|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John expect would happen because of his prank?
2. What force did John have at his fingertips?
3. What was John afraid of after his son's birth?
4. What unexpected force made it complicated to work at Milton Bradley?
5. How reliable were John's machines?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John characterize his relation with machines?
2. How does John characterize people with Asperger's syndrome?
3. Describe John's feelings about working in a corporation.
4. Describe the conditions under which John learned that he had Asperger's syndrome.
5. What kinds of names does John give people?
6. What happened when John's work was appropriated by another engineer?
7. What kinds of special effects did John Robison create for KISS?
8. What does John say about his difficulty with small-talk?
9. Describe the conditions under which John flew first-class for the band.
10. What hope did John nourish, as he moved back to Amherst?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is this book relevant to contemporary readers? What contemporary issues are addressed in the book, and how would the book contribute to contemporary discussion? Cite specific discussions from contemporary sources, and cite specific instances from the book, that describe its contemporary relevance.
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)