|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire do during the incident twenty years ago?
2. What does Victor do after he reaches his conclusion about the waitress?
3. What is the result of the state final basketball game that Victor's high school team plays?
4. Why is Victor's father against fighting for the United States in the Vietnam War?
5. Why is Thomas Builds-a-Fire been incarcerated recently?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
2. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
3. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
4. What happens when Victor's high school basketball team makes it to the finals during his senior year in high school?
5. What is the story that Jimmy One-horse tells about he and his wife being pulled over by a police officer?
6. What happens at Thomas Builds-a-Fire's trial?
7. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
8. Why is Jimmy One-horse's wife mad at him?
9. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
10. How do Victor and his friend Adrian play with a BB gun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Alexie use Victor and Thomas to typify two stereotypical roles of the warrior and shaman? How do these stereotyped characters function to achieve the author's purpose? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What does Sherman Alexie mean by "reservation realism"? Use examples from the book in your response.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)