|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Victor's uncle and cousin do during his aunt's incident with a mouse?
(a) They laugh and tease her.
(b) They offer their advice.
(c) They run after the mouse.
(d) They ignore her.
2. According to Victor, what do you have to do to avoid past and future skeletons?
(a) To drink to forget the past and avoid thinking about the future.
(b) To keep moving.
(c) To keep focused on the present.
(d) To stop doing things you regret.
3. How does Adrian play with the BB gun when he and Victor are together?
(a) He imagines people he wants to shoot.
(b) He puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger.
(c) He shoots the gun into the air.
(d) He plays cowboys and Indians.
4. Why do Victor's parents divorce?
(a) They are constantly arguing.
(b) They cannot agree on how to squeeze the tube of toothpaste.
(c) Because Victor's father wants to listen to Jimi Hendrix instead of being with his wife.
(d) Victor's father becomes abusive.
5. What is Victor's philosophy toward drinking?
(a) If he drinks one more beer, then everything in his life is better.
(b) He drinks to forget his past.
(c) The only way to drink is to binge.
(d) He drinks to make his life seem normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor's father's view on war?
2. What happens in the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress?
3. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
4. How old is Victor when he is introduced to the reader?
5. Why are reservation Indians unable to marry Urban Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Jimmy One-horse tells about he and his wife being pulled over by a police officer?
2. What is Dirty Joe's condition when Sadie and Victor find him at the carnival?
3. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
4. What is the attitude toward the baby born of a red father and white mother at a barbecue?
5. Why does Junior drop out of college?
6. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
7. What happens to Sadie and Victor after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
8. What is Victor's commentary about the situation on the reservation?
9. What is Victor's attitude when he is drinking and missing his white lover?
10. Why does Junior fall in love with the blonde girl in his history class?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)