|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Cogmaker's Journal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harrison was an avid ___________.
(c) Cricket player.
2. What role did the Board of Longitude play?
(a) Test the various proposals to the solution to longitude.
(b) Bring an international committee to review the longitude problem.
(c) Provided funding for research to solve the longitude problem.
(d) Unite angered seamen around the longitude prolem.
3. What was built at Greenwich Park?
(a) The Paris Observatory.
(b) The Royal Observatory.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) The Celestial Palace.
4. How was John Harrison educated?
(a) He learned alongside Newton.
(b) He attended elementary school in his town.
(c) He went to Oxford.
(d) He had no formal education.
5. How is the fog described at the beginning of Chapter 2: The Sea Before Time?
(a) "London fog."
(b) "Pea soup."
(d) "Dirty weather."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sailors died near the Scilly Islands?
2. Who came up with a way to draw longitude meridians on the night sky?
3. What was Flamsteed's title?
4. How many times was Harrison married?
5. What was Harrison's most prized accomplishment?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)