|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy want to quit?
2. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
3. What do Jimmy and Cliff discuss?
4. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
5. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters from the play and compare their differences in terms of class.
1) In what ways do they view life differently?
2) How are the changes in British society affecting their identity?
3) How do they view each others differences?
Essay Topic 2
Look Back In Anger is seen as the starting point for a movement coined by the press as the Angry Young Man.
1) In what way is Jimmy Porter the archetypal Angry Young Man?
2) Why is it so important to the play that Jimmy Porter is a working class character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Jimmy Porter.
1) How has has his situation changed from that of his father?
2) In what way could Jimmy Porter be seen as trying to hold onto his working class identity?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)