|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helena leave the stage to do?
(a) Go to work
(b) Wash Cliff's shirt
(c) Telephone her family
2. What member of Alison's family is with her?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her brothr
(c) Her sister
(d) Her father
3. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(a) Mrs. Tanner
4. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
(a) A W. C Fields routine
(b) A Charlie Chaplin routine
(c) A Buster Keaton routine
(d) A vaudeville routine
5. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Find him a job
(b) Sew a button
(c) Work his shift
(d) Clean his shirt
6. Who does the Colonel say would relish the current situation?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) His wife
7. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
(a) She is ironing.
(b) She sings a song about it.
(c) It is the first thing Jimmy says.
(d) Her possessions are on the dressing table.
8. What does Jimmy begin to play?
(a) His saxophone
(b) His trumpet
(c) His guitar
(d) His flute
9. Which character states that he/she misses Allison?
(c) Mrs. Tanner
10. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
(d) The Colonel
11. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
(b) Mrs Tanner
(d) His wife
12. Why does Cliff leave the apartment?
(a) To say goodbye to Alison
(b) To go to the pub
(c) To avoid Jimmy
(d) To buy cigarettes
13. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
(a) A baby
(b) A gun
(c) Cliff's clean shirt
(d) A letter
14. What item of Jimmy's clothing is Helena wearing?
(a) A shirt
(d) Boxer shorts
15. Why is it obvious something has happened to Allison's baby?
(a) Jimmy asks her.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She sings a song aout it.
(d) She looks ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy call the Colonel?
2. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
3. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
4. What does Allison say she did many times before turning back home?
5. What item of clothes does Cliff dirty?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)