|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
(a) Why girls starve themselves through anorexia and bulemia when he is involuntarily starving on the reservation.
(b) Why white children are not arrested for curfew and children of color are.
(c) Why Indian boys are rounded up when white boys throw rocks through a store window.
(d) Why girls shoplift when they have the money to afford the items they steal.
2. Why do Victor and his girlfriend once fight in the dark?
(a) Because they pay more attention to what they are saying.
(b) Because she does not pay her electric bill.
(c) Because it is more romantic.
(d) Because Victor breaks all of the lamps.
3. What happens when Victor drives into a wealthy neighborhood?
(a) He is pulled over by a police officer.
(b) People stare at him.
(c) Several people ask him what he is doing there.
(d) His car breaks down.
4. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's talent?
(a) Playing the trumpet.
(b) Playing basketball.
(d) Telling stories.
5. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
(a) She usually takes someone home with her.
(b) She stops by a diner.
(c) She stops by her mother's grave.
(d) She passes out.
6. Why does Junior Polatkin fall in love with the blonde girl in history class?
(a) He thinks she is attractive.
(b) He believes she understands what it is like for Indians.
(c) He thinks she is smart.
(d) He believes she is very worldly.
7. What does Victor do at a barbecue?
(a) He participates in a potato sack race.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He plays a piano.
(d) He talks to his cousin.
8. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's reaction to the news he receives at work?
(a) He goes to a bar.
(b) He goes to a friend's house.
(c) He goes to a park.
(d) He goes home.
9. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
(a) Like an outcast.
(c) Like a celebrity.
(d) Like he is in an aquarium.
10. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
(a) Their bad luck.
(b) Their virtues.
(c) Their lack of hope.
(d) Their dreams.
11. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) At the Powwow Tavern.
(b) In high school.
(c) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
(d) At a party.
12. What does Victor try to figure out every year between the age of thirteen to twenty-five?
(a) What it means to be thirteen.
(b) What it means to be a man.
(c) The mysteries of women.
(d) Where to get his next high.
13. Why is Jimmy One-Horse's wife upset at him?
(a) Jimmy is verbally abusive to her.
(b) Jimmy has an affair with another woman.
(c) He keeps leaving the toilet seat up.
(d) Jimmy has cancer and makes jokes about it.
14. What does Victor's mother think of the Indian community?
(a) That they are a lost cause.
(b) That they are given gifts.
(c) That they are admirable people with great strength.
(d) That they are victims.
15. What does the clerk at the 7-11 give to Victor?
(a) A six-pack of beer.
(b) A creamsicle.
(c) The contact info for the store manager for a job.
(d) A slurpee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victor's mother not like the stories he writes?
2. How does Junior Polatkin and the blonde girl's short relationship end?
3. When does Jimmy One-horse's wife return after leaving him?
4. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
5. What creates beauty?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)