|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helena carrying?
(b) A colander
(c) A box chocolates
(d) A dog
2. Which character does not yet know about Alison's pregnancy?
3. Which character calls Jimmy in for tea?
4. How many rooms does the Porter's apartment have?
5. Whose name do Hugh and Jimmy use to crash parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. The letter is from __________.
2. Where is Helena when Alison is having problems?
3. Which of Jimmy's friends does he think is the only one who understands him?
4. Where does Cliff put Alison's fingers?
5. Why does Alison have no one to whom she can turn?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
2. How does Jimmy's relationship with Helena seem more stable than his relationship with Alison?
3. How does Jimmy react to Alison's sudden arrival?
4. What does Alison think is the problem with her marriage to Jimmy?
5. In what way is Cliff Jimmy's opposite?
6. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
7. How does Osborne use loud noises in the play?
8. What do the two women talk about in the final scene.
9. How does Alison think Jimmy will react to her pregnancy?
10. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)