|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
3. Which three characters leave the apartment?
4. What does Cliff want to find?
5. What does Allison say she did many times before turning back home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Jimmy Porter's university education gave him the fuel for his anger." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 3
In 1959 Look Back in Anger was made into a film starring Richard Burton. In what way is the film different from the book? In what ways was the film as influential as the play?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)