|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it obvious something has happened to Allison's baby?
2. What does Alison decide to leave on the chest?
3. Who is the Colonel introduced to in this scene?
4. Which character immediately leaves the apartment when he/she sees Allison?
5. What has caused Cliff's situation to change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way can Look Back in Anger be regarded as a realist text? How does the play's realism express Osborne's views on British society?
Essay Topic 2
Using two examples from the play, argue the following statement: "John Osborne's lack of sympathy for the upper and middle classes makes Jimmy Porter into an unlikable and bitter character."
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Jimmy Porter.
1) How has has his situation changed from that of his father?
2) In what way could Jimmy Porter be seen as trying to hold onto his working class identity?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)