Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
2. In what year was the play written?
3. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
4. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
5. What is the Colonel's surname?
Essay Topic 1
How influential was Look Back in Anger on British popular culture at the time? How had British society and popular culture worked up to such an explosion portrayal of British working class life?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Osborne's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Look Back In Anger is seen as the starting point for a movement coined by the press as the Angry Young Man.
1) In what way is Jimmy Porter the archetypal Angry Young Man?
2) Why is it so important to the play that Jimmy Porter is a working class character?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)