|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Colonel's surname?
2. About what does the Colonel say Jimmy has taught Allison?
3. Who is the last person to know about Cliff moving out?
4. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
5. Why is it obvious something has happened to Allison's baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1959 Look Back in Anger was made into a film starring Richard Burton. In what way is the film different from the book? In what ways was the film as influential as the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Jimmy Porter's university education gave him the fuel for his anger." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Look Back In Anger make such an impact when it was first released? In what way was it different from other plays released up to that point? In what way did Look Back In Anger revolutionize British theater at that time?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)