|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say is his family's relationship with divorce?
2. What was John's nickname for his dog?
3. What job did John take that made him feel like he was fitting into the normal world?
4. What did John conclude from this prank going awry?
5. What tragedy struck John and Little Bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What recommendation does John make about marriage?
2. Why does John say he gives people nicknames?
3. What was John afraid of when his son was born?
4. How did the Saul Pilgrim diagnosis change John's life?
5. What does John get from his job as a sound and lighting engineer?
6. What kinds of special effects did John Robison create for KISS?
7. What does John say about his difficulty with small-talk?
8. What does John say about his relationships while he was on the road?
9. Describe the conditions under which John flew first-class for the band.
10. What hope did John nourish, as he moved back to Amherst?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main two or three themes in "Look Me in the Eye"? What ideas or images return again and again? Which are the most important themes? Why?
Essay Topic 2
John describes a lot of interesting characters in "Look Me in the Eye". Who is the most interesting character John describes, and what is unique and interesting about John's characterization of this person? How does John use language to bring out the person's uniqueness?
Essay Topic 3
What are the advantages and disadvantages of John's pranks? How do they help him? How do they hurt him?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)