Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy say he would do if Helena slapped him?
2. What kind of animal does Cliff call himself?
3. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
4. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy say he would like to see dead?
5. How old are both Cliff and Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
2. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
3. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
4. What mistakes do the Colonel and Alison admit they have made?
5. Describe the three main characters.
6. In what way could it be said Jimmy has an era crisis rather than an identity crisis?
7. Describe the character of Helena.
8. In what way is Jimmy's reaction to Cliff's leaving hypocritical?
9. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
10. How does Osborne use loud noises in the play?
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Jimmy Porter's university education gave him the fuel for his anger." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Look Back in Anger is a famous play which has greatly influenced British theater. Choose a play written after Look Back in Anger that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities in terms of
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do the goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)