|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
2. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
3. What does Jimmy want to quit?
4. Who appears at the door?
5. What does Cliff want to find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look Back In Anger is seen as the starting point for a movement coined by the press as the Angry Young Man.
1) In what way is Jimmy Porter the archetypal Angry Young Man?
2) Why is it so important to the play that Jimmy Porter is a working class character?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can Look Back in Anger be regarded as a realist text? How does the play's realism express Osborne's views on British society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of 1950's Britain.
1) Why was the issue of class such an important issue at that time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think Britain was going through a transitional phase in the 1950's? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1950's Britain?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)