|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say he has trouble with?
2. Who is Tony Atwood?
3. What unexpected force made it complicated to work at Milton Bradley?
4. What was John's lighting design for the Orlando show?
5. How does John characterize his second wife's treatment of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of special effects did John Robison create for KISS?
2. How does John characterize his relation with machines?
3. What makes John's new wife a good match for him?
4. What hope did John nourish, as he moved back to Amherst?
5. How did the Saul Pilgrim diagnosis change John's life?
6. How does John say he made the transition from Aspergian to almost normal?
7. What does John say about his difficulty with small-talk?
8. What is Chris' living situation while John is touring with rock bands?
9. Why does John say he gives people nicknames?
10. What does John say is the difference between people and machines, for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
What are the main two or three themes in "Look Me in the Eye"? What ideas or images return again and again? Which are the most important themes? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Debate the proposition that Asperger's syndrome made John's life much more interesting and meaningful than it would have been without it.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)