|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
2. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy say he would like to see dead?
3. What do Alison and Jimmy use to relate to each other?
4. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
5. What animal does Jimmy play in their game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alison describe her relationship with Cliff?
2. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
3. How does Cliff react to Alison leaving?
4. Describe the layout of the stage.
5. Why does Alison think that Jimmy married her?
6. How does Jimmy react to Helena's news ?
7. What similarity does Act Three, Scene One have with the opening scene?
8. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
9. How does Jimmy fall out with Hugh?
10. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How influential was Look Back in Anger on British popular culture at the time? How had British society and popular culture worked up to such an explosion portrayal of British working class life?
Essay Topic 2
Look Back In Anger is seen as the starting point for a movement coined by the press as the Angry Young Man.
1) In what way is Jimmy Porter the archetypal Angry Young Man?
2) Why is it so important to the play that Jimmy Porter is a working class character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Jimmy Porter.
1) How has has his situation changed from that of his father?
2) In what way could Jimmy Porter be seen as trying to hold onto his working class identity?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)