|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does not yet know about Alison's pregnancy?
2. What kind of animal does Cliff call himself?
3. What is Cliff's surname?
4. Why does Alison have no one to whom she can turn?
5. Hugh and who else helped Jimmy set up his sweet stall business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cliff react to Alison leaving?
2. Why is Jimmy angry at Helena at the end of Act Two, Scene Two?
3. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
4. Why could Jimmy be seen as downtrodden?
5. How did Hugh and Jimmy used to embarrass Alison?
6. How does Jimmy react to Helena's leaving?
7. How is it obvious that Helena has now moved in?
8. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
9. How does the Colonel describe Alison and himself?
10. In what way do the characters have fun in Act Three, Scene Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look Back In Anger is seen as the starting point for a movement coined by the press as the Angry Young Man.
1) In what way is Jimmy Porter the archetypal Angry Young Man?
2) Why is it so important to the play that Jimmy Porter is a working class character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Osborne's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Osborne use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)