|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor's aunt's experience with a mouse?
(a) It runs across the kitchen counter.
(b) She finds the mouse in a package of cornmeal.
(c) It jumps out of her purse.
(d) It runs up her pant leg.
2. Why is Victor punishing Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) For his drunkeness.
(b) For promoting negative stereotypes of Indian people.
(c) For being offensive to his mother.
(d) For threatening people.
3. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
(a) He is incarcerated for abandonment.
(b) He wants to be a good role model for James.
(c) He stumbles and falls on James while intoxicated.
(d) He admits he has a problem.
4. Why is Thomas Builds-a-Fire been incarcerated recently?
(a) He calls the tribal school principal's wife "a traitor in pumps".
(b) He calls the tribal fire chief's wife "a heathen with heavy makeup".
(c) He calls the tribal police chief's wife "a savage in polyester pants".
(d) He calls the tribal doctor's wife "a native with dangling shiny objects".
5. What happens thirty years ago while Victor's aunt and uncle return home from dancing?
(a) They are pulled over by a police officer.
(b) They get into a car accident.
(c) They hit a pedestrian.
(d) They get lost and end up coming home hours later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Victor see the flirtatious waitress a second time?
2. What is one of Dirty Joe's distinguishing features?
3. What is the name of Victor's Urban Indian girlfriend?
4. Who does Victor believe destroys everything the Indians hold sacred?
5. What is Victor's aunt experienced at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
2. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
3. Why is Victor amazed at the waitress he meets at the fry bread stand?
4. What happens to Victor's aunt and a mouse?
5. What is Victor's father's view on war?
6. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
7. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
8. What does Victor's father do during the 1960s?
9. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
10. Why does Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)