|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: In the Meridian Courtyard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mechanisms did the H-4 contain?
(a) Silver mechanisms.
(b) Diamond mechanisms.
(c) Copper mechanisms.
(d) Gold mechanisms.
2. What kind of solution to the longitude problem did the Board of Longitude originally desire?
(a) A clock based one.
(b) An astronomical one.
(c) A telescope based one.
(d) A map based one.
3. What did George Graham give Harrison?
(a) A model clock.
(b) A loan to build his first clock.
(c) A book on the mechanics of clockmaking.
(d) A pass to the Royal Observatory.
4. What is the size of the H-4?
(a) 2" x 2" x 2".
(b) Five inches in diameter.
(c) An area of six centimeters.
(d) 4" x 4" x 4".
5. What was Giovanni Domenico Cassini famous for?
(a) Sailing around the world.
(b) Discovering the moons of Jupiter.
(c) Inventing the pendulum clock.
(d) Publishing accurate maps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main point of Harrison's first presentation before the Board of Longitude?
2. What role did the Board of Longitude play?
3. What was the result of the test by Maskelyne of the H-4.
4. What was the size of the H1?
5. Why did Maskelyne think Harrison shouldn't win the longitude prize?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)