|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Victor see the flirtatious waitress a second time?
(a) At a high school basketball game.
(b) At a Powwow.
(c) At a carnival.
(d) At a friend's party.
2. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father passes away?
(a) He offers him a ride.
(b) He helps Victor sort through his father's possessions.
(c) He lets Victor cry on his shoulder.
(d) He gives him money.
3. Who chases Victor and his companion after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A pack of dogs.
(b) A group of teens.
(c) Dirty Joe.
(d) Security guards.
4. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A carny.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Another friend.
(d) A police officer.
5. What are Victor and Adrian drinking on the front porch?
6. Who hosts a party at the lake?
7. What is the name of Victor's Urban Indian girlfriend?
(a) Tremble Dancer.
(b) New Star First Born Daughter.
(c) Sky Messenger.
(d) Red Cloud at Sundown.
8. Why is the situation in jail like a war?
(a) Because of the adversity.
(b) Because everyday is like a battle.
(c) Because everyone had a "turf".
(d) Because there is a daily death toll.
9. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(d) Thomas "Builds-the-Fire".
10. Where does Victor live?
(a) On an Indian reservation near Spokane.
(b) On an Indian reservation near Cheyenne.
(c) On an Indian reservation near Tulsa.
(d) On an Indian reservation near Phoenix.
11. Where do Victor and his companion escape to when being chased at the carnival?
(a) The men's restroom.
(b) The house of mirrors.
(c) The tunnel of love.
(d) The first aid station.
12. What condition does Victor suffer from when his white lover leaves him?
(a) The flu.
(d) A migraine.
13. Who are the Urban Indians?
(a) Those who adopt the white ways of life.
(b) The Indians that leave the reservation.
(c) It is an Indian gang.
(d) They are Indian activists.
14. Victor says that Indians do not care whether the glass is half-full or half empty. Then what do the Indians care about?
(a) That they have a glass.
(b) That the glass is filled with beer.
(c) Whether the glass is going to be empty by the next day.
(d) Whether something happens to the glass.
15. What does Victor's father tell him about his mother?
(a) That she is cantankerous.
(b) That she is wonderful.
(c) That she is the glue that holds the family together.
(d) That she is a distant wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. What does Victor say he is afraid of when he and the waitress start to become intimate?
3. What is Victor's advice regarding past and future skeletons in your life?
4. What does Victor think about Indian names?
5. What is Victor's father in the 1960's?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)