|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of this novel?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) A Long and Happy Life.
(d) The Red Badge of Courage.
2. What does Wesley want to do after everyone else leaves the picnic?
(a) Go skinny dipping.
(b) Lure Rosacoke into the trees for an intimate encounter.
(c) Smoke some pot.
(d) Go to a drive-in movie.
3. What is one of the things that Rosacoke mentions in her letter to Wesley?
(a) The heat.
(b) Her mother's illness.
(c) Her new job.
(d) The rain.
4. Which of the following of Rosacoke's family members did NOT attend the picnic?
5. In what city does Wesley live?
(c) Virginia Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mildred trying to hide the last time Rosacoke saw her?
2. What is Wesley's last name?
3. What does Rosacoke look for in the woods?
4. What is the source of the noise Rosacoke hears?
5. On whose motorcycle is Rosacoke riding as the story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rosacoke humiliated by Wesley on Sunday and how does she spend the afternoon?
2. Describe the ride in Wesley's car and the intimate encounter that ensues.
3. Who barges into Mr. Isaac's home in search of Rosacoke?
4. Why do the Mustians like Mr. Isaac so well?
5. How does Mrs. Mustian try to guide Rosacoke's thoughts about Wesley's part in her life?
6. What does Rosacoke plan to do when it gets too late after visiting with Mildred's family?
7. Why is Rosacoke needed so urgently at the church?
8. What is it about the the passengers on the plane that both shocks and hurts Rosacoke?
9. How does A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE begin?
10. What is Rosacoke's answer to Wesley's idea that they get married.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)