|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cliff assure Alison he will not do?
(a) Wrestle with Jimmy
(b) Read the newspaper
(c) Leave the flat
(d) Smoke cigarettes
2. Whose name do Hugh and Jimmy use to crash parties?
3. Where does Helena work?
(a) The cinema
(b) The local council
(c) The supermarket
(d) The theater
4. What is Hugh's surname?
5. How many rooms does the Porter's apartment have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many leather armchairs do the Porters have?
2. What does Jimmy criticize Nigel for being?
3. Hugh and who else helped Jimmy set up his sweet stall business?
4. What does Alison call her flirtations with Cliff?
5. What is Cliff's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy react to Alison's sudden arrival?
2. Describe the Colonel's character.
3. Who is Hugh Tanner?
4. How does Jimmy persuade Alison to stay?
5. How does Jimmy's relationship with Helena seem more stable than his relationship with Alison?
6. Why is Jimmy always the last to know about everything?
7. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
8. In what way is change a major theme in the play?
9. How does the Colonel analyze the situation?
10. What do the two women talk about in the final scene.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)