|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused Cliff's situation to change?
2. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
3. Who are the people who can understand the concept of revenge?
4. What does Helena leave the stage to do?
5. Who does Jimmy say is here to see Helena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John Osborne was a socialist. Using two examples from the novel, discuss the ways the story reflects Osborne's political ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters from the play and compare their differences in terms of class.
1) In what ways do they view life differently?
2) How are the changes in British society affecting their identity?
3) How do they view each others differences?
Essay Topic 3
In 1959 Look Back in Anger was made into a film starring Richard Burton. In what way is the film different from the book? In what ways was the film as influential as the play?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)