Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
2. In what year was the play written?
3. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
4. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
5. What is the Colonel's surname?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Look Back In Anger make such an impact when it was first released? In what way was it different from other plays released up to that point? In what way did Look Back In Anger revolutionize British theater at that time?
Essay Topic 2
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Jimmy Porter.
1) How has has his situation changed from that of his father?
2) In what way could Jimmy Porter be seen as trying to hold onto his working class identity?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)