|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is belligerent.
(c) He is delusional.
(d) He is asleep.
2. What is the name of Victor's Urban Indian girlfriend?
(a) New Star First Born Daughter.
(b) Red Cloud at Sundown.
(c) Sky Messenger.
(d) Tremble Dancer.
3. What war does Victor's dad experience while in jail?
(a) A war between the racial gangs.
(b) A war with more violent inmates.
(c) A war with the legal system.
(d) A war between the guards and inmates.
4. Where do Victor and his companion escape to when being chased at the carnival?
(a) The house of mirrors.
(b) The men's restroom.
(c) The tunnel of love.
(d) The first aid station.
5. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire do during the incident twenty years ago?
(a) He punches a bystander.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He runs from the police.
(d) He leaves his wallet at the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress?
2. What is the result of the state final basketball game that Victor's high school team plays?
3. Why do the Indians hear sirens in 1967?
4. According to Victor, what do you have to do to avoid past and future skeletons?
5. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
2. What is Victor's opinion about 7-11 stores?
3. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
4. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
6. What is the attitude toward the baby born of a red father and white mother at a barbecue?
7. What does Victor think the trouble on the Indian reservation stems from?
8. What event leads Thomas Builds-a-Fire to stop telling stories?
9. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
10. Why is Jimmy One-horse's wife mad at him?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)