|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
(a) Because she is educated and has no scars.
(b) Because she has a Holly Hobby collection
(c) She grows up off of the reservation and moves to one when she is older.
(d) Because she has a Buddhist shrine.
2. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
(a) Indians are playing the game of life that is stacked against them.
(b) That everyone finds happiness but him.
(c) That he is so far behind to win in life.
(d) That he does not have the tools he needs to elevate his status.
3. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
(a) When his comic book is taken away.
(b) When a story he writes about his family life is taken away.
(c) When he is asked to return to his desk and be quiet after talking about life on the reservation.
(d) When his drawing is confiscated.
4. What does Victor refer to when he discusses the "hurricanes" on the reservation?
(a) Wayward youths.
(c) Wind storms.
(d) Large uprisings.
5. Who does Victor invite to take a drug with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
2. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. What is Victor's equation for survival?
4. Victor says that Indians do not care whether the glass is half-full or half empty. Then what do the Indians care about?
5. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's job title?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)