|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The situation of Rosacoke's pregnancy at the time of her brother's baby dying is what type of literary technique?
2. Why is Rosacoke's family in mourning?
(a) Sissie's baby was born dead.
(b) Milo has died.
(c) Rosacoke's mother has died.
(d) Rato has died.
3. What are Wesley and his brother doing as Rosacoke approaches the house?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Playing harmonica.
4. Who interrupts Sammy and Rosacoke's conversation?
(a) Miss Marina.
(b) Miss Marnie.
(c) Miss Melissa.
(d) Miss Minnie.
5. Who is with Wesley when Rosacoke approaches the Beaver house?
(a) His brother.
(b) Willie's fiance.
(d) His uncle.
6. Who is Rosacoke going to photograph?
(a) Mr. Isaacs.
(b) Willie and her fiance.
(c) Mildred's baby.
7. Why can Rosacoke not return home on foot?
(a) There is an escaped convict in the area.
(b) It is too dark.
(c) There is a snowstorm.
(d) It is raining hard.
8. How could the beginning part of the ride be described?
9. What is noteworthy about Rosacoke's relationship with Mildred and Sammy?
(a) She is in a different class than they are.
(b) She is much older than they are.
(c) She is much younger than they are.
(d) She is white and they are black.
10. Wesley's nature can best be described as _______________.
11. Which of the following does Rosacoke NOT tell Wesley in a letter?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She broke her leg.
(c) She won't be surprised if he doesn't come see her at Christmas.
(d) She takes responsibility for what happened.
12. How far does Rosacoke think she can walk safely?
(a) To the Cherry Creek bridge.
(b) To the power plant.
(c) To the Beaver household.
(d) To the church.
13. What startles Rosacoke at Mr. Isaac's pond?
(a) An owl.
(b) An approaching light.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A gunshot.
14. Rosacoke's mother tells her about ____________________.
(a) Her ancestors.
(b) Her own past mistakes.
(c) Sewing techniques.
15. What diverts Wesley and Rosacoke's attention?
(a) A crack from the radio.
(b) A sudden thunderstorm.
(c) An animal running across the road.
(d) A flat tire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wesley want to spend Thanksgiving with Rosacoke?
2. What does Wesley want to know by writing to Rosacoke?
3. Who is Miss Marina?
4. What happens between Rosacoke and Wesley while they wait in the woods?
5. Why has Sammy come out to the pond?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)