|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
(a) To sell it to another person at the meeting.
(b) Because it is a sin because it is a watch of a white man.
(c) To get the battery replaced.
(d) To make sure the meeting ends on time.
2. Who are the Urban Indians?
(a) Those who adopt the white ways of life.
(b) They are Indian activists.
(c) It is an Indian gang.
(d) The Indians that leave the reservation.
3. Who does Victor believe destroys everything the Indians hold sacred?
(a) George Custer.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) Henry L. Dawes.
4. What does Victor think that James does in 1973?
(a) He thinks that James reads a sentence out of a book.
(b) He thinks that James talks.
(c) He thinks that James swallows some poison.
(d) He thinks that James writes a poem.
5. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Another friend.
(d) A carny.
6. What is the condition that Thomas Builds-a-Fire places on his assistance after Victor's father's death?
(a) That he goes to the funeral with Victor.
(b) That Victor returns the favor when his father dies.
(c) That Victor helps him move some furniture to his brother's house.
(d) That Victor pays it forward.
7. What does Victor wonder about the event with his uncles during the holiday party?
(a) Why no one stops them.
(b) Why two grown men act this way.
(c) How they act if they do not live on a reservation.
(d) Why everyone is gathering around.
8. How does Adrian play with the BB gun when he and Victor are together?
(a) He shoots the gun into the air.
(b) He puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger.
(c) He imagines people he wants to shoot.
(d) He plays cowboys and Indians.
9. What is the name of Victor's Urban Indian girlfriend?
(a) Red Cloud at Sundown.
(b) Sky Messenger.
(c) New Star First Born Daughter.
(d) Tremble Dancer.
10. Which is a story that Thomas Builds-a-Fire tells during his trial?
(a) A story about how he attacks pioneers in 1870.
(b) A story about how he signs a treaty with the U.S. government in 1832.
(c) A story about how he kills soldiers in 1858.
(d) A story about how he is a flying ace in World War I.
11. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him?
(a) He becomes offended.
(b) He winks at her.
(c) He flirts back.
(d) He avoids her.
12. What does Victor say he is afraid of when he and the waitress start to become intimate?
(a) Becoming like his father.
(b) Unprotected sexual intercourse.
(c) Becoming too close to someone.
(d) Mundane things like escalators.
13. In Chapter Five, what have Victor and Adrian temporarily refrained from?
(a) Bar brawls.
(b) Sexual Intercourse.
14. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
(c) Santa Fe.
15. What is Victor's father's advice about remembering the past?
(a) To hold on to good memories.
(b) To change the old memories.
(c) To avoid memories of the past.
(d) Use your past to change your future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victor refer to the situation on the reservation as "hurricanes"?
2. What is Victor's aunt experienced at?
3. What is Victor's father unable to buy the year before?
4. What is Thomas Builds-a-Fire known for?
5. What does Victor conclude about the waitress at her home?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)