|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Jimmy use to describe Alison?
2. What does Alison reveal to Cliff?
(a) She wants to divorce Jimmy.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is leaving.
(d) She loves him.
3. How much time has passed since the first scene?
(a) One month
(b) A year
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two days
4. What does Jimmy admit to doing on purpose to Alison?
(a) Laughing at her
(b) Angering her
(c) Making her look a fool
(d) Burning her
5. Where is Helena when Alison is having problems?
(a) At university
(b) On tour
(c) In hospital
(d) At work
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alison call her flirtations with Cliff?
2. Which of the following do the Porters have in the house?
3. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
4. To where does Jimmy say Helena wants to take Alison back?
5. What is Hugh's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmy dislike the church?
2. How is it obvious that Helena has now moved in?
3. How does Cliff react to Alison leaving?
4. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
5. What does pusillanimous mean?
6. How does Alison describe her relationship with Cliff?
7. How does Cliff flirt with Alison in the opening scene?
8. In what way does Jimmy and Helena's relationship seem more affectionate then Jimmy and Alison's relationship?
9. Why does Alison think that Jimmy married her?
10. How does Jimmy react to Alison's sudden arrival?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)