|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Jimmy say Helena looks forward?
(a) Destrroying him
(b) Her theater productions
(c) The past
(d) Taking Alison away
2. Why does Alison have no one to whom she can turn?
(a) She is the boy who cried wolf.
(b) She is a black sheep.
(c) She has burned her bridges.
(d) She has never had friends.
3. What does Alison say Jimmy makes up his mind to do?
(a) Fall in love
(b) Sell sweets
(c) Buy an apartment
4. Who is Jimmy's business partner?
5. What does Hugh leave to do?
(a) Live life
(b) Find a wife
(c) Open a bar
(d) Write his novel
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jimmy's friends does he think is the only one who understands him?
2. Which character does not yet know about Alison's pregnancy?
3. What does Helena threaten to do to Jimmy?
4. Whose is the father of Alison's baby?
5. Which new character enters the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the establishment?
2. How does Jimmy persuade Alison to stay?
3. Who is Hugh Tanner?
4. Why does Jimmy dislike the church?
5. In what way does Jimmy and Helena's relationship seem more affectionate then Jimmy and Alison's relationship?
6. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
7. In what could Cliff be seen as making a stand in Act Two, Scene Two?
8. In what way is Helena different from Alison?
9. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
10. What does Alison think is the problem with her marriage to Jimmy?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)