|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
(d) Mrs. Tanner
2. What does the Colonel say he was wrong to do?
(a) Shout at Jimmy
(b) Fight against the marriage
(c) Take the last biscuit
(d) Joinin the army
3. Why does Cliff leave the apartment?
(a) To buy cigarettes
(b) To go to the pub
(c) To say goodbye to Alison
(d) To avoid Jimmy
4. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
(a) Cliff and Helena
(b) Jimmy and Cliff
(c) Helena and Allison
(d) Allison and Jimmy
5. On what does Jimmy call Cliff?
(a) Being late for work
(b) Being in love with Allison
(c) Not liking Helena
(d) Stealing coffee
6. What item of clothes does Cliff dirty?
(a) His socks
(b) His pants
(c) His shirt
(d) His shoes
7. Who plays the butt of the joke?
8. Who did Helena sit behind in the cinema?
(a) A man smoking
(c) A woman with a baby
(d) A man shouting
9. What item of Jimmy's clothing is Helena wearing?
(a) A shirt
(b) Boxer shorts
10. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(a) Mrs. Tanner
11. Which character immediately leaves the apartment when he/she sees Allison?
(d) Mrs. Tanner
12. When did Helena know about Cliff leaving?
(a) The night before
(b) An hour before
(c) A week before
(d) A month before
13. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
(a) Write a play
(b) Practise Helena's lines
(c) Play scrabble
(d) Go out
14. Who does Jimmy say is here to see Helena?
(a) A friend
(b) A stray dog
(c) A pint of bitterness
(d) Miss Nobody
15. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Find him a job
(b) Sew a button
(c) Clean his shirt
(d) Work his shift
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person to know about Cliff moving out?
2. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
3. Where does Cliff leave his shirt to dry?
4. Who is the last person to know about Allison's pregnancy?
5. What does Allison say she did many times before turning back home?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)