|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mickey say to Kacey when Kacey tells her that she is pregnant and Simon is the father?
2. What convinces Mickey that Kacey's baby really is Simon's?
3. Who answers the door at the house Mickey arrives at on Christmas night after leaving Thomas with Mrs. Mahon?
4. Why does Mickey check the floorboard in Gee's house where she and Kacey used to leave things for each other?
5. What is on the house that Truman says he met Connor in in Part III?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paula Mulroney refuse to make a report on the information she has about the murder suspect in Part III?
2. Why does Gee despise Mickey's father so much?
3. How does Sergeant Ahearn react when Mickey tells him that she suspects male police officers have been abusing women on the streets in her patrol area?
4. In Part IV, why is Mickey so frantic when she comes home to find Bethany and Thomas gone?
5. How does Mickey feel about the months that Kacey spends living with Mickey after leaving prison?
6. In Part III, what happens at Thomas's birthday party that is a disaster?
7. Where does it turn out that Bethany and Thomas were during the time they were missing?
8. In Part III, how does Thomas react to having Mrs. Mahon for a babysitter?
9. In Part IV, what does Mickey do to Truman that she is deeply ashamed of the following morning?
10. Why does Truman tell Mickey he is not rejoining the police force?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring Moore's treatment of the theme of trust throughout the novel, especially as it relates to Mickey's relationships with those closest to her.
Essay Topic 2
How does Mickey really feel about the neighborhood she has long patrolled as a police officer, and about its people? Write an essay explaining your answers, citing specific references to the text to help support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the significance and meaning of the novel's title, Long Bright River.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)