|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
(a) He gets mugged.
(b) He meets a hobo who shares his dinner.
(c) His foot gets caught in the railroad ties.
(d) He passes out with a train headed straight toward him.
2. What does Victor recount about one time Victor's father is drunk while growing up?
(a) He walks into a closet thinking it is a bathroom.
(b) He starts a fight with a neighbor.
(c) He stumbles down the stairs.
(d) He wanders off into the night.
3. What does Victor's mother think of the Indian community?
(a) That they are admirable people with great strength.
(b) That they are a lost cause.
(c) That they are victims.
(d) That they are given gifts.
4. When does Jimmy One-horse's wife return after leaving him?
(a) When she has a change of heart.
(b) When her mother dies.
(c) When Jimmy pleas with her to return.
(d) When Jimmy is hospitalized.
5. Why does Junior drop out of college?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) He is struggling in his classes.
(c) Because of the stress caused by his relationship with the blonde girl.
(d) Because of his history teacher's treatment.
6. What do Victor's siblings commonly do with a car while growing up?
(a) Sniff gas from the exhaust pipe.
(b) Go joy riding.
(c) They siphon gas and sell it.
(d) They throw rocks at the cars.
7. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
(b) At the Powwow Tavern.
(c) In high school.
(d) At a party.
8. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She stops by her mother's grave.
(c) She usually takes someone home with her.
(d) She stops by a diner.
9. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's talent?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Playing the trumpet.
(d) Telling stories.
10. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's job title?
(a) Store clerk.
(b) Construction worker.
(c) Maid at a motel.
11. What does Victor's father not know about the man who disappears?
(a) Who shoots him.
(b) Who his next of kin are.
(c) Where he is last seen.
(d) Where he lives.
12. When does Victor have his first experiences with drugs?
(a) In the seventh and eighth grades.
(b) In the fourth and fifth grades.
(c) In the sixth and seventh grades.
(d) In the fifth and sixth grades.
13. What is held up at the barbecue?
(a) A baby.
(b) A can of beer.
(c) A fist.
(d) A picture.
14. Where is the location for Victor's imagination?
(a) A gas station.
(b) The 7-11.
(c) His back porch.
(d) A bar.
15. Who does Uncle Moses befriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of John-John's talents?
2. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
3. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
4. What news does Samuel-builds-a-fire receive at work?
5. How does Victor's family watch television?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)