|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sissie especially uncomfortable in the heat?
(a) She has a cast on her leg.
(b) She has allergies.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has the flu.
2. Rosacoke knows she will be the only ___________ person at the funeral.
3. Why is Rato missing from the picnic?
(a) He's just running late.
(b) He is serving in the army.
(c) He has to work.
(d) He is ill.
4. Why does Rosacoke not want to go to the picnic?
(a) She won't know anybody there.
(b) She has a migraine.
(c) She is too sad from the funeral.
(d) She doesn't have anything to wear.
5. Who is the baby of Rosacoke's family?
(a) Little Thing.
(b) Baby Sister.
(d) Little Bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Rosacoke been dating Wesley?
2. What does Rosacoke get from Wesley in response to her letter?
3. What is Rosacoke riding on when the story begins?
4. How much time passes before Rosacoke writes a letter to Wesley?
5. Where does Rosacoke decide to cool off on the way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rosacoke's major dilemma as presented in Chapter 1?
2. Explain the social and cultural significance of the scene at the pond.
3. Rosacoke joins her family members at the picnic. Who are they?
4. Why is Rosacoke needed so urgently at the church?
5. What does Rosacoke plan to do when it gets too late after visiting with Mildred's family?
6. How is it that Wesley drives Rosacoke home?
7. Describe Wesley's behavior at the picnic and why Rosacoke is so annoyed with him.
8. What had Rosacoke thought Rato might be able to do for her when he came home?
9. What is the premise of A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE?
10. How does Willie Duke create a stir with her return home?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)