|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, what have Victor and Adrian temporarily refrained from?
2. What happens to Victor's aunt after she gives birth to her son?
3. Why does Victor refer to the situation on the reservation as "hurricanes"?
4. What is Victor's aunt experienced at?
5. What is Victor's advice regarding past and future skeletons in your life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
2. What is Victor scared about in life when he discusses the bingo scenario?
3. What is Victor's commentary on sober Indians?
4. According to Victor, what kind of economic development do their ancestors laugh about?
5. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
6. What happens to Victor in the second grade?
7. What does Norma say about Indians?
8. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
9. How does Victor convince the carny to assist Sadie and him with their incident with Dirty Joe at the Carnival?
10. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What allusions predominate in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Analyze how they enhance the work's meaning. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In his stories, Alexie frequently includes details of everyday contemporary life and pop culture. What effect does this have? What do these details contribute to the tone and texture of the stories? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of salvation featured in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book to support your response.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)