|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alison smash on the floor?
(a) A cup
(b) A glass
(c) A plate
(d) A bowl
2. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
(d) Making a phone call
3. What does Alison reveal to Cliff?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is leaving.
(c) She wants to divorce Jimmy.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
(a) Iron and gas stove
(b) Newspaper and iron
(c) Gas stove and church bells
(d) Newspaper and church bells
5. How many leather armchairs do the Porters have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Alison's father coming to pick her up?
2. What kind of animal does Cliff call himself?
3. Who tells Jimmy he has a phone call?
4. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
5. Where does Jimmy find the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy react to Helena's news ?
2. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
3. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
4. In what way does the Colonel think Jimmy is right in his criticism?
5. What does Alison think is the problem with her marriage to Jimmy?
6. How does the Colonel analyze the situation?
7. How does Jimmy's relationship with Helena seem more stable than his relationship with Alison?
8. Who is Hugh Tanner?
9. What do the two women talk about in the final scene.
10. What is Jimmy's opinion of Alison's mother?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)