Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do the goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Discuss the values of 1950's Britain.
1) Why was the issue of class such an important issue at that time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think Britain was going through a transitional phase in the 1950's? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1950's Britain?
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does Osbourne use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do...
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)