|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the first scene?
2. How old are both Cliff and Jimmy?
3. When is Alison's father coming to pick her up?
4. What does Alison smash on the floor?
5. What is Hugh's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy react to Helena's news ?
2. What reasons does Alison give for marrying Jimmy?
3. Who is Hugh Tanner?
4. Describe the Colonel's character.
5. In what way is Cliff Jimmy's opposite?
6. How does Alison react when Helena tells her she has wired her father?
7. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
8. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
9. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
10. In what way does Jimmy's anger seem useless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 2
How influential was Look Back in Anger on British popular culture at the time? How had British society and popular culture worked up to such an explosion portrayal of British working class life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Osborne's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)