|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor convince the person to assist him with the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. What is one of Dirty Joe's distinguishing features?
3. What is Thomas Builds-a-Fire known for?
4. What happens in the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress?
5. Where does Victor think the troubles from the reservation stem from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
2. Why does Junior fall in love with the blonde girl in his history class?
3. Why does the clerk at the 7-11 think Victor is a criminal?
4. What happens to Sadie and Victor after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. What is Victor scared about in life when he discusses the bingo scenario?
6. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
7. What happens when Victor and Adrian are drinking Pepsi's on the front porch?
8. What is Dirty Joe's condition when Sadie and Victor find him at the carnival?
9. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
10. What happens to Victor's aunt and a mouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do missing fathers impact some of the stories in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? How does this lack contribute to Victor's feeling of abandonment? Use specific answers from the the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Alexie uses literal and figurative references to weather throughout The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. What effect does this have in creating a connection of natural forces and humans? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What attitudes or traditions about American Indians does Alexie apparently wish to change? What techniques does the author use to influence the reader's views? Use specifics from the novel in your answer.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)