|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character calls Jimmy in for tea?
2. Where does Helena work?
3. What does Jimmy criticize Nigel for being?
4. What kind of stall does Jimmy own?
5. Why does Alison have no one to whom she can turn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy react to Alison's sudden arrival?
2. What does pusillanimous mean?
3. Describe the character of Helena.
4. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
5. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
6. Describe Alison's character.
7. What similarity does Act Three, Scene One have with the opening scene?
8. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
9. Why is Jimmy angry at Helena at the end of Act Two, Scene Two?
10. How does Jimmy react to Cliff's declaration that he is leaving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters from the play and compare their differences in terms of class.
1) In what ways do they view life differently?
2) How are the changes in British society affecting their identity?
3) How do they view each others differences?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do the goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Look Back in Anger is a famous play which has greatly influenced British theater. Choose a play written after Look Back in Anger that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities in terms of
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)