|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Adrift in a Clockwork Universe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Association ran aground and the captain's body was found, what of value was found on him?
(a) An emerald ring.
(b) A pouch of spices.
(c) A pendulum clock.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. The placement of the prime meridian was a ____________ decision.
3. What was Flamsteed's title?
(a) "French stars master."
(b) "Astronomical observator."
(c) "Celestial navigator."
(d) "King of naval longitude."
4. What was the name of the Portugese ship described in Chapter 2: The Sea Before Time that ran into a Spanish fleet?
(d) Madre de Deus.
5. What unusual occurrence helped in early navigation at sea?
(b) Solar and lunar eclipses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harrison's clocks were referred to as:
2. Who explained the moons of Jupiter with the velocity of light?
3. When measuring longitude, each hour of time difference between the ship and starting point marks a progress of how many degrees of longitude?
4. Where was the destination the Centurion was sailing for?
5. In AD 150, who plotted lines of longitude and latitude?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)