|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Another friend.
(c) A carny.
(d) A stranger.
2. What happens to Victor's aunt after she gives birth to her son?
(a) She catches pneumonia.
(b) The doctor tricks her into tying her tubes.
(c) She falls and breaks her leg.
(d) She has a hysterectomy.
3. Where does Victor think the troubles from the reservation stem from?
(a) The lack of cohesion in the Indian community.
(c) The crimes he and his people have to endure.
4. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him?
(a) He avoids her.
(b) He flirts back.
(c) He winks at her.
(d) He becomes offended.
5. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
(a) That everyone finds happiness but him.
(b) Indians are playing the game of life that is stacked against them.
(c) That he is so far behind to win in life.
(d) That he does not have the tools he needs to elevate his status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Victor suffer from when his white lover leaves him?
2. What are Victor and Adrian drinking on the front porch?
3. What holiday are the characters celebrating in the first chapter?
4. Why are the Indians burning down a house?
5. What does Victor do after his parents pass out from drinking too much alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norma say about Indians?
2. What is Victor's reaction when he misses his white lover?
3. What happens to Sadie and Victor after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
5. How does Victor's father kill a man?
6. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
7. Why does the clerk at the 7-11 think Victor is a criminal?
8. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
9. How does Victor try to communicate and bond with his father?
10. Who are the Urban Indians?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)