|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Victor's parents divorce?
(a) They cannot agree on how to squeeze the tube of toothpaste.
(b) Victor's father becomes abusive.
(c) They are constantly arguing.
(d) Because Victor's father wants to listen to Jimi Hendrix instead of being with his wife.
2. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
(a) Because he ends up on welfare anyway.
(b) Because there are no immediate relatives.
(c) Because he is friends with the baby's father.
(d) Because he is the baby's father.
3. What does Victor refer to when he discusses the "hurricanes" on the reservation?
(a) Large uprisings.
(b) Wind storms.
(c) Wayward youths.
4. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
(a) To get away from his wife.
(b) Because he wants one since he is a child.
(c) He has a leg injury and it is difficult for him to walk.
(d) To visit distant friends.
5. What is a hallucination that Victor and his friend have at the lake?
(a) They have visions of Indians taking vengeance on the white man.
(b) They have visions of flying.
(c) They have visions of their dead relatives.
(d) They have visions of living in a mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor's aunt's reaction to her husband and son's treatment during the mouse incident?
2. How does Victor play with the BB gun when he and Adrian are together?
3. What is Victor's father unable to buy the year before?
4. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. Who does Victor believe destroys everything the Indians hold sacred?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
2. How does Victor piece his family history together?
3. What happens to Victor in the second grade?
4. What is the attitude toward the baby born of a red father and white mother at a barbecue?
5. What happens when Victor and Adrian are drinking Pepsi's on the front porch?
6. Why does the clerk at the 7-11 think Victor is a criminal?
7. What are Victor's thoughts on skeleton's in one's life?
8. What does Norma say about Indians?
9. How does Victor's father kill a man?
10. What happens at Thomas Builds-a-Fire's trial?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)