|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Jimmy play in their game?
(a) A bear
(b) A frog
(c) A squirrel
(d) A rabbit
2. What is Hugh's surname?
3. What do Alison and Jimmy use to relate to each other?
(b) The bear and squirrel game
4. Which of the following do the Porters have in the house?
(a) A television
(b) A leather armchair
(c) A gas stove
(d) A chest of drawers
5. To what does Jimmy say Helena looks forward?
(a) Destrroying him
(b) Her theater productions
(c) The past
(d) Taking Alison away
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alison say seems to burn about Jimmy?
2. Which character calls Jimmy in for tea?
3. What does Jimmy admit to doing on purpose to Alison?
4. Where does Helena work?
5. Which of Jimmy's friends does he think is the only one who understands him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
2. Describe the character of Helena.
3. Describe the layout of the stage.
4. In what way do the characters have fun in Act Three, Scene Three?
5. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
6. How do Jimmy and Helena react differently to Alison's perceived weaknesses?
7. How does Alison react when Helena tells her she has wired her father?
8. How does Jimmy react to Helena's leaving?
9. How does Jimmy react to Cliff's declaration that he is leaving?
10. How does the Colonel describe Alison and himself?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)