Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy say he would do if Helena slapped him?
2. What kind of animal does Cliff call himself?
3. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
4. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy say he would like to see dead?
5. How old are both Cliff and Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
2. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
3. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
4. What mistakes do the Colonel and Alison admit they have made?
5. Describe the three main characters.
6. In what way could it be said Jimmy has an era crisis rather than an identity crisis?
7. Describe the character of Helena.
8. In what way is Jimmy's reaction to Cliff's leaving hypocritical?
9. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
10. How does Osborne use loud noises in the play?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Jimmy and Allison.
1) In what ways are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Look Back In Anger make such an impact when it was first released? In what way was it different from other plays released up to that point? In what way did Look Back In Anger revolutionize British theater at that time?
Essay Topic 3
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)