|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
2. Who are the people who can understand the concept of revenge?
3. When did Helena know about Cliff leaving?
4. What does Jimmy want to quit?
5. What item of Jimmy's clothing is Helena wearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way can Look Back in Anger be regarded as a realist text? How does the play's realism express Osborne's views on British society?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do the goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of 1950's Britain.
1) Why was the issue of class such an important issue at that time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think Britain was going through a transitional phase in the 1950's? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1950's Britain?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)