|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
2. What does Alison decide to leave on the chest?
3. With what does Allison fiddle?
4. In what year was the play written?
5. What is the Colonel's surname?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look Back In Anger is seen as the starting point for a movement coined by the press as the Angry Young Man.
1) In what way is Jimmy Porter the archetypal Angry Young Man?
2) Why is it so important to the play that Jimmy Porter is a working class character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1950's Britain.
1) Why was the issue of class such an important issue at that time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think Britain was going through a transitional phase in the 1950's? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1950's Britain?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Osborne's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)