|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
(b) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
(c) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
(d) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
2. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
(a) Like a celebrity.
(b) Like an outcast.
(d) Like he is in an aquarium.
3. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
(a) He participates in a potato sack race.
(b) He plays a piano.
(c) He talks to his cousin.
(d) He drinks.
4. Where does Victor find a new job?
(c) Walla Walla.
(d) Grand Culee.
5. Why does Victor's mother not like the stories he writes?
(a) Because they use so much profanity.
(b) Because she thinks he is wasting too much time writing them.
(c) Because they are so negative.
(d) Because he is too revealing about family matters.
6. How do sober Indians treat drunken Indians?
(a) With infinite patience.
(b) With humor.
(c) With sympathy.
(d) With disdain.
7. What does Victor imagine happens to Christopher Columbus?
(a) He actually makes it to India instead of the United States.
(b) His ship is captured by pirates and he never returns.
(c) His ship gets lost at sea.
(d) A tribe of Indians drown him.
8. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
(a) Why girls starve themselves through anorexia and bulemia when he is involuntarily starving on the reservation.
(b) Why Indian boys are rounded up when white boys throw rocks through a store window.
(c) Why white children are not arrested for curfew and children of color are.
(d) Why girls shoplift when they have the money to afford the items they steal.
9. What does Victor imagine that an Indian invents?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The automatic machine gun.
(c) The A-bomb.
10. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's talent?
(a) Playing the trumpet.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Telling stories.
11. What do Victor's siblings commonly do with a car while growing up?
(a) Sniff gas from the exhaust pipe.
(b) Go joy riding.
(c) They throw rocks at the cars.
(d) They siphon gas and sell it.
12. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
13. Why does the police officer give the money back to Jimmy One-horse and his wife?
(a) They threaten to talk to the police chief.
(b) They say they write a letter to the editor of the local paper and warn other Indians to be wary of crooked police officers.
(c) Because the couple is so nice and Jimmy One-horse's wife starts to cry.
(d) Because they say they write letters to his department that say the officer is polite and obeys the law.
14. What does Victor think about Nora?
(a) That he highly respects her.
(b) That he might have a crush on her.
(c) That she is extremely careless.
(d) That she makes a good wife for some lucky man.
15. What is Victor's equation for survival?
(a) Survival = Skills X Stamina.
(b) Survival = Anger X Imagination.
(c) Survival = Determination X Imagination.
(d) Survival = Ingenuity X Stamina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the location for Victor's imagination?
2. Why does the 7-11 clerk think Victor is a criminal?
3. What does Victor talk about during his high school years?
4. Who does Uncle Moses befriend?
5. What does Victor recount about one time Victor's father is drunk while growing up?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)