|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
(a) Santa Fe.
2. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
(a) He fights off some bullies.
(b) He lets Victor copy his homework when Victor forgets it.
(c) He pulls Victor from a river.
(d) He helps free Victor from an underground wasp nest.
3. What is Victor's aunt's experience with a mouse?
(a) It runs across the kitchen counter.
(b) It runs up her pant leg.
(c) She finds the mouse in a package of cornmeal.
(d) It jumps out of her purse.
4. What does Nora say about the Indian people?
(a) They are the most sensitive people.
(b) They are honorable people.
(c) They are shiftless and lazy.
(d) They are given a bad deal.
5. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
(a) He is belligerent.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is delusional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor refer to when he discusses the "hurricanes" on the reservation?
2. Why is Victor's father not surprised an acquaintance disappears when he is questioned by the Witness Protection Program?
3. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
4. What happens after Nora visits the Powwow Tavern?
5. What does Victor do when the waitress flirts with him?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)