|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cliff leave his shirt to dry?
(a) The oven
(b) The gas stove
(c) The window sill
(d) The armchair
2. Who plays the butt of the joke?
3. What does Jimmy call the Colonel?
(a) A mouse
(b) As boring as a tree
(c) As attractive as an uncut hedge
(d) An old plant
4. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Find him a job
(b) Sew a button
(c) Work his shift
(d) Clean his shirt
5. What does Cliff want to find?
(a) A wife
(b) A treasure chest
(c) His wallet
6. Who is hurt because everything has changed?
(b) The Colonel
7. What does Alison give to Helena to give to Jimmy?
(a) A letter
(b) A picture
(c) A card
(d) An address
8. Who appears at the door?
(a) Allison's mother
(b) The Colonel
(c) Mrs. Tanner
9. For what does Alison admit that she married?
(d) To get away from her family
10. Which three characters leave the apartment?
(a) Cliff, the Colonel and Alison
(b) The Colonel, Alison and Helena
(c) Jimmy, the Colonel and Alison
(d) Cliff, Helena and the Colonel
11. What is Helena's profession?
(b) Social worker
12. What does Jimmy want to quit?
(a) The sweet stall business
(d) Reading newspapers
13. How does Jimmy respond to Helena's slap?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He runs away.
14. For what does Jimmy say the Colonel is hanging around?
(a) Jimmy's death
(b) The Edwardian wilderness
(c) A free lunch
(d) The second coming
15. Who is the last person to know about Allison's pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people who can understand the concept of revenge?
2. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
3. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
4. What does Alison decide to leave on the chest?
5. Who does the Colonel say would relish the current situation?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)