|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Junior drop out of college?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) He is struggling in his classes.
(c) Because of the stress caused by his relationship with the blonde girl.
(d) Because of his history teacher's treatment.
2. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's reaction to the news he receives at work?
(a) He goes to a friend's house.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He goes to a bar.
(d) He goes to a park.
3. Why is Victor's father not surprised an acquaintance disappears when he is questioned by the Witness Protection Program?
(a) He runs around with a rough crowd.
(b) Many Indians disappear because of Indian relocations.
(c) He is friends with several magicians.
(d) He is a trouble-maker.
4. What creates beauty?
(a) A cracked piece of glass.
(b) A napkin blowing across the ground.
(c) Fallen flower petals.
(d) A smile on a child's face.
5. Where does Junior Polatkin attend college?
(a) Gonzaga University.
(b) Walla Walla College.
(c) Eastern Washington University.
(d) Whitman College.
6. What does Victor's father describe while starting a car in the winter?
(a) The first television show he sees.
(b) Not owning a pair of snow boots while growing up.
(c) The first car his family owns.
(d) The cruel treatment he experiences in school while growing up.
7. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) At the Powwow Tavern.
(b) At a party.
(c) In high school.
(d) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
8. Where is the location for Victor's imagination?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A bar.
(c) The 7-11.
(d) His back porch.
9. Why does Victor's mother not like the stories he writes?
(a) Because they use so much profanity.
(b) Because he is too revealing about family matters.
(c) Because she thinks he is wasting too much time writing them.
(d) Because they are so negative.
10. What does the psychic child advise Victor to do?
(a) To stand on his roof and shout at people walking by.
(b) To put glue on his body and roll around in leaves.
(c) To build a tree house and live there for a month.
(d) To break all of the mirrors in the house and tape them to his body.
11. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
(a) A man of great virtue.
(b) An embarassment to the family.
(c) He is the town drunk.
(d) A man that is remembered by all.
12. What does Victor recount about one time Victor's father is drunk while growing up?
(a) He stumbles down the stairs.
(b) He walks into a closet thinking it is a bathroom.
(c) He starts a fight with a neighbor.
(d) He wanders off into the night.
13. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
(a) He gets mugged.
(b) He meets a hobo who shares his dinner.
(c) He passes out with a train headed straight toward him.
(d) His foot gets caught in the railroad ties.
14. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
15. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
(a) Like he is in an aquarium.
(b) Like a celebrity.
(c) Like an outcast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John-John sit waiting for Joseph to come home?
2. How do sober Indians treat drunken Indians?
3. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
4. What does Victor use to explain different events in his life?
5. How much money does Victor's father give to a broke Indian?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)