|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Victor and Adrian drinking on the front porch?
2. According to Victor, who has money on the reservation?
3. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. Where does Victor think the troubles from the reservation stem from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Victor piece his family history together?
2. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
3. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
4. What happens after Victor's aunt gives birth?
5. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
6. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
7. What are Victor's thoughts on skeleton's in one's life?
8. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
9. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
10. What happens to Victor in the second grade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of family and Alexie's presentation of the family on the reservation. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How do missing fathers impact some of the stories in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? How does this lack contribute to Victor's feeling of abandonment? Use specific answers from the the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of salvation featured in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book to support your response.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)