|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Alison's family does Jimmy say he would like to see dead?
(a) Alison's dog
(c) Alison's mother
(d) Alison's father
2. What do Alison and Jimmy use to relate to each other?
(a) The bear and squirrel game
3. What does Cliff think will cheer them all up?
(a) A walk
(b) A sing song
(c) A pint
(d) A movie
4. What does Jimmy say he would do if Helena slapped him?
(a) Kiss her
(b) Jump out of the window
(c) Slap her
(d) Call the police
5. Whose name do Hugh and Jimmy use to crash parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
2. What does Alison reveal to Cliff?
3. Which of Jimmy's friends does he think is the only one who understands him?
4. Alison says Jimmy's eyes are full of _____________.
5. What item of Cliff's clothes does Alison iron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy fall out with Hugh?
2. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
3. What mistakes do the Colonel and Alison admit they have made?
4. What realization does Helena come to in this section?
5. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
6. How does Alison react when Helena tells her she has wired her father?
7. How does Jimmy react to Cliff's declaration that he is leaving?
8. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
9. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
10. In what way is it obvious Alison has had a miscarriage?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)