|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition that Thomas Builds-a-Fire places on his assistance after Victor's father's death?
(a) That Victor returns the favor when his father dies.
(b) That Victor helps him move some furniture to his brother's house.
(c) That Victor pays it forward.
(d) That he goes to the funeral with Victor.
2. Where does Victor meet a flirtatious waitress?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At a fry bread stand.
(d) At a casino.
3. Why is the situation in jail like a war?
(a) Because everyone had a "turf".
(b) Because there is a daily death toll.
(c) Because of the adversity.
(d) Because everyday is like a battle.
4. Why are the Indians burning down a house?
(a) Because it is a safety hazard.
(b) Because it makes a really big bon fire.
(c) Because it has to do with the white men.
(d) Because they want to clear the land.
5. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
(a) To sell it to another person at the meeting.
(b) To make sure the meeting ends on time.
(c) To get the battery replaced.
(d) Because it is a sin because it is a watch of a white man.
6. Who are the Urban Indians?
(a) The Indians that leave the reservation.
(b) They are Indian activists.
(c) Those who adopt the white ways of life.
(d) It is an Indian gang.
7. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(c) Thomas "Builds-the-Fire".
8. Where has Victor's white lover been the night before she leaves him?
(a) At a rodeo.
(b) At a party.
(c) At a bingo game.
(d) At her mother's house.
9. According to Victor, Indians make the best __________ because they can ride horses.
10. What "crime" does Thomas Builds-a-Fire commit twenty years ago?
(a) Indecent exposure.
(b) He holds the postmaster at gunpoint.
(c) Writing grafitti.
(d) Public drunkeness.
11. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him?
(a) He winks at her.
(b) He avoids her.
(c) He becomes offended.
(d) He flirts back.
12. What happens to Victor after a night of drinking when his white lover leaves him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He vomits.
(c) The bartender refuses to serve him anymore.
(d) He gets into a bar fight.
13. What does Victor do after he reaches his conclusion about the waitress?
(a) He leaves her home.
(b) He offers to introduce her to a friend.
(c) He asks her out on a date.
(d) He decides that they should just be friends and tells her he will see her around.
14. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father passes away?
(a) He lets Victor cry on his shoulder.
(b) He helps Victor sort through his father's possessions.
(c) He offers him a ride.
(d) He gives him money.
15. Why do the Indians hear sirens in 1967?
(a) Several police cars are converging onto a bar.
(b) Rosemary Morning Dove's house is on fire.
(c) There is a tornado.
(d) An ambulence is rushing to Rosemary Morning Dove's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Victor's Urban Indian girlfriend?
2. Where does Victor think the troubles from the reservation stem from?
3. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
4. What does Victor's father tell him about his mother?
5. What happens to Dirty Joe during the incident at the carnival?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)