|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor's father's advice about remembering the past?
2. How old is Victor when he is introduced to the reader?
3. What does Victor do when his white lover leaves him?
4. What is the result of the state final basketball game that Victor's high school team plays?
5. What happens when Victor and the waitress try to become intimate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
2. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
3. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
4. What is Victor's father's view on war?
5. What is Victor's opinion about 7-11 stores?
6. What happens when Victor drives to a wealthy neighborhood after he has a fight with his girlfriend?
7. What happens to Victor's aunt and a mouse?
8. What does Victor think the trouble on the Indian reservation stems from?
9. According to Victor, what kind of economic development do their ancestors laugh about?
10. Why is Victor amazed at the waitress he meets at the fry bread stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What attitudes or traditions about American Indians does Alexie apparently wish to change? What techniques does the author use to influence the reader's views? Use specifics from the novel in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of family and Alexie's presentation of the family on the reservation. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Sherman Alexie says "My only purpose is to teach children to rebel against authority figures." Is there evidence of this advice in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use specifics from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)