|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Victor see the flirtatious waitress a second time?
(a) At a Powwow.
(b) At a friend's party.
(c) At a high school basketball game.
(d) At a carnival.
2. What does Victor think about Indian names?
(a) Their names have much honor.
(b) Their names honor their heritage.
(c) Their names are fraught with a bad reputation.
(d) Their names make them hard to assimilate.
3. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
(a) Because she has a Buddhist shrine.
(b) Because she has a Holly Hobby collection
(c) She grows up off of the reservation and moves to one when she is older.
(d) Because she is educated and has no scars.
4. Where does the flirtatious waitress invite Victor after the see each other for the second time?
(a) To her apartment.
(b) To her hotel room.
(c) To her parents' house.
(d) To her Winnebago.
5. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) To take him home.
(b) To fight with him.
(c) To call the police.
(d) To leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
2. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. Who does Victor invite to take a drug with him?
5. What war does Victor's dad experience while in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Victor's thoughts on skeleton's in one's life?
2. What happens when Victor drives to a wealthy neighborhood after he has a fight with his girlfriend?
3. How does Victor's father kill a man?
4. What is Victor's commentary about the situation on the reservation?
5. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
6. What is Victor's opinion about 7-11 stores?
7. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
8. What happens at Thomas Builds-a-Fire's trial?
9. What does the Witness Protection Program ask Victor's father about?
10. What is Victor's attitude when he is drinking and missing his white lover?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)