|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mildred trying to hide the last time Rosacoke saw her?
(a) A torn dress.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) A bruise on her face.
(d) A bad haircut.
2. Where is the picnic held?
(a) The city park.
(b) The church yard.
(c) The lake.
(d) The state park.
3. What does Rosacoke think Wesley has grown accustomed to during his service in the Navy?
(a) Loose women.
(c) Taking orders.
(d) Bad food.
4. Who else arrived with Willie and her fiance on the plane?
(a) Wesley's new wife.
(b) Willie's boss.
(c) Willie's sister.
5. The funeral that Rosacoke is going to is that of ____________________.
(a) A teacher.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A second cousin.
(d) A childhood friend.
6. What is Milo's wife's name?
7. Rosacoke knows she will be the only ___________ person at the funeral.
8. What does Rosacoke get from Wesley in response to her letter?
(b) A letter.
(c) A post card.
(d) A telegram.
9. Why is Rosacoke mad at Wesley at the end of the chapter?
(a) He arrived on the plane but never came to see her.
(b) He broke up with her on Christmas Eve.
(c) He ran his cycle through her mother's garden.
(d) He forgot her birthday.
10. How long has Rosacoke been dating Wesley?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
11. What is Rosacoke's mother's name?
12. Wesley tells Rosacoke that ______________ has asked for a ride to Roanoke with him.
(a) Willie Douglas.
(b) Willie Duke.
(c) Waylon Duke.
(d) Willie Stewart.
13. What is Rosacoke riding on when the story begins?
14. Why is Sissie especially uncomfortable in the heat?
(a) She has a cast on her leg.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has allergies.
15. What does Wesley want to do after everyone else leaves the picnic?
(a) Smoke some pot.
(b) Lure Rosacoke into the trees for an intimate encounter.
(c) Go to a drive-in movie.
(d) Go skinny dipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE?
2. Why is Rato missing from the picnic?
3. What does Rosacoke do after the funeral?
4. How does Rosacoke feel when Wesley roars off during the funeral?
5. How much time passes before Rosacoke writes a letter to Wesley?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)