|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor think about Indian names?
2. What does Victor do after he reaches his conclusion about the waitress?
3. What happens when Victor's basketball team goes to the state finals in high school?
4. What happens to Victor after a night of drinking when his white lover leaves him?
5. How does Adrian play with the BB gun when he and Victor are together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Victor's aunt gives birth?
2. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
3. What is Victor's reaction when he misses his white lover?
4. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
5. What are Victor's thoughts on skeleton's in one's life?
6. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
7. What is the story that Jimmy One-horse tells about he and his wife being pulled over by a police officer?
8. What does Norma say about Indians?
9. What does Victor think the trouble on the Indian reservation stems from?
10. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What allusions predominate in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Analyze how they enhance the work's meaning. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why are the characters on the Spokane Indian reservation opposed to assimilation into the mainstream culture? Why do the the reservation Indians shun the urban Indians? Is it likely that a person's cultural background is totally erased? Use evidence from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In his stories, Alexie frequently includes details of everyday contemporary life and pop culture. What effect does this have? What do these details contribute to the tone and texture of the stories? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)