|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Milo's wife's name?
2. What is an important theme in Chapter 3?
(a) Coming of age.
(b) The life-death-life cycle.
(c) Unconditional love.
3. What is Rosacoke's job?
(a) Telephone operator.
(b) Dress store salesgirl.
(d) Grocery store cashier.
4. What does Milo do in the weeks following the death of the baby?
(a) Kicks the dog.
(b) Cries constantly.
(c) Acts as if nothing is wrong.
(d) Disappears for hours at a time.
5. What startles Rosacoke at Mr. Isaac's pond?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) An approaching light.
(d) An owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosacoke going to take to Mildred's baby?
2. What does Wesley mean by "repercussions?"
3. In what room does Rosacoke visit Mr. Isaacs?
4. Why does Wesley write a letter to Rosacoke the following week?
5. What is one of the things that Rosacoke mentions in her letter to Wesley?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)