|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Victor when he is introduced to the reader?
2. What does Victor demonstrate about the whole situation on the reservation?
3. According to Victor, what is it difficult to be on the reservation?
4. Why is Victor punishing Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. Who does Victor invite to take a drug with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
2. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. Why does Junior drop out of college?
4. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
5. What happens to Victor's aunt and a mouse?
6. What happens when Victor's high school basketball team makes it to the finals during his senior year in high school?
7. What is Victor's attitude when he is drinking and missing his white lover?
8. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
9. What does Victor think the trouble on the Indian reservation stems from?
10. How does Victor's father kill a man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do missing fathers impact some of the stories in The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven? How does this lack contribute to Victor's feeling of abandonment? Use specific answers from the the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of family and Alexie's presentation of the family on the reservation. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does Alexie use Victor and Thomas to typify two stereotypical roles of the warrior and shaman? How do these stereotyped characters function to achieve the author's purpose? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)