|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was John married?
2. What was NOT a special effect did Ace Frehley asked John to rig up?
3. What job did John take that made him feel like he was fitting into the normal world?
4. What happened to John's work on Dark Tower?
5. What did John conclude from this prank going awry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John's work was appropriated by another engineer?
2. What makes John's new wife a good match for him?
3. Describe the job John took when he returned to the U.S.
4. What does John say about his difficulty with small-talk?
5. What does John say about his relationships while he was on the road?
6. What reason does John give for moving back to Amherst?
7. What metaphor does John use to describe what it feels like to be an Aspergian?
8. What prank does John play on Chris when Chris comes to visit?
9. What kinds of special effects did John Robison create for KISS?
10. How did the Saul Pilgrim diagnosis change John's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How trustworthy is John Robison as a narrator? Do you believe what he says, or would you expect the facts to come out differently, if someone ever wrote a biography of him?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think was John Robison's main reason for writing this book? What evidence do you find, in the book, that this is his main reason? What other reasons might he have? Why do you think those reasons are less important?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)