|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the police officer give the money back to Jimmy One-horse and his wife?
(a) They threaten to talk to the police chief.
(b) Because they say they write letters to his department that say the officer is polite and obeys the law.
(c) They say they write a letter to the editor of the local paper and warn other Indians to be wary of crooked police officers.
(d) Because the couple is so nice and Jimmy One-horse's wife starts to cry.
2. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
(a) He talks to his cousin.
(b) He participates in a potato sack race.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He plays a piano.
3. What is Victor's equation for survival?
(a) Survival = Skills X Stamina.
(b) Survival = Ingenuity X Stamina.
(c) Survival = Determination X Imagination.
(d) Survival = Anger X Imagination.
4. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
(a) He meets a hobo who shares his dinner.
(b) His foot gets caught in the railroad ties.
(c) He passes out with a train headed straight toward him.
(d) He gets mugged.
5. To Victor, what about an Indian boy is beautiful?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His hair.
(d) His laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
2. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
3. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
4. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
5. Why do Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)