|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jimmy respond to Helena's slap?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
2. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
(a) Cliff and Helena
(b) Jimmy and Cliff
(c) Allison and Jimmy
(d) Helena and Allison
3. For what does Alison admit that she married?
(d) To get away from her family
4. Who did Helena sit behind in the cinema?
(a) A man shouting
(c) A woman with a baby
(d) A man smoking
5. Why is it obvious something has happened to Allison's baby?
(a) She looks ill.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She sings a song aout it.
(d) Jimmy asks her.
6. What is Alison's father's rank in the army?
7. What has caused Cliff's situation to change?
(a) His loneliness
(b) Jimmy's increased anger
(c) Lack of money
(d) Helena moving in
8. Where does Cliff leave his shirt to dry?
(a) The oven
(b) The gas stove
(c) The armchair
(d) The window sill
9. Who was Alison looking to revenge?
(a) The church
(b) Her school
(c) Her family
(d) Her ex boyfriend
10. Who is the last person to know about Cliff moving out?
(a) Colonel Redfern
11. How does Helena respond to Jimmy's anger?
(a) She shouts back.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She slaps him.
12. Who is hurt because everything has changed?
(b) The Colonel
13. Why does Cliff leave the apartment?
(a) To avoid Jimmy
(b) To buy cigarettes
(c) To go to the pub
(d) To say goodbye to Alison
14. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
(a) Write a play
(b) Practise Helena's lines
(c) Go out
(d) Play scrabble
15. What does Cliff want to quit?
(a) The sweet stall business
(c) Reading newspapers
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Alison's family is with her?
2. About what does the Colonel say Jimmy has taught Allison?
3. What does Jimmy want to quit?
4. What does the Colonel say both he and Alison are unwilling to do?
5. What does Helena leave the stage to do?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)