|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jimmy and Cliff do after the vaudeville routine?
(c) Kick box
2. Who is hurt because everything has changed?
(c) The Colonel
3. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
(a) A Charlie Chaplin routine
(b) A Buster Keaton routine
(c) A vaudeville routine
(d) A W. C Fields routine
4. Of what does Jimmy make fun?
(a) The Colonel's expression
(b) Helena's hair
(c) Cliff's absence
(d) Alison's letter
5. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
(a) Shouts at Helena
(b) Changes the subject
(c) Makes fun of him
(d) Talks about the church bells
6. What does Alison give to Helena to give to Jimmy?
(a) An address
(b) A card
(c) A letter
(d) A picture
7. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
(a) Cliff and Helena
(b) Helena and Allison
(c) Allison and Jimmy
(d) Jimmy and Cliff
8. Who did Helena sit behind in the cinema?
(a) A man shouting
(b) A woman with a baby
(c) A man smoking
9. On what evening does the third act open?
10. Who was Alison looking to revenge?
(a) Her family
(b) Her school
(c) Her ex boyfriend
(d) The church
11. Who does the Colonel say would relish the current situation?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(d) His wife
12. What does Helena leave the stage to do?
(a) Wash Cliff's shirt
(c) Go to work
(d) Telephone her family
13. What item of Jimmy's clothing is Helena wearing?
(c) Boxer shorts
(d) A shirt
14. What do Jimmy and Cliff discuss?
(a) Their business
(c) The newspapers
(d) The church bells
15. About what does the Colonel say Jimmy has taught Allison?
(b) The mind of the working class
(d) Life in general
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Alison admit that she married?
2. What member of Alison's family is with her?
3. Who offers to tell Jimmy that Alison is leaving?
4. Who is the Colonel introduced to in this scene?
5. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)