|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosacoke not want to go to the picnic?
(a) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(b) She won't know anybody there.
(c) She has a migraine.
(d) She is too sad from the funeral.
2. What is Wesley's last name?
3. How did Mildred behave when Rosacoke last saw her?
4. Which of the following does Rosacoke NOT wish to get from Wesley?
5. Who is the protagonist of A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE?
(a) Rosacoke Martin.
(b) Rosacoke Mustian.
(c) Rosalie Mustian.
(d) Rosemarie Mustian.
6. On whose motorcycle is Rosacoke riding as the story begins?
7. What does Rosacoke look for in the woods?
(b) A spring.
8. Who is the baby of Rosacoke's family?
(a) Little Bit.
(b) Baby Sister.
(c) Little Thing.
9. Who do Rosacoke and Wesley join at the picnic?
(a) Wesley's army buddes.
(b) Wesley's family.
(c) Rosacoke's family.
(d) Rosacoke's best friends.
10. Why is Willie Duke moving to Roanoke?
(a) To live with her aunt.
(b) To work in a beauty salon.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To work in a restaurant.
11. What is the source of the noise Rosacoke hears?
(a) A dog.
(c) A fox.
(d) A vagabond.
12. Wesley tells Rosacoke that ______________ has asked for a ride to Roanoke with him.
(a) Waylon Duke.
(b) Willie Duke.
(c) Willie Stewart.
(d) Willie Douglas.
13. Why does Willie Duke make a stir when she returns home?
(a) She arrives in the private plane of her new fiance.
(b) She has a platinum beehive hairstyle.
(c) She has a baby with her.
(d) She is wearing a micro mini skirt.
14. Where does Willie's fiance land his plane?
(a) The middle of a pasture.
(b) The local golf course.
(c) Mr. Isaac's field.
(d) The hospital grounds.
15. Today is the day of the Delight Baptist Church _______________.
(a) Ice cream social.
(b) Fall Festival.
(c) Sunday supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosacoke want to know when she sends another letter?
2. What does Wesley want to do after everyone else leaves the picnic?
3. Which of the following of Rosacoke's family members did NOT attend the picnic?
4. What is Rosacoke riding on when the story begins?
5. What does Rosacoke demand from Wesley after the insult regarding Willie?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)