|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: The Second Voyage of Captain James Cook.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did William sail on the second test of H-4?
(a) The United States.
(c) The West Indies.
2. What toy does the narrator play with at the beginning of Chapter 1: Imaginary Lines?
(a) A yo-yo.
(b) A globe.
(c) A beaded wire ball.
(d) A spinning top.
3. What did King Louis XIV of France complain about with more accurate measures of longitude?
(a) That sea travel became more treacherous.
(b) That the economic costs of not knowing longitude were bankrupting his country.
(c) That maps based on stars were inaccurate.
(d) That he was losing more territory to his astronomers than his enemies.
4. What did WIlliam Whiston contribute to the longitude debate?
(a) He proposed using the moon and the stars.
(b) He proposed using sound and light.
(c) He proposed using a telescope and a compass.
(d) He proposed using animals and sound.
5. What did Harrison build that still function today?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who aided Harrison in building the H-3?
2. After successfully testing the H-4, how much of the Longitude Prize did Harrison receive?
3. What was Giovanni Domenico Cassini famous for?
4. Who built a watch within a vacuum that could tell stable time?
5. Which clock was capable of winning Harrison the Longitude Prize?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)