|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Victor, who has money on the reservation?
(a) The store owners.
(b) The bar owners.
(c) The cigarette and fireworks salespeople.
(d) Those who can sell trinkets to tourists.
2. What is Thomas Builds-a-Fire known for?
(a) Walking miles a day.
(b) Being a book worm.
(c) Telling stories.
(d) Being a ladies man.
3. What happens when Victor and the waitress try to become intimate?
(a) Victor becomes angry.
(b) Victor begins to shake.
(c) Victor starts telling jokes.
(d) Victor says he has an appointment he forgets about.
4. What does Victor think about Indian names?
(a) Their names honor their heritage.
(b) Their names make them hard to assimilate.
(c) Their names are fraught with a bad reputation.
(d) Their names have much honor.
5. Why are reservation Indians unable to marry Urban Indians?
(a) It is believed that the Urban Indians have contracted illnesses.
(b) The Urban Indians lose all rights and privileges afforded to those on the reservation.
(c) They live too far away.
(d) Because of the Indian Resettlement Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire do during the incident twenty years ago?
2. What happens thirty years ago while Victor's aunt and uncle return home from dancing?
3. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
4. What is the condition that Thomas Builds-a-Fire places on his assistance after Victor's father's death?
5. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
2. How does Victor convince the carny to assist Sadie and him with their incident with Dirty Joe at the Carnival?
3. Why is Jimmy One-horse's wife mad at him?
4. Why is Victor amazed at the waitress he meets at the fry bread stand?
5. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
6. Why is the tribal council burning houses?
7. What is the attitude toward the baby born of a red father and white mother at a barbecue?
8. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
9. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
10. How does Victor try to communicate and bond with his father?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)