|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as they kiss?
(a) Cliff comes back.
(b) Alison comes back.
(c) The church bells ring.
(d) The curtain closes.
2. Who offers to tell Jimmy that Alison is leaving?
(a) Mrs. Tanner
(b) The Colonel
3. What is Alison's father's rank in the army?
4. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
(a) Given her a child
(b) Taught Alison a great deal
(c) Given him hope
(d) Made Alison think
5. What does Jimmy want to quit?
(b) The sweet stall business
(c) Reading newspapers
6. What is Allison wearing?
(a) A denim jacket
(b) A rain coat
(c) A sheep skin jacket
(d) Just a bra
7. Why is Jimmy angry about Allison's letter?
(a) It is badly written.
(b) It is too nice.
(c) She should have told him to his face.
(d) It is not her own words.
8. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(b) Mrs. Tanner
9. Who is the last person to know about Allison's pregnancy?
10. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Sew a button
(b) Work his shift
(c) Clean his shirt
(d) Find him a job
11. Of what does Jimmy make fun?
(a) Alison's letter
(b) Helena's hair
(c) Cliff's absence
(d) The Colonel's expression
12. How does Helena respond to Jimmy's anger?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She shouts back.
(d) She laughs.
13. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
(a) A letter
(b) A baby
(c) A gun
(d) Cliff's clean shirt
14. What is Helena's profession?
(c) Social worker
15. Who is hurt because everything has changed?
(d) The Colonel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
2. Why does Cliff leave the apartment?
3. Who does Jimmy say is here to see Helena?
4. On what does Jimmy call Cliff?
5. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)