|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
2. Why is Victor's father not surprised an acquaintance disappears when he is questioned by the Witness Protection Program?
(a) Many Indians disappear because of Indian relocations.
(b) He is friends with several magicians.
(c) He runs around with a rough crowd.
(d) He is a trouble-maker.
3. What do Victor's siblings commonly do with a car while growing up?
(a) Go joy riding.
(b) They throw rocks at the cars.
(c) Sniff gas from the exhaust pipe.
(d) They siphon gas and sell it.
4. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
(a) Like a celebrity.
(c) Like he is in an aquarium.
(d) Like an outcast.
5. Where do Junior and the blond girl run into each other during Christmas break?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At a bar.
(c) While checking his mailbox.
(d) At a diner.
6. What does the psychic child advise Victor to do?
(a) To put glue on his body and roll around in leaves.
(b) To build a tree house and live there for a month.
(c) To break all of the mirrors in the house and tape them to his body.
(d) To stand on his roof and shout at people walking by.
7. What creates beauty?
(a) A cracked piece of glass.
(b) Fallen flower petals.
(c) A napkin blowing across the ground.
(d) A smile on a child's face.
8. Where does John-John sit waiting for Joseph to come home?
(a) In the yard.
(b) On the roof.
(c) By the window.
(d) On the front porch.
9. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
(b) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
(c) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
(d) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
10. What is one of John-John's talents?
(a) Telling stories.
(b) Playing basketball.
11. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A temptress.
(c) A kidnapper.
(d) A lover.
12. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
(a) She stops by a diner.
(b) She usually takes someone home with her.
(c) She stops by her mother's grave.
(d) She passes out.
13. What does Jimmy One-horse's wife think about the man with whom she has an affair?
(a) He is too self-absorbed.
(b) He is too serious.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He is too flirtatious.
14. What is the nature of the gift that the person whom Uncle Moses befriends?
(c) Not marketable.
15. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
(b) Playing basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
2. What is Victor's equation for survival?
3. Where is the location for Victor's imagination?
4. How does Junior Polatkin and the blonde girl's short relationship end?
5. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)