|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
(a) Their bad luck.
(b) Their virtues.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their lack of hope.
2. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
(a) When he is asked to return to his desk and be quiet after talking about life on the reservation.
(b) When a story he writes about his family life is taken away.
(c) When his drawing is confiscated.
(d) When his comic book is taken away.
3. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Because he is kidding.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
(d) Because she has a grandchild.
4. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
(a) Why Indian boys are rounded up when white boys throw rocks through a store window.
(b) Why girls shoplift when they have the money to afford the items they steal.
(c) Why white children are not arrested for curfew and children of color are.
(d) Why girls starve themselves through anorexia and bulemia when he is involuntarily starving on the reservation.
5. How does Junior Polatkin and the blonde girl's short relationship end?
(a) The blonde girl becomes pregnant and has the baby.
(b) Junior's parents forbid him to see her.
(c) The blonde girl runs off with another guy.
(d) They have a really big fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
2. Where do Junior and the blond girl run into each other during Christmas break?
3. What does Victor's mother think of the Indian community?
4. Why do Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
5. What is one of John-John's talents?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)