|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say he was wrong to do?
2. What does Alison give to Helena to give to Jimmy?
3. What does Helena leave the stage to do?
4. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
5. Who appears at the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does Osbourne use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
3) Away from the main character, examine the way Osborne uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Osborne's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Jimmy Porter's university education gave him the fuel for his anger." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)