|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Cogmaker's Journal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the quote at the beginning of Chapter 3: Adrift in a Clockwork Universe have the author dreaming he is locked in?
(a) In a hidden basement.
(b) In a ship.
(c) In his father's watch.
(d) On the moon.
2. When did Harrison learn of the Longitude Prize?
3. How is the fog described at the beginning of Chapter 2: The Sea Before Time?
(a) "Dirty weather."
(c) "London fog."
(d) "Pea soup."
4. How accurate was the solution to longitude to be?
(a) Exact, no room for error.
(b) At least five degrees.
(c) Within half a degree.
(d) Less than ten degrees.
5. What year was Harrison born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Longitude Act of 1714 establish?
2. Hooke nor Huygens were able to:
3. What did Huygens and Hooke fight over?
4. What was the official title of the monetary award for solving the longitude problem?
5. The Parliamentary committee assembled to respond to the problem of longitude relied on which two experts?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)