|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are reservation Indians unable to marry Urban Indians?
(a) They live too far away.
(b) Because of the Indian Resettlement Act.
(c) The Urban Indians lose all rights and privileges afforded to those on the reservation.
(d) It is believed that the Urban Indians have contracted illnesses.
2. What is Victor's aunt's experience with a mouse?
(a) It runs across the kitchen counter.
(b) She finds the mouse in a package of cornmeal.
(c) It runs up her pant leg.
(d) It jumps out of her purse.
3. What happens when Victor and Adrian's high school buddies walk by the porch where they are sitting?
(a) They throw rocks at each other.
(b) They heckle each other.
(c) The buddies join them and they chat.
(d) They wave.
4. What does Victor do after his parents pass out from drinking too much alcohol?
(a) He goes out to meet his friends.
(b) He covers them with a blanket and goes to bed.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He lies down next to them in bed.
5. Where does Jimmy One-horse and his wife first meet?
(a) At the Powwow Tavern.
(b) At a party.
(c) At Cindy's fry bread stand.
(d) In high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor's father's advice about remembering the past?
2. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. What does Victor say about life off of the reservation?
4. Why does the police officer give the money back to Jimmy One-horse and his wife?
5. What is Victor's aunt experienced at?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)