|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: A Tale of Two Portraits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main problem with the lunar method was that it took a great deal of ________________.
2. How long did Harrison work before receiving his monetary reward?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. Besides clocks, what was Hooke known for?
(a) A cartologist, a botanist, and an astrologist.
(b) A biologist, a surveyor, and a physicist.
(c) A capitalist, a dramatist, and an environmentalist.
(d) An astronomer, a geologist, and a realist.
4. What did Harrison complete in 1759?
5. When Harrison was asked to hand his plans over to the British government, what was his reaction?
(a) He was devastated and burned them.
(b) He was jovial and handed them over.
(c) He was furious, but complied.
(d) He was excited to share his plans with more people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harrison build that still function today?
2. What year was Harrison born?
3. Tobias Mayer was a ____________.
4. Where did Newton believe the answer to the longitude problem lie?
5. How many more times accurate was the H-4 than the Longitude Act required?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)