|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Jimmy make fun?
(a) Cliff's absence
(b) Alison's letter
(c) Helena's hair
(d) The Colonel's expression
2. Which three characters leave the apartment?
(a) The Colonel, Alison and Helena
(b) Cliff, the Colonel and Alison
(c) Cliff, Helena and the Colonel
(d) Jimmy, the Colonel and Alison
3. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
(a) A gun
(b) Cliff's clean shirt
(c) A baby
(d) A letter
4. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She loves Cliff.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She hates Allison.
5. Who plays the butt of the joke?
6. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
(a) Mrs Tanner
(c) His wife
7. What does Cliff want to quit?
(a) Reading newspapers
(b) The sweet stall business
8. Who is hurt because everything is the same?
(b) The Colonel
9. For what does Alison admit that she married?
(a) To get away from her family
10. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(b) Mrs. Tanner
11. How does Jimmy respond to Helena's slap?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He cries.
12. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
(a) Jimmy and Cliff
(b) Allison and Jimmy
(c) Helena and Allison
(d) Cliff and Helena
13. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
(a) A W. C Fields routine
(b) A Charlie Chaplin routine
(c) A vaudeville routine
(d) A Buster Keaton routine
14. How does Helena respond to Jimmy's anger?
(a) She shouts back.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She laughs.
15. What does the Colonel define himself and his daughter as?
(b) Fence sitters
(c) Weak individuals
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helena's profession?
2. About what does Cliff remind Jimmy?
3. What does Jimmy begin to play?
4. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
5. Who takes Alison's suitcase to the car?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)