|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
2. Who does Uncle Moses befriend?
3. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
(a) He plays a piano.
(b) He talks to his cousin.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He participates in a potato sack race.
4. Why does Junior Polatkin fall in love with the blonde girl in history class?
(a) He believes she is very worldly.
(b) He believes she understands what it is like for Indians.
(c) He thinks she is attractive.
(d) He thinks she is smart.
5. Why does Victor call Nora grandmother?
(a) Because he is kidding.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Because she has a grandchild.
(d) Because she is old enough to be his grandmother.
6. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
(a) When a story he writes about his family life is taken away.
(b) When he is asked to return to his desk and be quiet after talking about life on the reservation.
(c) When his drawing is confiscated.
(d) When his comic book is taken away.
7. What does Victor try to figure out every year between the age of thirteen to twenty-five?
(a) The mysteries of women.
(b) What it means to be a man.
(c) Where to get his next high.
(d) What it means to be thirteen.
8. What is the nature of the gift that the person whom Uncle Moses befriends?
(a) Not marketable.
9. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
(b) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
(c) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
(d) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
10. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
(a) An embarassment to the family.
(b) A man that is remembered by all.
(c) He is the town drunk.
(d) A man of great virtue.
11. What does Victor imagine happens to Christopher Columbus?
(a) His ship gets lost at sea.
(b) A tribe of Indians drown him.
(c) His ship is captured by pirates and he never returns.
(d) He actually makes it to India instead of the United States.
12. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
(a) It is mesmerizing.
(b) It is like a bad dream you never wake up from.
(c) It makes him paranoid.
(d) It is like heaven.
13. What does Victor use to explain different events in his life?
(a) By the cars his family own.
(b) The grades he is in during school.
(c) The periods after each sibling is born.
(d) The television.
14. What happens to John-John's brother Joseph?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is taken as a prisoner of war.
(c) He is a deserter.
(d) He is killed in the Vietnam War.
15. What does Victor recount about one time Victor's father is drunk while growing up?
(a) He wanders off into the night.
(b) He walks into a closet thinking it is a bathroom.
(c) He stumbles down the stairs.
(d) He starts a fight with a neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is held up at the barbecue?
2. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's reaction to the news he receives at work?
3. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
4. What does the psychic child advise Victor to do?
5. To Victor, what about an Indian boy is beautiful?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)