|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
(a) It makes him paranoid.
(b) It is like heaven.
(c) It is like a bad dream you never wake up from.
(d) It is mesmerizing.
2. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
3. How do sober Indians treat drunken Indians?
(a) With disdain.
(b) With humor.
(c) With sympathy.
(d) With infinite patience.
4. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
(b) Playing basketball.
5. How does Victor's father kill a man?
(a) By accidentally starting a fire.
(b) Cleaning his rifle.
(c) In a bar fight.
(d) He is in a car wreck.
6. Why does the police officer give the money back to Jimmy One-horse and his wife?
(a) Because the couple is so nice and Jimmy One-horse's wife starts to cry.
(b) They say they write a letter to the editor of the local paper and warn other Indians to be wary of crooked police officers.
(c) Because they say they write letters to his department that say the officer is polite and obeys the law.
(d) They threaten to talk to the police chief.
7. What does the clerk at the 7-11 give to Victor?
(a) A six-pack of beer.
(b) A creamsicle.
(c) The contact info for the store manager for a job.
(d) A slurpee.
8. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
(a) She stops by her mother's grave.
(b) She usually takes someone home with her.
(c) She stops by a diner.
(d) She passes out.
9. Why is one of Victor's girlfriends afraid of him?
(a) Because he seems mentally unstable.
(b) Because he is an Indian.
(c) Because he is always writing and she does not know what he writes.
(d) Because he is often angry.
10. How much money does Victor's father give to a broke Indian?
(a) Enough to buy some alcohol.
(b) Enough for a meal.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Some pocket change.
11. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
(b) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
(c) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
(d) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
12. What does Nora say about the Indian people?
(a) They are given a bad deal.
(b) They are the most sensitive people.
(c) They are shiftless and lazy.
(d) They are honorable people.
13. Where do Junior and the blond girl run into each other during Christmas break?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) While checking his mailbox.
14. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
(a) A temptress.
(b) A lover.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A kidnapper.
15. Where does John-John sit waiting for Joseph to come home?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) By the window.
(c) In the yard.
(d) On the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
2. What is one of John-John's talents?
3. What does John-John imagine he hears?
4. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
5. What does Victor's teacher want him to do in the second grade?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)