|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy say he would like to see dead?
2. When is Alison's father coming to pick her up?
3. What is Jimmy reading?
4. What does Alison reveal to Cliff?
5. Why does Alison have no one to whom she can turn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy react to Alison's sudden arrival?
2. How does Cliff flirt with Alison in the opening scene?
3. In what way is it obvious Alison has had a miscarriage?
4. In what could Cliff be seen as making a stand in Act Two, Scene Two?
5. Describe the three main characters.
6. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
7. How does Cliff react to Alison leaving?
8. What reasons does Alison give for marrying Jimmy?
9. In what way is change a major theme in the play?
10. Who is Hugh Tanner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Osborne's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Look Back In Anger make such an impact when it was first released? In what way was it different from other plays released up to that point? In what way did Look Back In Anger revolutionize British theater at that time?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)