|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy find the letter?
(a) In Alison's purse
(b) Behind the gas stove
(c) In the wardrobe
(d) Under the armchair cushion
2. How old are both Cliff and Jimmy?
3. What does Alison say Jimmy makes up his mind to do?
(a) Buy an apartment
(b) Fall in love
(c) Sell sweets
4. What two things does Jimmy say are distracting him from listening to the radio?
(a) Gas stove and church bells
(b) Newspaper and iron
(c) Iron and gas stove
(d) Newspaper and church bells
5. Where are the two figurines positioned?
(a) Onthe bed
(b) On the wardrobe
(c) Ont he window sill
(d) On the chest of drawers
6. Who does Hugh's mother blame for Hugh's departure?
7. What does Cliff leave to get?
(a) His post
(b) New socks
(d) A newspaper
8. What does Jimmy say he would do if Helena slapped him?
(a) Call the police
(b) Jump out of the window
(c) Kiss her
(d) Slap her
9. What part of Alison is burned?
(a) Her finger
(b) Her cheek
(c) Her arm
(d) Her foot
10. How is Nigel related to Alison?
(a) Her cousin
(b) Her uncle
(c) Her brother
(d) Her step brother
11. Which character does not yet know about Alison's pregnancy?
12. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
(b) Making a phone call
13. What does Jimmy think is bad quality in this chapter?
14. What item of Cliff's clothes does Alison iron?
(a) His shirt
(b) His t-shirt
(c) His socks
(d) His pants
15. What animal does Jimmy play in their game?
(a) A squirrel
(b) A frog
(c) A rabbit
(d) A bear
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alison doing at the beginning of the scene?
2. To what does Jimmy say Helena looks forward?
3. What does Helena threaten to do to Jimmy?
4. What color are Jimmy's eyes?
5. What does Cliff assure Alison he will not do?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)