|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helena carrying?
(a) A colander
(b) A dog
(c) A box chocolates
2. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy say he would like to see dead?
(b) Alison's dog
(c) Alison's mother
(d) Alison's father
3. What does Hugh leave to do?
(a) Find a wife
(b) Write his novel
(c) Open a bar
(d) Live life
4. Which character has had a stroke?
(a) Alison's father
(b) Jimmy's mother
(c) Hugh's mother
(d) Jimmy's uncle
5. Where is Helena when Alison is having problems?
(a) At university
(b) On tour
(c) At work
(d) In hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alison and Jimmy use to relate to each other?
2. What does Cliff leave to get?
3. How much time has passed since the first scene?
4. What does Alison say Jimmy makes up his mind to do?
5. What does Alison smash on the floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy react to Helena's news ?
2. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
3. How does Osborne use loud noises in the play?
4. How did Hugh and Jimmy used to embarrass Alison?
5. In what could Cliff be seen as making a stand in Act Two, Scene Two?
6. In what way does Jimmy's anger seem useless?
7. In what way is Cliff Jimmy's opposite?
8. Why is Jimmy angry at Helena at the end of Act Two, Scene Two?
9. How does Jimmy react to Alison's sudden arrival?
10. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)