|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy criticize Nigel for being?
2. Which character does not yet know about Alison's pregnancy?
3. What member of his family does Jimmy talk about?
(a) His sister
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His brother
4. What animal does Alison play in their game?
(a) A dog
(b) A frog
(c) A bear
(d) A squirrel
5. Why does Alison have no one to whom she can turn?
(a) She is a black sheep.
(b) She is the boy who cried wolf.
(c) She has never had friends.
(d) She has burned her bridges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what kind of drink do the characters argue?
2. What does Alison say Jimmy makes up his mind to do?
3. Which character calls Jimmy in for tea?
4. The letter is from __________.
5. Who is coming to stay at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Jimmy try to put himself center of attention even while he is not in the room?
2. What reasons does Alison give for marrying Jimmy?
3. How does Jimmy react to Helena's leaving?
4. How does the Colonel describe Alison and himself?
5. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
6. How is it obvious that Helena has now moved in?
7. In what way do the characters have fun in Act Three, Scene Three?
8. What do the two women talk about in the final scene.
9. In what way is Jimmy's reaction to Cliff's leaving hypocritical?
10. In what could Cliff be seen as making a stand in Act Two, Scene Two?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)