|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the location for Victor's imagination?
(a) A bar.
(b) A gas station.
(c) His back porch.
(d) The 7-11.
2. What does Samuel-builds-a-fire do on his birthday?
(a) He purchases a new pair of shoes.
(b) He walks to work.
(c) He arrives to work a half hour early.
(d) He plans to ask a woman out on a date.
3. What does the clerk at the 7-11 give to Victor?
(a) The contact info for the store manager for a job.
(b) A creamsicle.
(c) A six-pack of beer.
(d) A slurpee.
4. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
(a) Playing basketball.
5. What does Victor imagine happens to Christopher Columbus?
(a) His ship gets lost at sea.
(b) His ship is captured by pirates and he never returns.
(c) A tribe of Indians drown him.
(d) He actually makes it to India instead of the United States.
6. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's talent?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Playing the trumpet.
7. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
(a) Like a celebrity.
(c) Like an outcast.
(d) Like he is in an aquarium.
8. What does Victor try to figure out every year between the age of thirteen to twenty-five?
(a) What it means to be thirteen.
(b) What it means to be a man.
(c) Where to get his next high.
(d) The mysteries of women.
9. What do Victor's siblings commonly do with a car while growing up?
(a) Go joy riding.
(b) They throw rocks at the cars.
(c) Sniff gas from the exhaust pipe.
(d) They siphon gas and sell it.
10. Why do Victor and his girlfriend once fight in the dark?
(a) Because it is more romantic.
(b) Because they pay more attention to what they are saying.
(c) Because Victor breaks all of the lamps.
(d) Because she does not pay her electric bill.
11. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
(a) An embarassment to the family.
(b) A man that is remembered by all.
(c) He is the town drunk.
(d) A man of great virtue.
12. What is the nature of the gift that the person whom Uncle Moses befriends?
(d) Not marketable.
13. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
(a) A lover.
(b) A temptress.
(c) A kidnapper.
(d) A good friend.
14. Why does Junior Polatkin fall in love with the blonde girl in history class?
(a) He thinks she is smart.
(b) He believes she understands what it is like for Indians.
(c) He believes she is very worldly.
(d) He thinks she is attractive.
15. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) In high school.
(b) At a party.
(c) At the Powwow Tavern.
(d) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor's family watch television?
2. Why does the 7-11 clerk think Victor is a criminal?
3. How do sober Indians treat drunken Indians?
4. How much money does Victor's father give to a broke Indian?
5. What hurtful thing does John-John imagine about Joseph's return?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)