|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Victor, what about an Indian boy is beautiful?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His laughter.
(c) His hands.
(d) His hair.
2. What does Victor think about Nora?
(a) That she is extremely careless.
(b) That she makes a good wife for some lucky man.
(c) That he highly respects her.
(d) That he might have a crush on her.
3. How does Victor's family watch television?
(a) With the sound down so they can talk about what they are watching.
(b) In black and white.
(c) So loud that it distorts their conversations.
(d) In the dining room so they do not dwell on not having enough food.
4. What does Junior Polatkin tell the blonde girl what it is like being an Indian at the university?
(a) Like an outcast.
(b) Like he is in an aquarium.
(c) Like a celebrity.
5. What does John-John imagine he hears?
(a) A helicopter landing.
(b) A jet landing.
(c) A ship coming into port.
(d) A bus.
6. What does Victor recount about one time Victor's father is drunk while growing up?
(a) He walks into a closet thinking it is a bathroom.
(b) He wanders off into the night.
(c) He starts a fight with a neighbor.
(d) He stumbles down the stairs.
7. What is Victor's equation for survival?
(a) Survival = Determination X Imagination.
(b) Survival = Anger X Imagination.
(c) Survival = Skills X Stamina.
(d) Survival = Ingenuity X Stamina.
8. Why does Junior Polatkin fall in love with the blonde girl in history class?
(a) He believes she understands what it is like for Indians.
(b) He thinks she is attractive.
(c) He thinks she is smart.
(d) He believes she is very worldly.
9. How much money does Victor's father give to a broke Indian?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Some pocket change.
(c) Enough for a meal.
(d) Enough to buy some alcohol.
10. What does Jimmy One-horse's wife think about the man with whom she has an affair?
(a) He is too self-absorbed.
(b) He is too flirtatious.
(c) He is too serious.
(d) He drinks too much.
11. What does the clerk at the 7-11 give to Victor?
(a) A six-pack of beer.
(b) A creamsicle.
(c) A slurpee.
(d) The contact info for the store manager for a job.
12. How does the grass feel to Victor at the barbecue?
13. Where is the location for Victor's imagination?
(a) A gas station.
(b) His back porch.
(c) A bar.
(d) The 7-11.
14. What about the Indian people does Victor discuss in Chapter 15?
(a) Their lack of hope.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their bad luck.
(d) Their virtues.
15. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) At a party.
(b) At the Powwow Tavern.
(c) In high school.
(d) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the gift that the person whom Uncle Moses befriends?
2. What does Victor's teacher want him to do in the second grade?
3. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
4. How do sober Indians treat drunken Indians?
5. What does Victor compare diabetes to?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)