|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Wesley and his brother doing as Rosacoke approaches the house?
2. Why does Wesley write a letter to Rosacoke the following week?
3. What does Rosacoke do when she arrives home?
4. Why can Rosacoke not return home on foot?
5. What does Rosacoke do with the letter she writes to Wesley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
Rosacoke shows signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Rosacoke is a mature young woman and note why you selected the examples.
Essay Topic 3
The uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the story. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)