|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor's father's view on war?
(a) War is something to be avoided.
(b) War is hell.
(c) War is a necessary evil.
(d) There is either war or peace, but nothing in-between.
2. Victor falls back on drinking the day his white lover returns, but what does he attempt to do that day?
(a) To help a friend move.
(b) To be productive.
(c) To start a job search.
(d) To go on the wagon.
3. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him?
(a) He flirts back.
(b) He becomes offended.
(c) He avoids her.
(d) He winks at her.
4. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Another friend.
(d) A carny.
5. Why is Thomas Builds-a-Fire been incarcerated recently?
(a) He calls the tribal police chief's wife "a savage in polyester pants".
(b) He calls the tribal doctor's wife "a native with dangling shiny objects".
(c) He calls the tribal school principal's wife "a traitor in pumps".
(d) He calls the tribal fire chief's wife "a heathen with heavy makeup".
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor try to bond with his father?
2. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
3. What is the result of the state final basketball game that Victor's high school team plays?
4. Who does Victor invite to take a drug with him?
5. According to Victor, what do you have to do to avoid past and future skeletons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Victor convince the carny to assist Sadie and him with their incident with Dirty Joe at the Carnival?
2. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. What does the Witness Protection Program ask Victor's father about?
4. What is Victor's opinion about 7-11 stores?
5. What happens at Thomas Builds-a-Fire's trial?
6. Who are the Urban Indians?
7. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
8. What event leads Thomas Builds-a-Fire to stop telling stories?
9. How does Victor piece his family history together?
10. What is Victor's commentary about the situation on the reservation?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)