|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Victor falls back on drinking the day his white lover returns, but what does he attempt to do that day?
(a) To be productive.
(b) To start a job search.
(c) To go on the wagon.
(d) To help a friend move.
2. Where do Victor and his companion escape to when being chased at the carnival?
(a) The first aid station.
(b) The tunnel of love.
(c) The men's restroom.
(d) The house of mirrors.
3. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
(a) To get the battery replaced.
(b) To sell it to another person at the meeting.
(c) To make sure the meeting ends on time.
(d) Because it is a sin because it is a watch of a white man.
4. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
(a) Because he wants one since he is a child.
(b) To visit distant friends.
(c) To get away from his wife.
(d) He has a leg injury and it is difficult for him to walk.
5. What do Victor and the waitress discuss at her place?
(a) What type of Indian she is.
(b) The problems of the Indian community.
(c) Their relationships with their parents.
(d) The differences between men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
2. Why do the Indians hear sirens in 1967?
3. What is Victor's aunt's reaction to her husband and son's treatment during the mouse incident?
4. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. What does Victor's father do when Victor tries to bond with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
2. What is Victor's commentary about the situation on the reservation?
3. What does Victor's father do during the 1960s?
4. What happens to Victor in the second grade?
5. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
6. Why does Junior drop out of college?
7. What do Victor's sisters do when they are really hungry?
8. What is the story that Jimmy One-horse tells about he and his wife being pulled over by a police officer?
9. What is Victor's father's view on war?
10. What happens when Victor drives to a wealthy neighborhood after he has a fight with his girlfriend?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)