Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy say he would do if Helena slapped him?
(a) Kiss her
(b) Call the police
(c) Jump out of the window
(d) Slap her
2. What kind of animal does Cliff call himself?
(c) Koala bear
3. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Making a phone call
(c) Writing a letter
(d) Making tea
4. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy say he would like to see dead?
(a) Alison's father
(b) Alison's dog
(c) Alison's mother
5. How old are both Cliff and Jimmy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose is the father of Alison's baby?
2. What does Alison call her flirtations with Cliff?
3. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
4. What word does Jimmy use to describe Alison?
5. Which character calls Jimmy in for tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
2. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
3. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
4. What mistakes do the Colonel and Alison admit they have made?
5. Describe the three main characters.
6. In what way could it be said Jimmy has an era crisis rather than an identity crisis?
7. Describe the character of Helena.
8. In what way is Jimmy's reaction to Cliff's leaving hypocritical?
9. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
10. How does Osborne use loud noises in the play?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)