|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
(a) Because he is the baby's father.
(b) Because there are no immediate relatives.
(c) Because he ends up on welfare anyway.
(d) Because he is friends with the baby's father.
2. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
(b) Fighting and unproductive, unhealthy, negative behaviors.
(d) A striving to overcome adversity.
3. Why is the situation in jail like a war?
(a) Because everyday is like a battle.
(b) Because there is a daily death toll.
(c) Because of the adversity.
(d) Because everyone had a "turf".
4. Victor falls back on drinking the day his white lover returns, but what does he attempt to do that day?
(a) To go on the wagon.
(b) To start a job search.
(c) To be productive.
(d) To help a friend move.
5. What happens to Victor after a night of drinking when his white lover leaves him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He vomits.
(c) The bartender refuses to serve him anymore.
(d) He gets into a bar fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Victor see the flirtatious waitress a second time?
2. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
3. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
4. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. What happens in the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Victor scared about in life when he discusses the bingo scenario?
2. Why is Victor amazed at the waitress he meets at the fry bread stand?
3. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
4. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
5. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
6. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
7. What is Victor's attitude when he is drinking and missing his white lover?
8. What happens to Victor's aunt and a mouse?
9. What is Victor's opinion about Indian names?
10. Why does Junior fall in love with the blonde girl in his history class?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)