|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosacoke want to park the car and wait?
2. Which of the following does Rosacoke NOT tell Wesley in a letter?
3. The situation of Rosacoke's pregnancy at the time of her brother's baby dying is what type of literary technique?
4. Who is the person carrying the lantern?
5. What does Rosacoke do with the letter she writes to Wesley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the story A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Disappointment takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)