|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name do Hugh and Jimmy use to crash parties?
2. What does Helena accuse Cliff of not doing?
(a) Cleaning his own clothes
(b) Washing up
(c) Supporting Alison
3. Hugh and who else helped Jimmy set up his sweet stall business?
(c) Hugh's mother
4. What animal does Alison play in their game?
(a) A dog
(b) A frog
(c) A squirrel
(d) A bear
5. What does Cliff assure Alison he will not do?
(a) Leave the flat
(b) Smoke cigarettes
(c) Wrestle with Jimmy
(d) Read the newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the Porters have in the house?
2. How much time has passed since the first scene?
3. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
4. Who tells Jimmy he has a phone call?
5. Who does Helena say she has wired?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Jimmy and Helena's relationship seem more affectionate then Jimmy and Alison's relationship?
2. In what way is it obvious Alison has had a miscarriage?
3. What is the establishment?
4. How does Jimmy react to Alison's "Dear John" letter?
5. What does pusillanimous mean?
6. Describe the relationship between Jimmy and Cliff.
7. Why is Jimmy angry at Helena at the end of Act Two, Scene Two?
8. What are Jimmy's criticisms of Alison's brother Nigel?
9. How does Alison react to her father's apology?
10. How does Alison show her weak character in the final scene?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)