|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
(a) Made Alison think
(b) Taught Alison a great deal
(c) Given her a child
(d) Given him hope
2. Who is the last person to know about Cliff moving out?
(a) Colonel Redfern
3. In what year was the play written?
4. What do Jimmy and Cliff do after the vaudeville routine?
(c) Kick box
5. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(d) Mrs. Tanner
6. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
7. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She loves Cliff.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She hates Allison.
8. What does Jimmy call the Colonel?
(a) An old plant
(b) As attractive as an uncut hedge
(c) A mouse
(d) As boring as a tree
9. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
(c) His wife
(d) Mrs Tanner
10. Who was Alison looking to revenge?
(a) Her school
(b) The church
(c) Her family
(d) Her ex boyfriend
11. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
(a) Play scrabble
(b) Go out
(c) Write a play
(d) Practise Helena's lines
12. For what does Alison admit that she married?
(c) To get away from her family
13. What item of clothes does Cliff dirty?
(a) His socks
(b) His shoes
(c) His shirt
(d) His pants
14. What does Jimmy begin to play?
(a) His trumpet
(b) His guitar
(c) His saxophone
(d) His flute
15. Who does the Colonel say would relish the current situation?
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say both he and Alison are unwilling to do?
2. Why is Jimmy angry about Allison's letter?
3. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
4. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
5. Why does Cliff leave the apartment?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)