|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
(a) Their bad luck.
(b) Their virtues.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their lack of hope.
2. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Because he is kidding.
(b) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) Because she has a grandchild.
3. Why does Junior drop out of college?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) Because of his history teacher's treatment.
(c) He is struggling in his classes.
(d) Because of the stress caused by his relationship with the blonde girl.
4. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
(b) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
(c) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
(d) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
5. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
6. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's reaction to the news he receives at work?
(a) He goes to a park.
(b) He goes to a bar.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He goes to a friend's house.
7. What is the nature of the gift that the person whom Uncle Moses befriends?
(d) Not marketable.
8. What is Victor's equation for survival?
(a) Survival = Determination X Imagination.
(b) Survival = Ingenuity X Stamina.
(c) Survival = Skills X Stamina.
(d) Survival = Anger X Imagination.
9. What does Victor try to figure out every year between the age of thirteen to twenty-five?
(a) The mysteries of women.
(b) What it means to be thirteen.
(c) What it means to be a man.
(d) Where to get his next high.
10. How does Junior Polatkin and the blonde girl's short relationship end?
(a) The blonde girl runs off with another guy.
(b) Junior's parents forbid him to see her.
(c) The blonde girl becomes pregnant and has the baby.
(d) They have a really big fight.
11. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
(a) His foot gets caught in the railroad ties.
(b) He passes out with a train headed straight toward him.
(c) He gets mugged.
(d) He meets a hobo who shares his dinner.
12. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
(a) A lover.
(b) A kidnapper.
(c) A temptress.
(d) A good friend.
13. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) In high school.
(b) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
(c) At a party.
(d) At the Powwow Tavern.
14. What do Victor's sisters do when they are very hungry while growing up?
(a) They make mud pies in the yard.
(b) They dig through dumptsters.
(c) They scrape food from the table with their teeth.
(d) They beg for food.
15. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
(d) Playing basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
2. Why does Junior Polatkin fall in love with the blonde girl in history class?
3. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
4. What does John-John imagine he hears?
5. Why does Victor's mother not like the stories he writes?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)