|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor play with the BB gun when he and Adrian are together?
(a) He shoots at squirrels.
(b) He puts the gun up to his temple.
(c) He pretends to shoot his troubles away.
(d) He plays cowboys and Indians.
2. What happens thirty years ago while Victor's aunt and uncle return home from dancing?
(a) They are pulled over by a police officer.
(b) They get into a car accident.
(c) They hit a pedestrian.
(d) They get lost and end up coming home hours later.
3. What is Victor's advice regarding past and future skeletons in your life?
(a) To live a clean life.
(b) To forget about them.
(c) You keep yourself in the middle of the past and future skeletons.
(d) To avoid creating future skeletons.
4. What "crime" does Thomas Builds-a-Fire commit twenty years ago?
(a) Writing grafitti.
(b) Public drunkeness.
(c) He holds the postmaster at gunpoint.
(d) Indecent exposure.
5. What does Victor do when his white lover leaves him?
(a) He goes out dancing and talks to women.
(b) He goes for a long walk.
(c) He goes to see his friends.
(d) He sits around his home and mopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas Builds-a-Fire known for?
2. Why is Thomas Builds-a-Fire sent to prison after his trial?
3. What happens to Victor's dad and the motorcycle?
4. What does Victor think that James does in 1973?
5. Why are reservation Indians unable to marry Urban Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
2. What is Victor's opinion about 7-11 stores?
3. What happens at Thomas Builds-a-Fire's trial?
4. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
5. What does Victor think the trouble on the Indian reservation stems from?
6. Why does Junior drop out of college?
7. Who are the Urban Indians?
8. What happens when Victor and Adrian are drinking Pepsi's on the front porch?
9. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
10. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)