|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of Victor's girlfriends afraid of him?
2. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
3. How does Victor's family watch television?
4. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
5. What does Victor think about Nora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of Victor looking at himself in the mirrors in the house of mirrors at the carnival? How does this symbolism relate to the rest of the novel? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of salvation featured in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book to support your response.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)