|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people who can understand the concept of revenge?
(b) Young adults
(d) The elderly
2. When did Helena know about Cliff leaving?
(a) The night before
(b) A week before
(c) An hour before
(d) A month before
3. What do Jimmy and Cliff discuss?
(a) Their business
(b) The newspapers
(d) The church bells
4. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
(a) Play scrabble
(b) Practise Helena's lines
(c) Go out
(d) Write a play
5. Which three characters leave the apartment?
(a) Jimmy, the Colonel and Alison
(b) Cliff, the Colonel and Alison
(c) The Colonel, Alison and Helena
(d) Cliff, Helena and the Colonel
6. What does Jimmy begin to play?
(a) His guitar
(b) His flute
(c) His saxophone
(d) His trumpet
7. What does Cliff want to quit?
(b) The sweet stall business
(d) Reading newspapers
8. What does Allison say she did many times before turning back home?
(a) Went to the airport
(b) Went to the hospital
(c) Came to the apartment
(d) Went to Jimmy's stall
9. What happens as they kiss?
(a) Cliff comes back.
(b) Alison comes back.
(c) The curtain closes.
(d) The church bells ring.
10. What does Jimmy want to quit?
(b) Reading newspapers
(c) The sweet stall business
11. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
(a) Talks about the church bells
(b) Makes fun of him
(c) Shouts at Helena
(d) Changes the subject
12. Who is the Colonel introduced to in this scene?
(c) Mrs. Tanner
13. Who offers to tell Jimmy that Alison is leaving?
(b) The Colonel
(c) Mrs. Tanner
14. Who was Alison looking to revenge?
(a) Her ex boyfriend
(b) Her school
(c) The church
(d) Her family
15. With what does Allison fiddle?
(a) Her belt
(b) Jimmy 's pipe
(c) The bear puppet
(d) The squirrel puppet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say Jimmy needs?
2. Which character immediately leaves the apartment when he/she sees Allison?
3. In what year was the play written?
4. Where does Cliff leave his shirt to dry?
5. About what does Cliff remind Jimmy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)