|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor think that James does in 1973?
2. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
3. Victor falls back on drinking the day his white lover returns, but what does he attempt to do that day?
4. Why do the Indians hear sirens in 1967?
5. What is the name of Victor's pony in his hallucination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Victor's reaction when he misses his white lover?
2. What is Victor's opinion about 7-11 stores?
3. What is Dirty Joe's condition when Sadie and Victor find him at the carnival?
4. How does Victor convince the carny to assist Sadie and him with their incident with Dirty Joe at the Carnival?
5. How does Victor's father kill a man?
6. What is Victor's opinion about Indian names?
7. How do Victor and his friend Adrian play with a BB gun?
8. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
9. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
10. What does the Witness Protection Program ask Victor's father about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1How do missing fathers impact some of the stories in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? How does this lack contribute to Victor's feeling of abandonment? Use specific answers from the the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 2How does Alexie use Victor and Thomas to typify two stereotypical roles of the warrior and shaman? How do these stereotyped characters function to achieve the author's purpose? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3Discuss the concept of family and Alexie's presentation of the family on the reservation. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)