|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jimmy reading?
(a) A tin label
(b) A magazine
(c) A novel
(d) A newspaper
2. What word does Jimmy use to describe Alison?
3. What does Helena accuse Cliff of not doing?
(a) Washing up
(c) Supporting Alison
(d) Cleaning his own clothes
4. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
(a) Newspaper and church bells
(b) Newspaper and iron
(c) Gas stove and church bells
(d) Iron and gas stove
5. What is the name of Jimmy's closest friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Helena when Alison is having problems?
2. To where does Jimmy say Helena wants to take Alison back?
3. Hugh and who else helped Jimmy set up his sweet stall business?
4. What animal does Jimmy play in their game?
5. What does Helena threaten to do to Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
2. Describe the character of Helena.
3. In what way does Jimmy's anger seem useless?
4. How does Alison describe her relationship with Cliff?
5. What does Alison think is the problem with her marriage to Jimmy?
6. Why is Jimmy angry at Helena at the end of Act Two, Scene Two?
7. How does Cliff react to Alison leaving?
8. How does Jimmy fall out with Hugh?
9. How does Cliff flirt with Alison in the opening scene?
10. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)