|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last person to know about Allison's pregnancy?
2. Why is Helena not coming back with them?
(a) She is in love with Cliff.
(b) She loves the area.
(c) She wants to see the town first.
(d) She has a script opportunity.
3. What does the Colonel say Jimmy needs?
(a) A strong women
(c) The army
(d) An enemy
4. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
(a) Talks about the church bells
(b) Changes the subject
(c) Makes fun of him
(d) Shouts at Helena
5. What does Alison decide to leave on the chest?
(a) Her gloves
(b) The squirrel
(c) Her make up
(d) The bear
6. What item of clothes does Cliff dirty?
(a) His shoes
(b) His shirt
(c) His socks
(d) His pants
7. What is Alison's father's rank in the army?
8. Who was Alison looking to revenge?
(a) Her family
(b) Her ex boyfriend
(c) The church
(d) Her school
9. What happens as they kiss?
(a) Alison comes back.
(b) Cliff comes back.
(c) The church bells ring.
(d) The curtain closes.
10. How does the audience know Helena has moved in?
(a) Her possessions are on the dressing table.
(b) It is the first thing Jimmy says.
(c) She sings a song about it.
(d) She is ironing.
11. Who plays the butt of the joke?
12. About what does Cliff remind Jimmy?
(a) He has something in the oven.
(b) He has to open the stall.
(c) He also once disliked Helena.
(d) He used to want more from life.
13. What does the Colonel define himself and his daughter as?
(a) Fence sitters
(b) Weak individuals
14. Who appears at the door?
(a) Allison's mother
(b) The Colonel
(d) Mrs. Tanner
15. Where does Cliff leave his shirt to dry?
(a) The armchair
(b) The gas stove
(c) The window sill
(d) The oven
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jimmy angry about Allison's letter?
2. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
3. About what does the Colonel say Jimmy has taught Allison?
4. What does Helena tell Jimmy before Allison arrives?
5. Who is the Colonel introduced to in this scene?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)