|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alison reveal to Cliff?
2. What does Alison call her flirtations with Cliff?
3. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
4. What does Hugh leave to do?
5. Who does Helena say she has wired?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy react to Cliff's declaration that he is leaving?
2. What does pusillanimous mean?
3. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
4. How did Hugh and Jimmy used to embarrass Alison?
5. How does the Colonel analyze the situation?
6. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
7. How does Alison describe her relationship with Cliff?
8. What reasons does Alison give for marrying Jimmy?
9. In what way does the Colonel think Jimmy is right in his criticism?
10. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Jimmy Porter's university education gave him the fuel for his anger." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
How influential was Look Back in Anger on British popular culture at the time? How had British society and popular culture worked up to such an explosion portrayal of British working class life?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Look Back In Anger make such an impact when it was first released? In what way was it different from other plays released up to that point? In what way did Look Back In Anger revolutionize British theater at that time?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)