|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allison wearing?
2. How does Jimmy respond to Helena's slap?
3. About what does Cliff remind Jimmy?
4. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
5. What happens as they kiss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character of Jimmy Porter.
1) How has has his situation changed from that of his father?
2) In what way could Jimmy Porter be seen as trying to hold onto his working class identity?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Osborne use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
John Osborne was a socialist. Using two examples from the novel, discuss the ways the story reflects Osborne's political ideas.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)