|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(c) Thomas "Builds-the-Fire".
2. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
(b) A striving to overcome adversity.
(c) Fighting and unproductive, unhealthy, negative behaviors.
3. How does Victor convince the person to assist him with the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) He says that Dirty Joe should be punnished.
(b) He says that Dirty Joe is communicating with dead ancestors.
(c) He says that Indians have no problems with gravity.
(d) He says that the situation is a public safety concern.
4. What do Victor's uncle and cousin do during his aunt's incident with a mouse?
(a) They offer their advice.
(b) They laugh and tease her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They run after the mouse.
5. How old is Victor when he is introduced to the reader?
(a) Nine-years old.
(b) Twenty-two-years old.
(c) Thirty-years old.
(d) Sixteen-years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor and Adrian's reaction when they are playing with the BB gun?
2. What is Victor's philosophy toward drinking?
3. How does Victor try to bond with his father?
4. What "crime" does Thomas Builds-a-Fire commit twenty years ago?
5. Why is Victor punishing Dirty Joe at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
2. Who are the Urban Indians?
3. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
4. What does John-John imagine when he thinks he hears a jet land outside?
5. Why does Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
6. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
7. What is the story that Jimmy One-horse tells about he and his wife being pulled over by a police officer?
8. Why is Jimmy One-horse's wife mad at him?
9. What is the attitude toward the baby born of a red father and white mother at a barbecue?
10. How does Victor convince the carny to assist Sadie and him with their incident with Dirty Joe at the Carnival?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)