|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress?
(a) The numbers on his card do not match the letters.
(b) He does not have any markers to place over the numbers.
(c) He has B-6 remaining and the caller shouts B-7 and everyone else wins.
(d) The caller keeps calling numbers that are not on his card.
2. What holiday are the characters celebrating in the first chapter?
(a) New Years Eve.
(b) American Independence Day.
(c) The Green Corn Ceremony.
3. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) They gawk and point.
(b) They get away from him.
(c) They start shouting at him.
(d) They ignore him.
4. What happens to Victor's dad and the motorcycle?
(a) He has an accident and is in the hospital for a few months.
(b) He is pulled over by a police officer who is trying to find trumped up charges.
(c) He sells the motorcycle.
(d) He is in a bar fight and he is injured and his motorcycle is damaged.
5. What does Victor demonstrate about the whole situation on the reservation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adrian play with the BB gun when he and Victor are together?
2. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him?
3. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
4. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
5. What is Victor's philosophy toward drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
2. What is the attitude toward the baby born of a red father and white mother at a barbecue?
3. How does Victor piece his family history together?
4. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
5. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
6. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
7. What happens after Victor's aunt gives birth?
8. Why does Junior fall in love with the blonde girl in his history class?
9. Why is Jimmy One-horse's wife mad at him?
10. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)