|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
(a) A Charlie Chaplin routine
(b) A Buster Keaton routine
(c) A W. C Fields routine
(d) A vaudeville routine
2. On what evening does the third act open?
3. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
(a) Made Alison think
(b) Given her a child
(c) Taught Alison a great deal
(d) Given him hope
4. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
(b) Mrs Tanner
(c) His wife
5. For what does Jimmy say the Colonel is hanging around?
(a) Jimmy's death
(b) The Edwardian wilderness
(c) A free lunch
(d) The second coming
6. About what does the Colonel say Jimmy has taught Allison?
(a) The mind of the working class
(d) Life in general
7. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
8. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
(b) The Colonel
9. What does Helena tell Jimmy?
(a) Alison is gone.
(b) Alison is pregnant.
(c) He is horrible.
(d) She is in love with him.
10. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
(a) A letter
(b) A baby
(c) A gun
(d) Cliff's clean shirt
11. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is alone.
(c) She hates Allison.
(d) She loves Cliff.
12. What do Jimmy and Cliff discuss?
(a) The newspapers
(b) The church bells
(d) Their business
13. Why is it obvious something has happened to Allison's baby?
(a) She sings a song aout it.
(b) She is crying.
(c) Jimmy asks her.
(d) She looks ill.
14. What does Alison decide to leave on the chest?
(a) Her gloves
(b) The bear
(c) Her make up
(d) The squirrel
15. What does Jimmy want to quit?
(a) The sweet stall business
(b) Reading newspapers
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jimmy angry about Allison's letter?
2. What item of clothes does Cliff dirty?
3. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
4. What does the Colonel say Jimmy needs?
5. What is the Colonel's surname?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)