1. What toy does the narrator play with at the beginning of Chapter 1: Imaginary Lines?
A beaded wire ball.
2. The difference between longitude and latitude is that latitude lines _____________ each other.
3. In AD 150, who plotted lines of longitude and latitude?
4. In the earliest lines of latitude, what marked the zero-degree line?
5. The placement of the prime meridian was a ____________ decision.
6. What is the main difference in measuring longitude and latitude?
Longitude is measured by time.
7. When measuring longitude, each hour of time difference between the ship and starting point marks a progress of how many degrees of longitude?
This section contains 4,626 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)