|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chris' emergency?
2. What was NOT a special effect did Ace Frehley asked John to rig up?
3. Where did John meet Chris when Chris said that it was urgent to talk to John?
4. What was John's first nickname for his brother?
5. What was John's nickname for his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of special effects did John Robison create for KISS?
2. Describe the conditions under which John flew first-class for the band.
3. What is Chris' living situation while John is touring with rock bands?
4. What metaphor does John use to describe what it feels like to be an Aspergian?
5. What recommendation does John make about marriage?
6. How does John say he made the transition from Aspergian to almost normal?
7. How does John characterize his relation with machines?
8. How did the Saul Pilgrim diagnosis change John's life?
9. Describe the job John took when he returned to the U.S.
10. Describe the conditions under which John learned that he had Asperger's syndrome.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What distinguishes this book from a novel? Does it matter that these events all supposedly happened? Would it change your opinion of the book if you found out that John Robison had exaggerated or created events?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is this book relevant to contemporary readers? What contemporary issues are addressed in the book, and how would the book contribute to contemporary discussion? Cite specific discussions from contemporary sources, and cite specific instances from the book, that describe its contemporary relevance.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)