|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helena's profession?
(c) Social worker
2. Who is the last person to know about Cliff moving out?
(c) Colonel Redfern
3. What does Cliff want to find?
(a) A wife
(b) A treasure chest
(d) His wallet
4. Where does Cliff leave his shirt to dry?
(a) The armchair
(b) The oven
(c) The gas stove
(d) The window sill
5. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She hates Allison.
(c) She loves Cliff.
(d) She loves him.
6. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
(a) A letter
(b) A baby
(c) A gun
(d) Cliff's clean shirt
7. What does the Colonel say both he and Alison are unwilling to do?
(b) Live life
(c) Fall in love
(d) Make decisions
8. Who plays the butt of the joke?
9. What does Allison say she did many times before turning back home?
(a) Came to the apartment
(b) Went to Jimmy's stall
(c) Went to the airport
(d) Went to the hospital
10. Who offers to tell Jimmy that Alison is leaving?
(b) Mrs. Tanner
(c) The Colonel
11. Who does Jimmy say is here to see Helena?
(a) Miss Nobody
(b) A pint of bitterness
(c) A stray dog
(d) A friend
12. How does Jimmy respond to Helena's slap?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He cries.
(d) He kisses her.
13. On what does Jimmy call Cliff?
(a) Being in love with Allison
(b) Being late for work
(c) Not liking Helena
(d) Stealing coffee
14. What does Alison decide to leave on the chest?
(a) Her make up
(b) The squirrel
(c) Her gloves
(d) The bear
15. What does Helena leave the stage to do?
(a) Go to work
(b) Wash Cliff's shirt
(c) Telephone her family
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say Jimmy needs?
2. What is Alison's father's rank in the army?
3. Which three characters leave the apartment?
4. Who does Cliff tell that Allison and Jimmy's relationship would not have lasted if he were not around?
5. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)