|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Cogmaker's Journal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In AD 150, who plotted lines of longitude and latitude?
2. After the Association ran aground and the captain's body was found, what of value was found on him?
(a) A pendulum clock.
(b) An emerald ring.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A pouch of spices.
3. How old was Harrison when he built his first pendulum clock?
(a) Less than 20.
4. Which of the following was NOT an early player in the quest for the longitude prize?
5. Who was Harrison's right-hand man in building clocks?
(a) His father, Joe.
(b) His son, Jon.
(c) His son, William.
(d) His friend, Newton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Huygens and Hooke fight over?
2. Where does the quote at the beginning of Chapter 3: Adrift in a Clockwork Universe have the author dreaming he is locked in?
3. At the end of Chapter 6: The Prize, how had Newton changed his thinking about the longitude problem?
4. Complete this analogy from Chapter 4:Time in a Bottle: Time is to clock as mind is to ____________.
5. Who built a watch within a vacuum that could tell stable time?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)