|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Alison play in their game?
2. To where does Jimmy say Helena wants to take Alison back?
3. To what does Jimmy say Helena looks forward?
4. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy like?
5. What does Cliff assure Alison he will not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hugh and Jimmy used to embarrass Alison?
2. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
3. In what way is Helena different from Alison?
4. How does Jimmy react to Cliff's declaration that he is leaving?
5. In what way does Jimmy's anger seem useless?
6. How is it obvious that Helena has now moved in?
7. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
8. What is Jimmy's opinion of Alison's mother?
9. How does the Colonel analyze the situation?
10. What do the two women talk about in the final scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Jimmy's gripes with society? Why do you think Jimmy is able to voice his opinion while Cliff, also working class, does not seem to be bothered? In what ways could Jimmy's ability to express his views point to a positive change in society at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1950's Britain.
1) Why was the issue of class such an important issue at that time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think Britain was going through a transitional phase in the 1950's? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1950's Britain?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term kitchen sink realism? What are the conventions of kitchen sink realism and how is it different from realism? In ways is Look Back in Anger a kitchen sink drama?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)