|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Work his shift
(b) Find him a job
(c) Clean his shirt
(d) Sew a button
2. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
(a) Shouts at Helena
(b) Changes the subject
(c) Makes fun of him
(d) Talks about the church bells
3. How does Jimmy respond to Helena's slap?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He cries.
4. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
(a) Practise Helena's lines
(b) Play scrabble
(c) Go out
(d) Write a play
5. What does Cliff want to quit?
(a) Reading newspapers
(b) The sweet stall business
6. What is the Colonel's surname?
7. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is alone.
(c) She hates Allison.
(d) She loves Cliff.
8. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
(a) A W. C Fields routine
(b) A vaudeville routine
(c) A Buster Keaton routine
(d) A Charlie Chaplin routine
9. What is Allison wearing?
(a) Just a bra
(b) A denim jacket
(c) A sheep skin jacket
(d) A rain coat
10. Who does the Colonel say would relish the current situation?
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His wife
11. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
(a) Mrs Tanner
(b) His wife
12. What does Jimmy call the Colonel?
(a) A mouse
(b) As attractive as an uncut hedge
(c) An old plant
(d) As boring as a tree
13. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
(a) She is ironing.
(b) She sings a song about it.
(c) Her possessions are on the dressing table.
(d) It is the first thing Jimmy says.
14. What does Jimmy begin to play?
(a) His flute
(b) His guitar
(c) His trumpet
(d) His saxophone
15. About what does the Colonel say Jimmy has taught Allison?
(a) The mind of the working class
(c) Life in general
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
2. Who plays the butt of the joke?
3. Who is hurt because everything has changed?
4. Who are the people who can understand the concept of revenge?
5. Who is the Colonel introduced to in this scene?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)