|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Junior Polatkin attend college?
(a) Gonzaga University.
(b) Walla Walla College.
(c) Eastern Washington University.
(d) Whitman College.
2. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
(a) Playing basketball.
3. What does Victor's mother think of the Indian community?
(a) That they are a lost cause.
(b) That they are admirable people with great strength.
(c) That they are given gifts.
(d) That they are victims.
4. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Because he is kidding.
(b) Because she has a grandchild.
(c) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
(d) Out of respect.
5. When does Jimmy One-horse's wife return after leaving him?
(a) When her mother dies.
(b) When Jimmy is hospitalized.
(c) When she has a change of heart.
(d) When Jimmy pleas with her to return.
6. What does Victor recount about one time Victor's father is drunk while growing up?
(a) He wanders off into the night.
(b) He walks into a closet thinking it is a bathroom.
(c) He starts a fight with a neighbor.
(d) He stumbles down the stairs.
7. What does Victor's teacher want him to do in the second grade?
(a) To apologize for everything and cut off his braids.
(b) To perform math problems on the board in front of the class and testify before the state court about how his parents are mistreating him.
(c) To write with his right hand and wear cleaner clothing.
(d) To do his homework at school because she does not think he is doing his own work.
8. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
(b) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
(c) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
(d) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
9. Why does Junior drop out of college?
(a) Because of his history teacher's treatment.
(b) Because of the stress caused by his relationship with the blonde girl.
(c) He is struggling in his classes.
(d) He is homesick.
10. What does Victor think about Nora?
(a) That he might have a crush on her.
(b) That he highly respects her.
(c) That she is extremely careless.
(d) That she makes a good wife for some lucky man.
11. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) At the Powwow Tavern.
(b) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
(c) In high school.
(d) At a party.
12. Where do Junior and the blond girl run into each other during Christmas break?
(a) While checking his mailbox.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) At a diner.
13. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
(a) He is named after his Uncle John and his Grandfather John.
(b) It is a mistake made on his birth certificare.
(c) His parents like the rhythmic sound.
(d) Because it is easier to remember.
14. What hurtful thing does John-John imagine about Joseph's return?
(a) Joseph reprimanding him for not taking better care of their mother.
(b) That Joseph does not remember him.
(c) Joseph reprimanding him for not writing.
(d) Saying he is home briefly then leaves again.
15. What does Victor's father describe while starting a car in the winter?
(a) The cruel treatment he experiences in school while growing up.
(b) The first television show he sees.
(c) Not owning a pair of snow boots while growing up.
(d) The first car his family owns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor use to explain different events in his life?
2. What does the clerk at the 7-11 give to Victor?
3. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
4. When does Victor have his first experiences with drugs?
5. How much money does Victor's father give to a broke Indian?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)