|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel say he was wrong to do?
(a) Fight against the marriage
(b) Shout at Jimmy
(c) Joinin the army
(d) Take the last biscuit
2. What is Alison's father's rank in the army?
3. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
(c) The Colonel
4. What item of Jimmy's clothing is Helena wearing?
(b) A shirt
(c) Boxer shorts
5. What does Jimmy begin to play?
(a) His saxophone
(b) His flute
(c) His guitar
(d) His trumpet
6. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
(a) She sings a song about it.
(b) Her possessions are on the dressing table.
(c) She is ironing.
(d) It is the first thing Jimmy says.
7. What does Helena tell Jimmy?
(a) Alison is pregnant.
(b) Alison is gone.
(c) He is horrible.
(d) She is in love with him.
8. Who offers to tell Jimmy that Alison is leaving?
(a) Mrs. Tanner
(b) The Colonel
9. What has caused Cliff's situation to change?
(a) Lack of money
(b) His loneliness
(c) Helena moving in
(d) Jimmy's increased anger
10. What is Helena's profession?
(c) Social worker
11. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
(a) Jimmy and Cliff
(b) Allison and Jimmy
(c) Helena and Allison
(d) Cliff and Helena
12. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
(a) A Buster Keaton routine
(b) A vaudeville routine
(c) A W. C Fields routine
(d) A Charlie Chaplin routine
13. What does Alison give to Helena to give to Jimmy?
(a) A letter
(b) A picture
(c) A card
(d) An address
14. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
(a) Talks about the church bells
(b) Makes fun of him
(c) Shouts at Helena
(d) Changes the subject
15. About what does the Colonel say Jimmy has taught Allison?
(a) Life in general
(d) The mind of the working class
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Alison looking to revenge?
2. What does Jimmy call the Colonel?
3. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
4. Why is Jimmy angry about Allison's letter?
5. In what year was the play written?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)