|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor's father's advice about remembering the past?
(a) To avoid memories of the past.
(b) To hold on to good memories.
(c) To change the old memories.
(d) Use your past to change your future.
2. Why are reservation Indians unable to marry Urban Indians?
(a) It is believed that the Urban Indians have contracted illnesses.
(b) Because of the Indian Resettlement Act.
(c) The Urban Indians lose all rights and privileges afforded to those on the reservation.
(d) They live too far away.
3. What is Victor and Adrian's reaction when they are playing with the BB gun?
(a) They say they are disturbed.
(b) They are amazed and shake their heads.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They act agressively.
4. What does Victor think about Indian names?
(a) Their names are fraught with a bad reputation.
(b) Their names have much honor.
(c) Their names honor their heritage.
(d) Their names make them hard to assimilate.
5. What war does Victor's dad experience while in jail?
(a) A war with the legal system.
(b) A war between the racial gangs.
(c) A war with more violent inmates.
(d) A war between the guards and inmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday are the characters celebrating in the first chapter?
2. Why is Victor's friend the host of the party at the lake?
3. What is Victor's father unable to buy the year before?
4. Who are the Urban Indians?
5. Why is Victor's friend able to afford beer for the party at the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Thomas Builds-a-Fire's views on story telling?
2. What are the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation?
3. What is Victor's reaction when he misses his white lover?
4. What do Sadie and Victor do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. Why does the clerk at the 7-11 think Victor is a criminal?
6. What does Norma say about Indians?
7. Why does Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
8. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
9. Why do Victor's father and mother divorce?
10. Why is Jimmy One-horse's wife mad at him?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)