|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Alison's father coming to pick her up?
(a) In one week
(b) The next day
(c) In two days
(d) In two weeks
2. To where does Jimmy say Helena wants to take Alison back?
(a) The other side
(c) The enemy
3. What does Jimmy criticize Nigel for being?
4. How much time has passed since the first scene?
(a) Two days
(b) One month
(c) A year
(d) Two weeks
5. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
(a) Iron and gas stove
(b) Newspaper and iron
(c) Gas stove and church bells
(d) Newspaper and church bells
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Jimmy use to describe Alison?
2. What color are Jimmy's eyes?
3. What does Jimmy admit to doing on purpose to Alison?
4. What is Helena carrying?
5. What does Hugh leave to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do the characters have fun in Act Three, Scene Three?
2. How did Hugh and Jimmy used to embarrass Alison?
3. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
4. Why is Jimmy always the last to know about everything?
5. How does Alison describe her relationship with Cliff?
6. Why does Alison think that Jimmy married her?
7. What is Jimmy's opinion of Alison's mother?
8. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
9. Describe the layout of the stage.
10. In what way does Helena's statement that Jimmy would feel more comfortable with things during the French Revolution sum up Jimmy as a person?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)