|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Victor, what about an Indian boy is beautiful?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His laughter.
(d) His hair.
2. What happens when Victor drives into a wealthy neighborhood?
(a) Several people ask him what he is doing there.
(b) His car breaks down.
(c) People stare at him.
(d) He is pulled over by a police officer.
3. What do Victor's sisters do when they are very hungry while growing up?
(a) They dig through dumptsters.
(b) They make mud pies in the yard.
(c) They beg for food.
(d) They scrape food from the table with their teeth.
4. How much money does Victor's father give to a broke Indian?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Enough for a meal.
(c) Some pocket change.
(d) Enough to buy some alcohol.
5. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
(a) A man of great virtue.
(b) An embarassment to the family.
(c) A man that is remembered by all.
(d) He is the town drunk.
6. Where does Junior Polatkin attend college?
(a) Gonzaga University.
(b) Whitman College.
(c) Walla Walla College.
(d) Eastern Washington University.
7. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
(a) He talks to his cousin.
(b) He participates in a potato sack race.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He plays a piano.
8. Where do Junior and the blond girl run into each other during Christmas break?
(a) While checking his mailbox.
(b) At a bus station.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At a bar.
9. How does Junior Polatkin and the blonde girl's short relationship end?
(a) The blonde girl runs off with another guy.
(b) Junior's parents forbid him to see her.
(c) They have a really big fight.
(d) The blonde girl becomes pregnant and has the baby.
10. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
(a) Their virtues.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their lack of hope.
(d) Their bad luck.
11. Where does Victor find a new job?
(b) Grand Culee.
(c) Walla Walla.
12. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
(b) Because he is kidding.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) Because she has a grandchild.
13. What is held up at the barbecue?
(a) A baby.
(b) A fist.
(c) A can of beer.
(d) A picture.
14. When does Jimmy One-horse's wife return after leaving him?
(a) When Jimmy is hospitalized.
(b) When her mother dies.
(c) When Jimmy pleas with her to return.
(d) When she has a change of heart.
15. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
(a) It is mesmerizing.
(b) It is like heaven.
(c) It makes him paranoid.
(d) It is like a bad dream you never wake up from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor think about Nora?
2. What does Victor's father describe while starting a car in the winter?
3. What does Jimmy One-horse's wife think about the man with whom she has an affair?
4. Who does Uncle Moses befriend?
5. What does Victor's father not know about the man who disappears?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)