|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor say he is afraid of when he and the waitress start to become intimate?
(a) Mundane things like escalators.
(b) Becoming too close to someone.
(c) Unprotected sexual intercourse.
(d) Becoming like his father.
2. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
(a) Because he is the baby's father.
(b) Because there are no immediate relatives.
(c) Because he is friends with the baby's father.
(d) Because he ends up on welfare anyway.
3. Which is a story that Thomas Builds-a-Fire tells during his trial?
(a) A story about how he is a flying ace in World War I.
(b) A story about how he attacks pioneers in 1870.
(c) A story about how he kills soldiers in 1858.
(d) A story about how he signs a treaty with the U.S. government in 1832.
4. What does Victor do after his parents pass out from drinking too much alcohol?
(a) He covers them with a blanket and goes to bed.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He lies down next to them in bed.
(d) He goes out to meet his friends.
5. What condition does Victor suffer from when his white lover leaves him?
(a) A migraine.
(b) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Victor live?
2. In Chapter Five, what have Victor and Adrian temporarily refrained from?
3. What is Victor's advice regarding past and future skeletons in your life?
4. What happens when Victor and Adrian's high school buddies walk by the porch where they are sitting?
5. Victor says that Indians do not care whether the glass is half-full or half empty. Then what do the Indians care about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Victor and Adrian are drinking Pepsi's on the front porch?
2. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
3. What is Victor's opinion about 7-11 stores?
4. What happens to Samuel-Builds-a-Fire on his birthday?
5. What is Dirty Joe's condition when Sadie and Victor find him at the carnival?
6. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
7. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
8. What is Victor's father's view on war?
9. What is Victor scared about in life when he discusses the bingo scenario?
10. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)