|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hurt because everything has changed?
(c) The Colonel
2. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Work his shift
(b) Find him a job
(c) Sew a button
(d) Clean his shirt
3. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What member of Alison's family is with her?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her father
(c) Her sister
(d) Her brothr
5. What does Jimmy begin to play?
(a) His saxophone
(b) His trumpet
(c) His guitar
(d) His flute
6. What does the Colonel define himself and his daughter as?
(b) Fence sitters
(c) Weak individuals
7. With what does Allison fiddle?
(a) The squirrel puppet
(b) Jimmy 's pipe
(c) The bear puppet
(d) Her belt
8. Which three characters leave the apartment?
(a) The Colonel, Alison and Helena
(b) Cliff, Helena and the Colonel
(c) Jimmy, the Colonel and Alison
(d) Cliff, the Colonel and Alison
9. On what does Jimmy call Cliff?
(a) Stealing coffee
(b) Not liking Helena
(c) Being late for work
(d) Being in love with Allison
10. What does Cliff want to quit?
(b) Reading newspapers
(c) The sweet stall business
11. In what year was the play written?
12. What does the Colonel say both he and Alison are unwilling to do?
(a) Live life
(b) Make decisions
(d) Fall in love
13. Which two characters are left on the stage alone at the end of the scene?
(a) Allison and Jimmy
(b) Jimmy and Cliff
(c) Helena and Allison
(d) Cliff and Helena
14. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
(a) It is the first thing Jimmy says.
(b) Her possessions are on the dressing table.
(c) She is ironing.
(d) She sings a song about it.
15. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
(a) Given her a child
(b) Taught Alison a great deal
(c) Given him hope
(d) Made Alison think
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Cliff remind Jimmy?
2. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
3. What does Helena leave the stage to do?
4. Who is the last person to know about Cliff moving out?
5. Why does Cliff leave the apartment?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)