|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor refer to when he discusses the "hurricanes" on the reservation?
(a) Large uprisings.
(c) Wind storms.
(d) Wayward youths.
2. Where does Victor think the troubles from the reservation stem from?
(a) The crimes he and his people have to endure.
(b) The lack of cohesion in the Indian community.
3. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
(a) Indians are playing the game of life that is stacked against them.
(b) That he is so far behind to win in life.
(c) That everyone finds happiness but him.
(d) That he does not have the tools he needs to elevate his status.
4. What does Victor think about Indian names?
(a) Their names have much honor.
(b) Their names make them hard to assimilate.
(c) Their names honor their heritage.
(d) Their names are fraught with a bad reputation.
5. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) They chain him to a post.
(b) They put a woman's hat and makeup on him.
(c) They give him some money.
(d) They put him on a roller coaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor's father not know about the man who disappears?
2. Where does John-John sit waiting for Joseph to come home?
3. How do sober Indians treat drunken Indians?
4. What happens when Victor drives into a wealthy neighborhood?
5. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)