|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
(a) His sister
(b) His brother
(c) His mother
(d) His father
2. When is Alison's father coming to pick her up?
(a) In one week
(b) The next day
(c) In two weeks
(d) In two days
3. Where is Helena when Alison is having problems?
(a) On tour
(b) In hospital
(c) At university
(d) At work
4. What does Helena threaten to do to Jimmy?
(a) Kick him
(b) Kiss him
(c) Bite him
(d) Slap him
5. What color are Jimmy's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmy listening to on the radio?
2. Which character calls Jimmy in for tea?
3. Hugh and who else helped Jimmy set up his sweet stall business?
4. What does Jimmy say he would do if Helena slapped him?
5. What part of Alison is burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the Colonel think Jimmy is right in his criticism?
2. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
3. How does Cliff flirt with Alison in the opening scene?
4. In what way is Cliff Jimmy's opposite?
5. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
6. In what way is it obvious Alison has had a miscarriage?
7. In what could Cliff be seen as making a stand in Act Two, Scene Two?
8. In what way do the characters have fun in Act Three, Scene Three?
9. How does the Colonel describe Alison and himself?
10. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)