|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the noise Rosacoke hears?
2. What does Rosacoke do after the funeral?
3. What is the name of the person whose funeral Rosacoke is going to attend?
4. What does Rosacoke demand from Wesley after the insult regarding Willie?
5. How much time passes before Rosacoke writes a letter to Wesley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Mustians like Mr. Isaac so well?
2. How does Willie Duke create a stir with her return home?
3. What does Rosacoke do while the family goes to the Christmas pageant at church?
4. What is the premise of A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE?
5. What points does the author make about the nature of change?
6. What does Wesley mean by the word "repercussions" in his letter?
7. What is an important theme in the story?
8. How do Sissie and Milo cope with the death of their baby?
9. What is Mr. Isaac's condition when Rosacoke visits him?
10. What does Sammy ask Rosacoke regarding Wesley and what is her response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosacoke shows signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Rosacoke is a mature young woman and note why you selected the examples.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)