Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Victor and his teammates pass the time at the state basketball finals?
2. What do Victor and the waitress discuss at her place?
3. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
4. What happens to Dirty Joe during the incident at the carnival?
5. Why is Victor's friend able to afford beer for the party at the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
2. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
3. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
4. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
5. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
6. Who are the Urban Indians?
7. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
8. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
9. How does Victor convince the carny to assist Sadie and him with their incident with Dirty Joe at the Carnival?
10. What happens when Victor and Adrian are drinking Pepsi's on the front porch?
Essay Topic 1
What allusions predominate in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Analyze how they enhance the work's meaning. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Drinking and alcoholism is a pervasive theme in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. Sherman Alexie is criticized for promoting stereotypes of the drunk Indian. Do you agree with this critique? What does Alexie's portrayal of drinking on the reservation say about his sensibility as a writer? Cite examples from the book in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Sherman Alexie says "My only purpose is to teach children to rebel against authority figures." Is there evidence of this advice in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use specifics from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)