|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) At the Powwow Tavern.
(b) At a party.
(c) In high school.
(d) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
2. Why does Victor's mother not like the stories he writes?
(a) Because she thinks he is wasting too much time writing them.
(b) Because he is too revealing about family matters.
(c) Because they are so negative.
(d) Because they use so much profanity.
3. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
(a) She stops by a diner.
(b) She usually takes someone home with her.
(c) She stops by her mother's grave.
(d) She passes out.
4. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
(a) It makes him paranoid.
(b) It is like a bad dream you never wake up from.
(c) It is like heaven.
(d) It is mesmerizing.
5. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
(a) He passes out with a train headed straight toward him.
(b) He gets mugged.
(c) He meets a hobo who shares his dinner.
(d) His foot gets caught in the railroad ties.
6. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A lover.
(c) A kidnapper.
(d) A temptress.
7. Why does Junior drop out of college?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) Because of his history teacher's treatment.
(c) Because of the stress caused by his relationship with the blonde girl.
(d) He is struggling in his classes.
8. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's reaction to the news he receives at work?
(a) He goes to a park.
(b) He goes to a bar.
(c) He goes to a friend's house.
(d) He goes home.
9. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
(a) Their lack of hope.
(b) Their virtues.
(c) Their bad luck.
(d) Their dreams.
10. Where does Victor find a new job?
(c) Walla Walla.
(d) Grand Culee.
11. What is John-John's explanation for having two names?
(a) Because it is easier to remember.
(b) His parents like the rhythmic sound.
(c) He is named after his Uncle John and his Grandfather John.
(d) It is a mistake made on his birth certificare.
12. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
(a) When his comic book is taken away.
(b) When his drawing is confiscated.
(c) When he is asked to return to his desk and be quiet after talking about life on the reservation.
(d) When a story he writes about his family life is taken away.
13. What does Samuel-builds-a-fire do on his birthday?
(a) He arrives to work a half hour early.
(b) He walks to work.
(c) He purchases a new pair of shoes.
(d) He plans to ask a woman out on a date.
14. When does Jimmy One-horse's wife return after leaving him?
(a) When her mother dies.
(b) When Jimmy pleas with her to return.
(c) When she has a change of heart.
(d) When Jimmy is hospitalized.
15. Where does Jimmy One-horse's wife go when she is upset with him?
(a) The Chinook bar.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) To the Powwow Tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Junior Polatkin attend college?
2. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
3. What does Victor talk about during his high school years?
4. What does Victor's teacher want him to do in the second grade?
5. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)