|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Victor and the waitress try to become intimate?
(a) Victor becomes angry.
(b) Victor begins to shake.
(c) Victor says he has an appointment he forgets about.
(d) Victor starts telling jokes.
2. Why is Victor's friend able to afford beer for the party at the lake?
(a) He sells some bootleg liquor.
(b) He has a job.
(c) He inherits land that is used by large corporations.
(d) He receives a check from the government.
3. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(d) Thomas "Builds-the-Fire".
4. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
(b) Santa Fe.
5. According to Victor, what do you have to do to avoid past and future skeletons?
(a) To keep focused on the present.
(b) To drink to forget the past and avoid thinking about the future.
(c) To stop doing things you regret.
(d) To keep moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the flirtatious waitress invite Victor after the see each other for the second time?
2. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
3. What do Victor's uncles do at the holiday party?
4. What happens to Victor's dad and the motorcycle?
5. What is Victor's father's view on war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
2. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
3. What is Victor scared about in life when he discusses the bingo scenario?
4. What happens to Sadie and Victor after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. What happens to Victor in the second grade?
6. Why does the clerk at the 7-11 think Victor is a criminal?
7. What is Victor's commentary about the situation on the reservation?
8. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
9. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
10. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)