|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor imagine that an Indian invents?
2. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
3. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
4. What hurtful thing does John-John imagine about Joseph's return?
5. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's job title?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is humor in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? What sort of humor prevails? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why are the characters on the Spokane Indian reservation opposed to assimilation into the mainstream culture? Why do the the reservation Indians shun the urban Indians? Is it likely that a person's cultural background is totally erased? Use evidence from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why basketball is important in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. Explain how two or three of the purposes the motif serves are related to one another. Use examples from the book in your response.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)