|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor's father tell him about his mother?
2. What is Victor's aunt's reaction to her husband and son's treatment during the mouse incident?
3. How old is Victor when he is introduced to the reader?
4. Which is a story that Thomas Builds-a-Fire tells during his trial?
5. Victor says that Indians do not care whether the glass is half-full or half empty. Then what do the Indians care about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Urban Indians?
2. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
3. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. What does the Witness Protection Program ask Victor's father about?
5. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
6. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him at the fry bread stand?
7. What is Victor's commentary about the situation on the reservation?
8. What does John-John imagine when he thinks he hears a jet land outside?
9. What happens when Victor drives to a wealthy neighborhood after he has a fight with his girlfriend?
10. Why is Victor amazed at the waitress he meets at the fry bread stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the idea of salvation featured in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is Victor's relationship with religion and tradition? Why does he have a sudden need for tradition when his father dies? How is the past both a destructive and a redemptive force in the novel? Use examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 1,548 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)