|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Because she has a grandchild.
(d) Because he is kidding.
2. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
(b) Playing basketball.
3. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
(a) She stops by a diner.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She stops by her mother's grave.
(d) She usually takes someone home with her.
4. What do Victor's siblings commonly do with a car while growing up?
(a) Sniff gas from the exhaust pipe.
(b) Go joy riding.
(c) They throw rocks at the cars.
(d) They siphon gas and sell it.
5. Where is the location for Victor's imagination?
(a) His back porch.
(b) A bar.
(c) The 7-11.
(d) A gas station.
6. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
(b) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
(c) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
(d) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
7. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
(a) He is teased by bullies.
(b) He is put in the lowest reading group.
(c) He is repeatedly asked to go to the principal's office for disruptive behavior.
(d) He is placed in the back of the classroom and ignored.
8. What does Victor talk about during his high school years?
9. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's talent?
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Playing the trumpet.
(d) Playing basketball.
10. Where does John-John sit waiting for Joseph to come home?
(a) On the roof.
(b) By the window.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) In the yard.
11. What does Victor think about Nora?
(a) That he might have a crush on her.
(b) That he highly respects her.
(c) That she makes a good wife for some lucky man.
(d) That she is extremely careless.
12. When does Jimmy One-horse's wife return after leaving him?
(a) When she has a change of heart.
(b) When her mother dies.
(c) When Jimmy is hospitalized.
(d) When Jimmy pleas with her to return.
13. Where do Junior and the blond girl run into each other during Christmas break?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At a diner.
(c) While checking his mailbox.
(d) At a bus station.
14. What does Victor try to figure out every year between the age of thirteen to twenty-five?
(a) What it means to be a man.
(b) What it means to be thirteen.
(c) The mysteries of women.
(d) Where to get his next high.
15. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He talks to his cousin.
(c) He participates in a potato sack race.
(d) He plays a piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Victor drives into a wealthy neighborhood?
2. What does Victor imagine that an Indian invents?
3. What is one of John-John's talents?
4. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
5. How does Victor's father kill a man?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)