|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Simon go in Part III when Mickey follows him?
2. What is one of the major things Truman and Mickey used to bond over?
3. What did Mickey do as Kacey moved out of her house in Port Richmond?
4. What does Mrs. Mahon tell Mickey about where the tattoo was placed on the man who came looking for Mickey?
5. Where is Truman's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sergeant Ahearn react when Mickey tells him that she suspects male police officers have been abusing women on the streets in her patrol area?
2. In Part IV, why does Detective DiPaolo tell Mickey Simon Cleare can not be a viable suspect?
3. How does Mickey feel about Alonzo's coffee shop?
4. How does Mickey feel about the months that Kacey spends living with Mickey after leaving prison?
5. In Part IV, why is Mickey so frantic when she comes home to find Bethany and Thomas gone?
6. In Part IV, what terrible mistake does Mickey make when talking to Kacey about Simon and Kacey's pregancy?
7. How does Mickey think the officers who come to her house perceive her when she reports Thomas missing?
8. In Part III, what does Mickey learn from Simon at Thomas's birthday party that really frightens her?
9. Why does Mickey end up confiding in Mrs. Mahon on the day that she calls the police to help find Thomas?
10. In Part III, what happens at Thomas's birthday party that is a disaster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think are the main factors that contribute to Mickey's problems navigating the office culture and inner-workings of her police department? Write an essay explaining your answers, citing specific references to the text to help support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
How do Mickey's feelings about, and memories of, her mother affect her relationship with Gee? Write an essay explaining your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the various descriptions of babies throughout the novel - Mickey's love for Thomas; Kacey's yearning to see Thomas; Mrs. Mahon's volunteer work with the babies going through withdrawal; and the conclusion of the novel with Kacey, Mickey, and Mrs. Mahon in the NICU. Write an essay describing the different meanings and symbolism Moore bestows upon babies throughout the book.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)