|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire stop doing after his incident twenty years ago?
(a) He stops associating with ex-convicts.
(b) He stops drinking.
(c) He stops leaving the house.
(d) He stops telling stories.
2. How does Adrian play with the BB gun when he and Victor are together?
(a) He imagines people he wants to shoot.
(b) He plays cowboys and Indians.
(c) He shoots the gun into the air.
(d) He puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger.
3. Where has Victor's white lover been the night before she leaves him?
(a) At a rodeo.
(b) At a bingo game.
(c) At her mother's house.
(d) At a party.
4. What does Victor wonder about the event with his uncles during the holiday party?
(a) Why two grown men act this way.
(b) Why everyone is gathering around.
(c) Why no one stops them.
(d) How they act if they do not live on a reservation.
5. Where does Victor meet a flirtatious waitress?
(a) At a fry bread stand.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At a casino.
(d) At a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor punishing Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. Where does Victor live?
3. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
4. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
5. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jimmy One-horse's wife mad at him?
2. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
3. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
4. What does Norma say about Indians?
5. How do Victor and his friend Adrian play with a BB gun?
6. What does Victor observe in the eighth grade?
7. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
8. What major episode occurs during a New Year's Eve party in 1976?
9. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
10. What is Victor's attitude when he is drinking and missing his white lover?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)