|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
(a) A Charlie Chaplin routine
(b) A Buster Keaton routine
(c) A vaudeville routine
(d) A W. C Fields routine
2. What does Alison give to Helena to give to Jimmy?
(a) An address
(b) A letter
(c) A card
(d) A picture
3. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(a) Mrs. Tanner
4. What is the Colonel's surname?
5. Where does Cliff leave his shirt to dry?
(a) The oven
(b) The armchair
(c) The gas stove
(d) The window sill
6. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
(a) Given him hope
(b) Taught Alison a great deal
(c) Given her a child
(d) Made Alison think
7. For what does Alison admit that she married?
(d) To get away from her family
8. Who plays the butt of the joke?
9. Which three characters leave the apartment?
(a) The Colonel, Alison and Helena
(b) Cliff, Helena and the Colonel
(c) Jimmy, the Colonel and Alison
(d) Cliff, the Colonel and Alison
10. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Find him a job
(b) Clean his shirt
(c) Sew a button
(d) Work his shift
11. Who is the Colonel introduced to in this scene?
(c) Mrs. Tanner
12. What happens as they kiss?
(a) Cliff comes back.
(b) The curtain closes.
(c) Alison comes back.
(d) The church bells ring.
13. Who are the people who can understand the concept of revenge?
(b) Young adults
(c) The elderly
14. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
(c) Mrs Tanner
(d) His wife
15. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
(a) The Colonel
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helena respond to Jimmy's anger?
2. Who offers to tell Jimmy that Alison is leaving?
3. When did Helena know about Cliff leaving?
4. Who did Helena sit behind in the cinema?
5. Who does the Colonel say would relish the current situation?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)