|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, what have Victor and Adrian temporarily refrained from?
2. Who does Victor believe destroys everything the Indians hold sacred?
3. What do Victor's uncles do at the holiday party?
4. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
5. According to Victor, what is it difficult to be on the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Victor try to communicate and bond with his father?
2. How do Victor and his friend Adrian play with a BB gun?
3. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
4. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
5. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
6. What does Norma say about Indians?
7. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
8. What happens after Victor's aunt gives birth?
9. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
10. What happens at Thomas Builds-a-Fire's trial?
Essay Topic 1
Show how the significance of the title of the novel is developed through the author's use of devices such as contrast, repetition, allusion, and point of view. Cite specific examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why are the characters on the Spokane Indian reservation opposed to assimilation into the mainstream culture? Why do the the reservation Indians shun the urban Indians? Is it likely that a person's cultural background is totally erased? Use evidence from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Alexie uses literal and figurative references to weather throughout The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. What effect does this have in creating a connection of natural forces and humans? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)