|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Victor, what about an Indian boy is beautiful?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His laughter.
(c) His hands.
(d) His hair.
2. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
(a) Because it is easier to remember.
(b) He is named after his Uncle John and his Grandfather John.
(c) It is a mistake made on his birth certificare.
(d) His parents like the rhythmic sound.
3. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
(d) Playing basketball.
4. What does Victor think about Nora?
(a) That he might have a crush on her.
(b) That he highly respects her.
(c) That she is extremely careless.
(d) That she makes a good wife for some lucky man.
5. What does Samuel-builds-a-fire do on his birthday?
(a) He purchases a new pair of shoes.
(b) He walks to work.
(c) He plans to ask a woman out on a date.
(d) He arrives to work a half hour early.
6. What news does Samuel-builds-a-fire receive at work?
(a) He is doing a different job.
(b) He is being let go from his job.
(c) A co-worker passes away.
(d) His boss is arrested.
7. Who does Uncle Moses befriend?
8. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
(a) It is like a bad dream you never wake up from.
(b) It is mesmerizing.
(c) It is like heaven.
(d) It makes him paranoid.
9. What does Victor try to figure out every year between the age of thirteen to twenty-five?
(a) What it means to be a man.
(b) The mysteries of women.
(c) What it means to be thirteen.
(d) Where to get his next high.
10. What happens when Victor drives into a wealthy neighborhood?
(a) Several people ask him what he is doing there.
(b) His car breaks down.
(c) He is pulled over by a police officer.
(d) People stare at him.
11. What creates beauty?
(a) A smile on a child's face.
(b) A napkin blowing across the ground.
(c) Fallen flower petals.
(d) A cracked piece of glass.
12. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Because he is kidding.
(b) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) Because she has a grandchild.
13. Why does Victor's mother not like the stories he writes?
(a) Because they are so negative.
(b) Because he is too revealing about family matters.
(c) Because she thinks he is wasting too much time writing them.
(d) Because they use so much profanity.
14. Where does Jimmy One-horse's wife go when she is upset with him?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) The Chinook bar.
(d) To the Powwow Tavern.
15. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
(a) His foot gets caught in the railroad ties.
(b) He meets a hobo who shares his dinner.
(c) He gets mugged.
(d) He passes out with a train headed straight toward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor's father not surprised an acquaintance disappears when he is questioned by the Witness Protection Program?
2. What is one of John-John's talents?
3. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
4. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
5. What does Victor recount about one time Victor's father is drunk while growing up?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)