|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Victor's uncle and cousin do during his aunt's incident with a mouse?
(a) They run after the mouse.
(b) They offer their advice.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They laugh and tease her.
2. Where has Victor's white lover been the night before she leaves him?
(a) At her mother's house.
(b) At a bingo game.
(c) At a rodeo.
(d) At a party.
3. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
(a) He lets Victor copy his homework when Victor forgets it.
(b) He fights off some bullies.
(c) He helps free Victor from an underground wasp nest.
(d) He pulls Victor from a river.
4. What is Victor's aunt experienced at?
(a) Making pottery.
5. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire assist Victor after his father passes away?
(a) He gives him money.
(b) He helps Victor sort through his father's possessions.
(c) He lets Victor cry on his shoulder.
(d) He offers him a ride.
6. Why does an Indian bring a watch to a Tribal Council meeting?
(a) To get the battery replaced.
(b) To make sure the meeting ends on time.
(c) To sell it to another person at the meeting.
(d) Because it is a sin because it is a watch of a white man.
7. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
(a) That he is so far behind to win in life.
(b) Indians are playing the game of life that is stacked against them.
(c) That he does not have the tools he needs to elevate his status.
(d) That everyone finds happiness but him.
8. What is Victor's father in the 1960's?
(a) A drug addict.
(b) A rabble rouser.
(c) An Indian hippie.
(d) An Indian activist.
9. What is Victor's aunt's experience with a mouse?
(a) It jumps out of her purse.
(b) It runs across the kitchen counter.
(c) She finds the mouse in a package of cornmeal.
(d) It runs up her pant leg.
10. How do Victor and his friend describe the drug they take?
(a) It is a form of escapism.
(b) It is Indian and very spiritual.
(c) It is natural.
(d) It is medicinal.
11. What does Victor think that James does in 1973?
(a) He thinks that James reads a sentence out of a book.
(b) He thinks that James swallows some poison.
(c) He thinks that James talks.
(d) He thinks that James writes a poem.
12. What happens when Victor's basketball team goes to the state finals in high school?
(a) The coach is late to the game.
(b) They are one referee short.
(c) Their star player is injured.
(d) Their bus breaks down.
13. Why is Thomas Builds-a-Fire been incarcerated recently?
(a) He calls the tribal doctor's wife "a native with dangling shiny objects".
(b) He calls the tribal police chief's wife "a savage in polyester pants".
(c) He calls the tribal fire chief's wife "a heathen with heavy makeup".
(d) He calls the tribal school principal's wife "a traitor in pumps".
14. Who hosts a party at the lake?
15. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
(b) Fighting and unproductive, unhealthy, negative behaviors.
(d) A striving to overcome adversity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor's father against fighting for the United States in the Vietnam War?
2. What "crime" does Thomas Builds-a-Fire commit twenty years ago?
3. What does Victor decide to do after the state final basketball game?
4. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
5. How does Victor convince the person to assist him with the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)