|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosacoke stay home?
(a) To study.
(b) To wrap gifts.
(c) To be with Sissie.
(d) To bake cookies.
2. Who does Rosacoke feel should bear the burden of her child?
(a) Wesley should take care of it.
(b) She and Wesley together should take care of it.
(c) She and her mother will manage the situation.
(d) She herself should bear the burden.
3. Which of the following is NOT a motif that author wants to define?
(a) Nothing in life is static.
(b) Relationships always change for good or bad.
(c) Growth is the outcome to change.
(d) Good things come to those who wait.
4. Why does Wesley write a letter to Rosacoke the following week?
(a) To apologize.
(b) To invite her for Thanksgiving.
(c) To propose to her.
(d) To send her money.
5. What is an important theme in Chapter 3?
(a) The life-death-life cycle.
(c) Unconditional love.
(d) Coming of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who barges into the bedroom while Rosacoke and Mr. Isaacs are talking?
2. What does Rosacoke get from Wesley in response to her letter?
3. Which of the following of Rosacoke's family members did NOT attend the picnic?
4. Rosacoke knows she will be the only ___________ person at the funeral.
5. Which of the following does Rosacoke NOT tell Wesley in a letter?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)