|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the play written?
2. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
3. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
4. Who offers to tell Jimmy that Alison is leaving?
5. How does Jimmy respond to Helena's slap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Look Back In Anger make such an impact when it was first released? In what way was it different from other plays released up to that point? In what way did Look Back In Anger revolutionize British theater at that time?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Osborne use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)