|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) They put him on a roller coaster.
(b) They put a woman's hat and makeup on him.
(c) They chain him to a post.
(d) They give him some money.
2. Why does Victor refer to the situation on the reservation as "hurricanes"?
(a) Because it peaks during late summer.
(b) Because it devastates peoples' lives.
(c) Because it spawns smaller "storm".
(d) Because the people have to wait for the government to step in.
3. What is the name of Victor's Urban Indian girlfriend?
(a) New Star First Born Daughter.
(b) Red Cloud at Sundown.
(c) Tremble Dancer.
(d) Sky Messenger.
4. What is Victor and Adrian's reaction when they are playing with the BB gun?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They say they are disturbed.
(c) They are amazed and shake their heads.
(d) They act agressively.
5. Why is Thomas Builds-a-Fire sent to prison after his trial?
(a) He admits to crimes when he tells stories during his trial.
(b) Because of evidence presented against him.
(c) For his outbursts during his trial.
(d) Because of an eyewitness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor's father unable to buy the year before?
2. What are Victor and Adrian drinking on the front porch?
3. According to Victor, Indians make the best __________ because they can ride horses.
4. Why is Victor's friend the host of the party at the lake?
5. According to Victor, what do you have to do to avoid past and future skeletons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
2. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
3. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
4. What happens to Victor's aunt and a mouse?
5. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
6. Why does Junior fall in love with the blonde girl in his history class?
7. What happens after Victor's aunt gives birth?
8. How does Victor piece his family history together?
9. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
10. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)