|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cliff leave to get?
(a) A newspaper
(c) New socks
(d) His post
2. Where is Helena when Alison is having problems?
(a) At university
(b) On tour
(c) At work
(d) In hospital
3. Which character does not yet know about Alison's pregnancy?
4. Who is coming to stay at the house?
(c) Alison's father
(d) Alison's mother
5. How much time has passed since the first scene?
(a) Two days
(b) Two weeks
(c) A year
(d) One month
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alison and Jimmy use to relate to each other?
2. Alison says Jimmy's eyes are full of _____________.
3. Who does Hugh's mother blame for Hugh's departure?
4. Hugh and who else helped Jimmy set up his sweet stall business?
5. How is Nigel related to Alison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jimmy's opinion of Alison's mother?
2. In what way is Cliff Jimmy's opposite?
3. How does Jimmy react to Cliff's declaration that he is leaving?
4. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
5. What does Cliff now want to do with his life?
6. In what way could Alison and Jimmy be seen as happy?
7. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
8. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
9. How does Osborne use loud noises in the play?
10. Who is Hugh Tanner?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)