|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose is the father of Alison's baby?
2. What is Jimmy reading?
3. What does Hugh leave to do?
4. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
5. Alison says Jimmy's eyes are full of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hugh's mother dislike Alison?
2. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
3. How does Jimmy react to Helena's news ?
4. In what way could it be said Jimmy has an era crisis rather than an identity crisis?
5. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
6. In what way is Cliff Jimmy's opposite?
7. In what way is it obvious Alison has had a miscarriage?
8. Why does Jimmy dislike the church?
9. How does the Colonel analyze the situation?
10. How is it obvious that Helena has now moved in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Osborne's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Look Back In Anger make such an impact when it was first released? In what way was it different from other plays released up to that point? In what way did Look Back In Anger revolutionize British theater at that time?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Osborne use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)