overturn the Jury's verdict at the boarding school, according to the narrator in “ninety-eight days before”?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Mrs. Forrester.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) Dr. Hyde.
9. Near what city is the boarding school located that Miles arrives at in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
(b) Little Rock.
10. What is the one luxury that Miles finds in his dorm room when he arrives in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) Thick carpeting.
(c) A private bathroom.
(d) An air-conditioner.
11. What dorm room is Miles assigned when he arrives at the boarding school?
(a) Room 36.
(b) Room 43.
(c) Room 151.
(d) Room 12.
12. Whose final words were, according to Miles, "Strike the tent"?
(a) Abraham Lincoln's.
(b) Alexander Pope's.
(c) Robert E. Lee's.
(d) Percy Shelley's.
13. Who is the teacher of Miles's World Religions class at the boarding school?
(a) Dr. Hyde.
(b) Dr. Walsten.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Forrester.
14. When his parents leave him at the boarding school, Miles promises to call them once a week on which day?
15. What was the name of Alaska's roommate that was expelled from the school?
(c) Marie Lawson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Miles spend the day in bed reading in “ninety-nine days before”?
2. Where is Miles about to go to attend boarding school in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
3. Where does Chip say Alaska is from in “one hundred twenty-seven days before”?
4. What kind of video do Miles and Alaska find and watch in “forty-nine days before”?
5. What poet does Chip describe in his rap in “one hundred ten days before” as being unafraid of "slant rhyme"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)