|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 11: Freedom - Chapter 100 - 115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men in total are transferred from Pretoria Local to Robben Island in Chapter 59?
2. How many years was the ANC an illegal organization before de Klerk lifted its ban?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 23 years.
3. Why does Nelson march with Gaur in 1943?
(a) In support of the National Party.
(b) In support of the Alexandra bus boycott.
(c) As a symbolic gesture to join the Communist Party.
(d) To protest the new land laws in Alexandra.
4. What is the nickname given to Nelson's new military arm of the ANC?
5. What is the symbol adopted for Nelson's new military arm of the ANC?
(b) Peace Sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the watchman find in Nelson's suitcase in Chapter 9?
2. What conditions does Nelson request for his release in Chapter 99?
3. What does Nelson start on his 57th birthday?
4. What color are the uniforms given to the prisoners when they reach Robben Island?
5. What does Nelson convince the 25 MK prisoners on Robben Island of in Chapter 105?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)