|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has phoned Alison?
2. Which character does not yet know about Alison's pregnancy?
3. Who is coming to stay at the house?
4. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
5. What instrument is Jimmy playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Jimmy's reaction to Cliff's leaving hypocritical?
2. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
3. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
4. What mistakes do the Colonel and Alison admit they have made?
5. Who is Hugh Tanner?
6. What reasons does Alison give for marrying Jimmy?
7. In what way could Alison and Jimmy be seen as happy?
8. Describe the layout of the stage.
9. How does Jimmy react to Alison's sudden arrival?
10. What do the two women talk about in the final scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can Look Back in Anger be regarded as a realist text? How does the play's realism express Osborne's views on British society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Osborne's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)