|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the psychic child advise Victor to do?
(a) To build a tree house and live there for a month.
(b) To put glue on his body and roll around in leaves.
(c) To stand on his roof and shout at people walking by.
(d) To break all of the mirrors in the house and tape them to his body.
2. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
(a) A lover.
(b) A kidnapper.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A temptress.
3. Where do Junior and the blond girl run into each other during Christmas break?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At a diner.
(c) While checking his mailbox.
(d) At a bar.
4. What does the clerk at the 7-11 give to Victor?
(a) A slurpee.
(b) The contact info for the store manager for a job.
(c) A six-pack of beer.
(d) A creamsicle.
5. What hurtful thing does John-John imagine about Joseph's return?
(a) That Joseph does not remember him.
(b) Joseph reprimanding him for not taking better care of their mother.
(c) Joseph reprimanding him for not writing.
(d) Saying he is home briefly then leaves again.
6. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
7. How does Victor's father kill a man?
(a) By accidentally starting a fire.
(b) Cleaning his rifle.
(c) In a bar fight.
(d) He is in a car wreck.
8. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
(a) He is placed in the back of the classroom and ignored.
(b) He is repeatedly asked to go to the principal's office for disruptive behavior.
(c) He is put in the lowest reading group.
(d) He is teased by bullies.
9. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Out of respect.
(b) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
(c) Because he is kidding.
(d) Because she has a grandchild.
10. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
(a) Like he is in an aquarium.
(b) Like an outcast.
(c) Like a celebrity.
11. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
(a) Their lack of hope.
(b) Their bad luck.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their virtues.
12. Why do Victor's sisters put food coloring in the potatoes while growing up?
(a) Because they could not afford Play-doh.
(b) To imagine they are eating different foods.
(c) Because they think the meal looks too bland.
(d) Because they think it looks pretty.
13. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
(a) It is like a bad dream you never wake up from.
(b) It is like heaven.
(c) It makes him paranoid.
(d) It is mesmerizing.
14. Why is one of Victor's girlfriends afraid of him?
(a) Because he seems mentally unstable.
(b) Because he is always writing and she does not know what he writes.
(c) Because he is an Indian.
(d) Because he is often angry.
15. What does Victor's father not know about the man who disappears?
(a) Who his next of kin are.
(b) Where he is last seen.
(c) Who shoots him.
(d) Where he lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor's mother think of the Indian community?
2. Where does Victor find a new job?
3. To Victor, what about an Indian boy is beautiful?
4. What does Victor's father describe while starting a car in the winter?
5. What do Victor's siblings commonly do with a car while growing up?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)