|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
(a) He fights off some bullies.
(b) He helps free Victor from an underground wasp nest.
(c) He lets Victor copy his homework when Victor forgets it.
(d) He pulls Victor from a river.
2. What are Victor and Adrian drinking on the front porch?
3. What is Victor's father's advice about remembering the past?
(a) To avoid memories of the past.
(b) To change the old memories.
(c) To hold on to good memories.
(d) Use your past to change your future.
4. What happens to Victor's dad and the motorcycle?
(a) He is in a bar fight and he is injured and his motorcycle is damaged.
(b) He is pulled over by a police officer who is trying to find trumped up charges.
(c) He has an accident and is in the hospital for a few months.
(d) He sells the motorcycle.
5. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father passes away?
(a) He offers him a ride.
(b) He gives him money.
(c) He lets Victor cry on his shoulder.
(d) He helps Victor sort through his father's possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Indians hear sirens in 1967?
2. What war does Victor's dad experience while in jail?
3. What "crime" does Thomas Builds-a-Fire commit twenty years ago?
4. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire do during the incident twenty years ago?
5. Who does Victor invite to take a drug with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
2. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
3. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. What does John-John imagine when he thinks he hears a jet land outside?
5. Why does Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
6. What happens when Victor's high school basketball team makes it to the finals during his senior year in high school?
7. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
8. What happens when Victor and Adrian are drinking Pepsi's on the front porch?
9. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
10. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)