|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: In the Meridian Courtyard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harrison need to do to prove the H-4 worked?
(a) Label an astronomical map.
(b) Make two copies to prove that it could be duplicated.
(c) Take it apart and put it back together.
(d) Draw the plans before the Board of Longitude.
2. After the Association ran aground and the captain's body was found, what of value was found on him?
(a) An emerald ring.
(b) A pendulum clock.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A pouch of spices.
3. What country was Thomas Godfrey from?
(c) United States.
4. The members of the Board of Longitude were members of which class of society?
(a) The working class.
(b) The elite class.
(c) The royal class.
(d) The seafaring class.
5. How many sailors died near the Scilly Islands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepared the pocket watch for the assembly line?
2. What was one of Harrison's innovations?
3. Who did Harrison first contact when he arrived in London?
4. What kind of solution to the longitude problem did the Board of Longitude originally desire?
5. What disease afflicted many sailors at sea for long periods of time?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)