|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel define himself and his daughter as?
(b) Fence sitters
(c) Weak individuals
2. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(d) Mrs. Tanner
3. What does the Colonel say Jimmy has done despite everything?
(a) Taught Alison a great deal
(b) Made Alison think
(c) Given him hope
(d) Given her a child
4. What does Cliff want to quit?
(c) The sweet stall business
(d) Reading newspapers
5. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
(a) Write a play
(b) Play scrabble
(c) Go out
(d) Practise Helena's lines
6. What does Helena tell Jimmy?
(a) He is horrible.
(b) Alison is gone.
(c) Alison is pregnant.
(d) She is in love with him.
7. Of what does Jimmy make fun?
(a) Cliff's absence
(b) The Colonel's expression
(c) Alison's letter
(d) Helena's hair
8. What item of Jimmy's clothing is Helena wearing?
(b) A shirt
(d) Boxer shorts
9. What does the Colonel say he was wrong to do?
(a) Joinin the army
(b) Shout at Jimmy
(c) Fight against the marriage
(d) Take the last biscuit
10. On what evening does the third act open?
11. Who is the last person to know about Allison's pregnancy?
12. What happens as they kiss?
(a) The curtain closes.
(b) Alison comes back.
(c) The church bells ring.
(d) Cliff comes back.
13. Why does Cliff leave the apartment?
(a) To say goodbye to Alison
(b) To buy cigarettes
(c) To avoid Jimmy
(d) To go to the pub
14. When did Helena know about Cliff leaving?
(a) A week before
(b) An hour before
(c) A month before
(d) The night before
15. With what does Helena reenter the stage?
(a) Cliff's clean shirt
(b) A baby
(c) A gun
(d) A letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Alison's family is with her?
2. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
3. Why is Helena not coming back with them?
4. Which three characters leave the apartment?
5. What kind of routine do Jimmy and Cliff begin in this scene?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)