|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Victor and his teammates pass the time at the state basketball finals?
(a) They do cheers and chants.
(b) They talk about girls.
(c) They practice their drills.
(d) They look at first-aid manuals.
2. What do Victor and the waitress discuss at her place?
(a) The differences between men and women.
(b) The problems of the Indian community.
(c) Their relationships with their parents.
(d) What type of Indian she is.
3. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
(a) To make sure the meeting ends on time.
(b) To get the battery replaced.
(c) Because it is a sin because it is a watch of a white man.
(d) To sell it to another person at the meeting.
4. What happens to Dirty Joe during the incident at the carnival?
(a) His wallet is stolen.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He is beaten by some teens.
(d) He has a rude awakening.
5. Why is Victor's friend able to afford beer for the party at the lake?
(a) He inherits land that is used by large corporations.
(b) He sells some bootleg liquor.
(c) He receives a check from the government.
(d) He has a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the flirtatious waitress invite Victor after the see each other for the second time?
2. What does Victor do after his parents pass out from drinking too much alcohol?
3. Why does Victor refer to the situation on the reservation as "hurricanes"?
4. What is Victor's philosophy toward drinking?
5. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of hallucinations do Victor and Junior have while taking a new drug at the lake?
2. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
3. What does Victor's mother think about the stories Victor writes?
4. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father dies?
5. Why does Samuel-Builds-a-Fire not have anything to drink in the past?
6. Who are the Urban Indians?
7. What does Victor do when the waitress invites him back to her Winnebago?
8. What happens to Victor's parents at the New Year's Eve party in 1976?
9. How does Victor convince the carny to assist Sadie and him with their incident with Dirty Joe at the Carnival?
10. What happens when Victor and Adrian are drinking Pepsi's on the front porch?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)