|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Today is the day of the Delight Baptist Church _______________.
(b) Ice cream social.
(c) Fall Festival.
(d) Sunday supper.
2. What is the source of the noise Rosacoke hears?
(a) A fox.
(c) A dog.
(d) A vagabond.
3. What does Rosacoke do after the funeral?
(a) Calls a cab.
(b) Waits for Wesley.
(c) Gets a ride with a friend.
(d) Begins to walk home.
4. What is Rosacoke's mother's name?
5. What is Wesley's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosacoke resist Wesley's romantic advances?
2. What is Rosacoke's married brother's name?
3. Who is the protagonist of A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE?
4. Who is the author of A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE?
5. What does Rosacoke get from Wesley in response to her letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wesley do during the funeral that embarrasses Rosacoke?
2. What points does the author make about the nature of change?
3. Where does Rosacoke go after her mother has talked to her about Wesley?
4. Why is Rosacoke needed so urgently at the church?
5. Where does Rosacoke stop during her walk and with whom does she speak?
6. What does Rosacoke want Wesley to do after he disappoints her at the picnic?
7. How does A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE begin?
8. What does Sammy ask Rosacoke regarding Wesley and what is her response?
9. How does Willie Duke create a stir with her return home?
10. Explain how Rosacoke and Wesley still have a huge disconnect in their relationship.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)