|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mustian think Milo is doing when he disappears?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Smokes marijuana.
(c) Goes to the cemetery.
(d) Has an affair.
2. What does Rosacoke decide to do so as not to arouse any suspicions about her possible pregnancy?
(a) Take a night class.
(b) Get up early for work and do chores until midnight.
(c) Tutor some grade school kids.
(d) Volunteer at the hospital.
3. Where does Rosacoke stop while out walking?
(a) Mr. Isaac's pond.
(c) The cafe.
(d) The library.
4. Why has Sammy come out to the pond?
(a) To go skinny dipping.
(b) To see what has disturbed the guineas.
(c) To dig for nightcrawlers.
(d) To do some midnight fishing.
5. Who is with Wesley when Rosacoke approaches the Beaver house?
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Willie's fiance.
6. What does Wesley mean by "repercussions?"
(a) If Rosacoke failed her mid terms because she was with him and didn't study.
(b) If Rosacoke is pregnant.
(c) If Rosacoke's mother is angry for him driving into her garden.
(d) If Rosacoke got in trouble for being out too late.
7. Why is Rosacoke going to photograph Mildred's baby?
(a) To publish a birth announcement in the paper.
(b) So that long distance relatives can see what he looks like.
(c) To make Christmas cards.
(d) To put it in the church bulletin.
8. What are Wesley and his brother doing as Rosacoke approaches the house?
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Playing harmonica.
9. Who has not shown up for church services?
10. How does Wesley radically alter the romantic mood between Rosacoke and Wesley?
(a) He tells her he is engaged to someone else.
(b) He makes fun of her ears.
(c) He calls out another girl's name in the heat of passion.
(d) He answers his cell phone.
11. What is noteworthy about Rosacoke's relationship with Mildred and Sammy?
(a) She is in a different class than they are.
(b) She is much younger than they are.
(c) She is much older than they are.
(d) She is white and they are black.
12. Why is Rosacoke humiliated?
(a) Wesley has not come to call.
(b) She fell down the church steps.
(c) Her dress ripped in church.
(d) She burped in church.
13. What does Wesley want to know by writing to Rosacoke?
(a) If she can come for Christmas.
(b) If he left her jacket at her house.
(c) If there have been any repercussions from their encounter in the woods.
(d) If she still loves him.
14. How long does Rosacoke stay with Mildred's family that day?
(a) A couple hours.
(b) Just long enough to snap a couple pictures.
(d) Quite awhile.
15. Who does Rosacoke see at church?
(b) Mildred's baby.
(c) Willie's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sammy?
2. What does Wesley decide to do?
3. Who is the person carrying the lantern?
4. Why is the relationship between Rosacoke and Mildred and Sammy significant in the 1960s?
5. Where does Rosacoke hide all Sunday afternoon?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)