|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time Rosacoke saw Mildred?
(a) A couple years ago.
(b) Last Thanksgiving.
(c) Last week.
(d) Last winter.
2. How does Wesley reply to Rosacoke's question about their relationship?
(a) Maybe they can talk when he comes home.
(b) He has found someone new.
(c) He is not ready for a relationship.
(d) He is in love with her.
3. What does Rosacoke do after the funeral?
(a) Begins to walk home.
(b) Waits for Wesley.
(c) Calls a cab.
(d) Gets a ride with a friend.
4. Who else arrived with Willie and her fiance on the plane?
(b) Willie's boss.
(c) Wesley's new wife.
(d) Willie's sister.
5. What does Wesley want to do after everyone else leaves the picnic?
(a) Smoke some pot.
(b) Go skinny dipping.
(c) Go to a drive-in movie.
(d) Lure Rosacoke into the trees for an intimate encounter.
6. What is the name of this novel?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) A Long and Happy Life.
(c) The Red Badge of Courage.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
7. What is Rosacoke riding on when the story begins?
8. Who is the author of A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE?
(a) Justin Price.
(b) Price Reynolds.
(c) Reynolds Hall.
(d) Reynolds Price.
9. Who do Rosacoke and Wesley join at the picnic?
(a) Rosacoke's best friends.
(b) Wesley's family.
(c) Wesley's army buddes.
(d) Rosacoke's family.
10. Who is the baby of Rosacoke's family?
(a) Little Bit.
(c) Baby Sister.
(d) Little Thing.
11. Rosacoke knows she will be the only ___________ person at the funeral.
12. Where does Wesley wait for Rosacoke while she attends the funeral?
(a) On his cycle.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) At home.
(d) In a cafe.
13. What is Rosacoke's mother's name?
14. Why is Sissie especially uncomfortable in the heat?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She has allergies.
(c) She has a cast on her leg.
(d) She is pregnant.
15. Why does Rosacoke resist Wesley's romantic advances?
(a) It is against her religion.
(b) He smells bad.
(c) He has hurt her feelings.
(d) He has never declared love for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wesley's response when Rosacoke asks if Willie is part of his future plans?
2. In what state does A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE take place?
3. Why is Willie Duke moving to Roanoke?
4. How did Mildred behave when Rosacoke last saw her?
5. On whose motorcycle is Rosacoke riding as the story begins?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)