|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
(a) A letter
(b) A baby
(c) A gun
(d) Cliff's clean shirt
2. In what year was the play written?
3. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
(a) Her possessions are on the dressing table.
(b) It is the first thing Jimmy says.
(c) She is ironing.
(d) She sings a song about it.
4. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
(a) Mrs. Tanner
5. What is the Colonel's surname?
6. Who does Jimmy say is here to see Helena?
(a) Miss Nobody
(b) A friend
(c) A pint of bitterness
(d) A stray dog
7. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Sew a button
(b) Work his shift
(c) Clean his shirt
(d) Find him a job
8. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
(a) The Colonel
9. Why is Helena not coming back with them?
(a) She loves the area.
(b) She is in love with Cliff.
(c) She wants to see the town first.
(d) She has a script opportunity.
10. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
(a) Helena and Allison
(b) Jimmy and Cliff
(c) Cliff and Helena
(d) Allison and Jimmy
11. What member of Alison's family is with her?
(a) Her father
(b) Her brothr
(c) Her sister
(d) Her mother
12. What do Jimmy and Cliff discuss?
(a) The church bells
(c) Their business
(d) The newspapers
13. What is Alison's father's rank in the army?
14. What does Cliff want to find?
(a) His wallet
(c) A treasure chest
(d) A wife
15. What do Jimmy and Cliff do after the vaudeville routine?
(b) Kick box
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character immediately leaves the apartment when he/she sees Allison?
2. What does the Colonel define himself and his daughter as?
3. On what evening does the third act open?
4. What does Jimmy call the Colonel?
5. Who was Alison looking to revenge?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)