|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to stay at the house?
2. What animal does Jimmy play in their game?
3. What part of Alison does Cliff kiss?
4. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
5. Where does Cliff put Alison's fingers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Colonel describe Alison and himself?
2. How does Alison describe her relationship with Cliff?
3. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
4. How does Jimmy react to Cliff's declaration that he is leaving?
5. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
6. How did Hugh and Jimmy used to embarrass Alison?
7. Why does Alison think that Jimmy married her?
8. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
9. What does Cliff now want to do with his life?
10. What does pusillanimous mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way can Look Back in Anger be regarded as a realist text? How does the play's realism express Osborne's views on British society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Jimmy Porter's university education gave him the fuel for his anger." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
How influential was Look Back in Anger on British popular culture at the time? How had British society and popular culture worked up to such an explosion portrayal of British working class life?
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)