|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Five, what have Victor and Adrian temporarily refrained from?
(a) Sexual Intercourse.
(d) Bar brawls.
2. How does Victor play with the BB gun when he and Adrian are together?
(a) He plays cowboys and Indians.
(b) He puts the gun up to his temple.
(c) He shoots at squirrels.
(d) He pretends to shoot his troubles away.
3. What is a hallucination that Victor and his friend have at the lake?
(a) They have visions of living in a mansion.
(b) They have visions of Indians taking vengeance on the white man.
(c) They have visions of their dead relatives.
(d) They have visions of flying.
4. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
(a) To get away from his wife.
(b) To visit distant friends.
(c) Because he wants one since he is a child.
(d) He has a leg injury and it is difficult for him to walk.
5. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To fight with him.
(c) To leave him.
(d) To take him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. What holiday are the characters celebrating in the first chapter?
3. What is Victor's aunt's reaction to her husband and son's treatment during the mouse incident?
4. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
5. What is Victor and Adrian's reaction when they are playing with the BB gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
2. What does Norma say about Indians?
3. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
4. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
5. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
6. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him at the fry bread stand?
7. How does Victor's father kill a man?
8. What does the Witness Protection Program ask Victor's father about?
9. What is Dirty Joe's condition when Sadie and Victor find him at the carnival?
10. What happens to Sadie and Victor after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)