|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Helena know about Cliff leaving?
(a) A week before
(b) An hour before
(c) The night before
(d) A month before
2. What is Alison's father's rank in the army?
3. What item of Jimmy's clothing is Helena wearing?
(a) A shirt
(b) Boxer shorts
4. What does Helena offer to do for Cliff?
(a) Sew a button
(b) Find him a job
(c) Work his shift
(d) Clean his shirt
5. How does Jimmy hide his disappointment that Cliff is leaving?
(a) Changes the subject
(b) Talks about the church bells
(c) Shouts at Helena
(d) Makes fun of him
6. For what does Alison admit that she married?
(b) To get away from her family
7. What does the Colonel say he was wrong to do?
(a) Joinin the army
(b) Fight against the marriage
(c) Shout at Jimmy
(d) Take the last biscuit
8. What is the Colonel's surname?
9. What does Jimmy call the Colonel?
(a) As attractive as an uncut hedge
(b) As boring as a tree
(c) A mouse
(d) An old plant
10. Who takes Alison's suitcase to the car?
(a) The Colonel
11. Who does the Colonel say would not understand Jimmy?
(a) His wife
(d) Mrs Tanner
12. Who does the Colonel say he understands?
(b) Mrs. Tanner
13. Why is it obvious something has happened to Allison's baby?
(a) She is crying.
(b) Jimmy asks her.
(c) She sings a song aout it.
(d) She looks ill.
14. Who plays the butt of the joke?
15. What does Cliff want to quit?
(a) The sweet stall business
(d) Reading newspapers
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Cliff remind Jimmy?
2. What do Jimmy and Helena want to do that night?
3. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What do Jimmy and Cliff do after the vaudeville routine?
5. In what year was the play written?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)