Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
2. In what year was the play written?
3. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
4. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
5. What is the Colonel's surname?
John Osborne was a socialist. Using two examples from the novel, discuss the ways the story reflects Osborne's political ideas.
In what way can Look Back in Anger be regarded as a realist text? How does the play's realism express Osborne's views on British society?
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)