|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what kind of drink do the characters argue?
2. How many leather armchairs do the Porters have?
3. What does Cliff think will cheer them all up?
4. Which of Jimmy's friends does he think is the only one who understands him?
5. When is Alison's father coming to pick her up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Helena.
2. In what way does Jimmy's anger seem useless?
3. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
4. How does Jimmy fall out with Hugh?
5. How does Cliff react to Alison leaving?
6. How does Alison describe her relationship with Cliff?
7. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
8. Why does Alison think that Jimmy married her?
9. In what way is Helena different from Alison?
10. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Osborne's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can Look Back in Anger be regarded as a realist text? How does the play's realism express Osborne's views on British society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Osborne's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)