|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena think is in love with Alison?
2. Who is coming to stay at the house?
(a) Alison's mother
(d) Alison's father
3. What instrument is Jimmy playing?
4. What color are Jimmy's eyes?
5. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
(a) His sister
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) His brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Jimmy use to describe Alison?
2. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
3. What does Jimmy criticize Nigel for being?
4. What does Alison smash on the floor?
5. Alison says Jimmy's eyes are full of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way could Alison and Jimmy be seen as happy?
2. What does pusillanimous mean?
3. How does Jimmy react to Helena's leaving?
4. In what way could it be said Jimmy has an era crisis rather than an identity crisis?
5. In what way is it obvious Alison has had a miscarriage?
6. Why does Alison think that Jimmy married her?
7. Describe the Colonel's character.
8. In what way does Jimmy's anger seem useless?
9. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
10. In what way is change a major theme in the play?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)