|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cliff want to find?
2. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
3. Which three characters leave the apartment?
4. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
5. What does Alison give to Helena to give to Jimmy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Osborne's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters from the play and compare their differences in terms of class.
1) In what ways do they view life differently?
2) How are the changes in British society affecting their identity?
3) How do they view each others differences?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)