|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Cogmaker's Journal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete this analogy from Chapter 4:Time in a Bottle: Time is to clock as mind is to ____________.
2. What was Giovanni Domenico Cassini famous for?
(a) Discovering the moons of Jupiter.
(b) Sailing around the world.
(c) Inventing the pendulum clock.
(d) Publishing accurate maps.
3. Who completed the first working pendulum clock?
(a) Thomas Blundeville.
(c) Christian Huygens.
4. How long did Harrison work before receiving his monetary reward?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 50 years.
5. Early clocks weren't up to measuring longitude at sea for two reasons. They were not accurate and changed because of what while at sea?
(a) Speed of the boat.
(d) Rocking of the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the punishment for mutiny on the Association?
2. In the earliest lines of latitude, what marked the zero-degree line?
3. Which of the following was NOT an early player in the quest for the longitude prize?
4. After the Association ran aground and the captain's body was found, what of value was found on him?
5. What was Huygens best known as?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)