|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire stop doing after his incident twenty years ago?
3. According to Victor, what do you have to do to avoid past and future skeletons?
4. What do Victor's uncles do at the holiday party?
5. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire do during the incident twenty years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
2. Why does Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
3. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him at the fry bread stand?
4. What is the attitude toward the baby born of a red father and white mother at a barbecue?
5. Why is Victor amazed at the waitress he meets at the fry bread stand?
6. What is Victor's attitude when he is drinking and missing his white lover?
7. What does the Witness Protection Program ask Victor's father about?
8. Who are the Urban Indians?
9. Why does Junior drop out of college?
10. How does Victor piece his family history together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is humor in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? What sort of humor prevails? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why basketball is important in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. Explain how two or three of the purposes the motif serves are related to one another. Use examples from the book in your response.
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism of Victor looking at himself in the mirrors in the house of mirrors at the carnival? How does this symbolism relate to the rest of the novel? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)