|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor's aunt experienced at?
(c) Making pottery.
2. Why is Victor's father against fighting for the United States in the Vietnam War?
(a) Because the government kills so many Indians in the past.
(b) Because he considers the Vietnamese like the Indians.
(c) Because he does not consider himself an American citizen.
(d) Because he does not agree with the reasons why the United States goes to war.
3. What happens when Victor and the waitress try to become intimate?
(a) Victor becomes angry.
(b) Victor starts telling jokes.
(c) Victor begins to shake.
(d) Victor says he has an appointment he forgets about.
4. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
(a) Fighting and unproductive, unhealthy, negative behaviors.
(b) A striving to overcome adversity.
5. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(c) Thomas "Builds-the-Fire".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
2. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
4. What does Victor do after his parents pass out from drinking too much alcohol?
5. What is a hallucination that Victor and his friend have at the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Witness Protection Program ask Victor's father about?
2. Why does the clerk at the 7-11 think Victor is a criminal?
3. How does Victor try to communicate and bond with his father?
4. Why does Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
5. What happens to Victor in the second grade?
6. What does Norma say about Indians?
7. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
8. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
9. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
10. What is Dirty Joe's condition when Sadie and Victor find him at the carnival?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)