|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
2. What does Victor conclude about the waitress at her home?
3. What is the condition that Thomas Builds-a-Fire places on his assistance after Victor's father's death?
4. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. What happens in the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
2. What event leads Thomas Builds-a-Fire to stop telling stories?
3. How do Victor and his friend Adrian play with a BB gun?
4. What happens to Sadie and Victor after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
6. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
7. What is the story that Jimmy One-horse tells about he and his wife being pulled over by a police officer?
8. What happens after Victor's aunt gives birth?
9. What happens when Victor drives to a wealthy neighborhood after he has a fight with his girlfriend?
10. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the idea of salvation featured in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? Use examples from the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
What does Sherman Alexie mean by "reservation realism"? Use examples from the book in your response.
Essay Topic 3
How does Alexie use Victor and Thomas to typify two stereotypical roles of the warrior and shaman? How do these stereotyped characters function to achieve the author's purpose? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)