|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Helena when Alison is having problems?
(a) In hospital
(b) On tour
(c) At work
(d) At university
2. The letter is from __________.
(a) Alison's father
(d) Alison's mother
3. Hugh and who else helped Jimmy set up his sweet stall business?
(c) Hugh's mother
4. Who tells Jimmy he has a phone call?
(c) The landlady
5. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
(a) Gas stove and church bells
(b) Newspaper and church bells
(c) Newspaper and iron
(d) Iron and gas stove
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy criticize Nigel for being?
2. What is Cliff's surname?
3. Who does Helena think is in love with Alison?
4. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy like?
5. Which character has had a stroke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it obvious that Helena has now moved in?
2. How does the Colonel analyze the situation?
3. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
4. Why could Jimmy be seen as downtrodden?
5. How does Osborne use loud noises in the play?
6. Why does Jimmy not like Helena?
7. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
8. How does Jimmy persuade Alison to stay?
9. In what way is Jimmy's reaction to Cliff's leaving hypocritical?
10. How does Jimmy's relationship with Helena seem more stable than his relationship with Alison?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)