|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused Cliff's situation to change?
2. What does Cliff want to quit?
3. What does the Colonel say he was wrong to do?
4. Who is the last person to know about Allison's pregnancy?
5. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John Osborne was a socialist. Using two examples from the novel, discuss the ways the story reflects Osborne's political ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Using two examples from the play, argue the following statement: "John Osborne's lack of sympathy for the upper and middle classes makes Jimmy Porter into an unlikable and bitter character."
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do the goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)