|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor's father's view on war?
(a) War is hell.
(b) War is a necessary evil.
(c) There is either war or peace, but nothing in-between.
(d) War is something to be avoided.
2. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To fight with him.
(c) To take him home.
(d) To leave him.
3. Who chases Victor and his companion after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A pack of dogs.
(b) Dirty Joe.
(c) Security guards.
(d) A group of teens.
4. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
(d) Santa Fe.
5. Where does the flirtatious waitress invite Victor after the see each other for the second time?
(a) To her apartment.
(b) To her hotel room.
(c) To her parents' house.
(d) To her Winnebago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. Why do Victor's parents divorce?
4. Why is the situation in jail like a war?
5. What does Victor think about Indian names?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
2. What is Victor's reaction when he misses his white lover?
3. What does John-John imagine when he thinks he hears a jet land outside?
4. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
5. Why does Junior fall in love with the blonde girl in his history class?
6. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
7. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
8. What happens to Victor's aunt and a mouse?
9. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
10. What does Norma say about Indians?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)