|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Wesley and his brother when Rosacoke approaches the house?
(a) The barn.
(b) The garage.
(c) The porch.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Sammy give to Rosacoke before she leaves for home?
(a) A book.
(b) A thermos.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A bucket of fish.
3. How does Wesley radically alter the romantic mood between Rosacoke and Wesley?
(a) He tells her he is engaged to someone else.
(b) He makes fun of her ears.
(c) He calls out another girl's name in the heat of passion.
(d) He answers his cell phone.
4. What had Rosacoke's mother thought she could do with her husband after marriage?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Educate him.
(c) Change him.
(d) Coddle him.
5. What is Rosacoke's mother's marital state?
6. Who interrupts Sammy and Rosacoke's conversation?
(a) Miss Melissa.
(b) Miss Marnie.
(c) Miss Minnie.
(d) Miss Marina.
7. When does the story in Chapter 2 begin?
(a) New Year's morning.
(b) On Christmas Day.
(c) The morning after Willie returns by plane.
(d) On April Fool's Day.
8. Where does Rosacoke go with her family?
(b) Family reunion.
9. According to Sammy, everyone in town thinks that Rosacoke ____________________________.
(a) Has a hold on Wesley by now.
(b) Will move to Denver.
(c) Should have gone to college.
(d) Is the prettiest girl in town.
10. What does Wesley want to know by writing to Rosacoke?
(a) If she can come for Christmas.
(b) If there have been any repercussions from their encounter in the woods.
(c) If she still loves him.
(d) If he left her jacket at her house.
11. What news does Rosacoke give Wesley in a letter?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is going away to college.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is in love with him.
12. Why is the relationship between Rosacoke and Mildred and Sammy significant in the 1960s?
(a) Segregation is the rule in Southern states.
(b) The war in Vietnam is unpopular in the South.
(c) Social standing is still prevalent in the South.
(d) They all met Martin Luther King Jr. at a rally.
13. Why is Rosacoke's family in mourning?
(a) Rosacoke's mother has died.
(b) Rato has died.
(c) Milo has died.
(d) Sissie's baby was born dead.
14. Who is the person carrying the lantern?
(a) Mr. Isaacs.
15. What does Wesley decide to do?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Drive Rosacoke home.
(c) Play a song for Rosacoke.
(d) Go to town for cold beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rosacoke hide all Sunday afternoon?
2. Why does Rosacoke want to park the car and wait?
3. Why is Rosacoke disappointed?
4. Who is Sammy?
5. What does Rosacoke do on a Sunday to think about her future as a mother?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)