|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thomas Builds-a-Fire sent to prison after his trial?
2. What happens to Victor's aunt after she gives birth to her son?
3. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. Who chases Victor and his companion after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Victor's thoughts on skeleton's in one's life?
2. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
3. What is the story that Jimmy One-horse tells about he and his wife being pulled over by a police officer?
4. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
5. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
6. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
7. What does Norma say about Indians?
8. What is Victor's opinion about Indian names?
9. What is Victor's father's view on war?
10. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What attitudes or traditions about American Indians does Alexie apparently wish to change? What techniques does the author use to influence the reader's views? Use specifics from the novel in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is the idea of salvation featured in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
How important is humor in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? What sort of humor prevails? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)