|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor decide to do after the state final basketball game?
(a) Coach basketball.
(b) Attend college.
(d) Leave high school.
2. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is delusional.
(d) He is belligerent.
3. Why does Victor take James to the doctor when he is a baby?
(a) Because James does not cry.
(b) Because James is not crawling.
(c) Because James has an ear ache.
(d) Because James is constipated.
4. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
(a) Because it is a sin because it is a watch of a white man.
(b) To get the battery replaced.
(c) To make sure the meeting ends on time.
(d) To sell it to another person at the meeting.
5. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) They start shouting at him.
(b) They gawk and point.
(c) They get away from him.
(d) They ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Victor live?
2. What war does Victor's dad experience while in jail?
3. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
4. What "crime" does Thomas Builds-a-Fire commit twenty years ago?
5. What is Victor and Adrian's reaction when they are playing with the BB gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
2. What event leads Thomas Builds-a-Fire to stop telling stories?
3. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
4. What does Victor's father do during the 1960s?
5. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him at the fry bread stand?
6. What does Norma say about Indians?
7. What is Victor scared about in life when he discusses the bingo scenario?
8. What does Victor think the trouble on the Indian reservation stems from?
9. What is Victor's commentary on sober Indians?
10. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)