|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
2. What does Victor wonder about the event with his uncles during the holiday party?
3. What does Victor do after his parents pass out from drinking too much alcohol?
4. How does Adrian play with the BB gun when he and Victor are together?
5. What is one of Dirty Joe's distinguishing features?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Victor's commentary about the situation on the reservation?
2. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
3. How does Victor piece his family history together?
4. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
5. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
6. What does Norma say about Indians?
7. What does Victor's father do during the 1960s?
8. Why does Junior fall in love with the blonde girl in his history class?
9. What is Victor scared about in life when he discusses the bingo scenario?
10. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What allusions predominate in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Analyze how they enhance the work's meaning. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does Alexie use Victor and Thomas to typify two stereotypical roles of the warrior and shaman? How do these stereotyped characters function to achieve the author's purpose? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)