|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
(a) Because he is the baby's father.
(b) Because he ends up on welfare anyway.
(c) Because he is friends with the baby's father.
(d) Because there are no immediate relatives.
2. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire stop doing after his incident twenty years ago?
(a) He stops telling stories.
(b) He stops associating with ex-convicts.
(c) He stops drinking.
(d) He stops leaving the house.
3. Who does Victor invite to take a drug with him?
4. Why is Victor's friend the host of the party at the lake?
(a) Because it is his birthday.
(b) Because his family owns the land.
(c) Because he is supplying the beer.
(d) Because he is celebrating his new job.
5. What happens to Samuel-builds-a-fire on the railroad tracks?
(a) He passes out with a train headed straight toward him.
(b) His foot gets caught in the railroad ties.
(c) He meets a hobo who shares his dinner.
(d) He gets mugged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor's teacher want him to do in the second grade?
2. Why is Victor punishing Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. What does Victor's father describe while starting a car in the winter?
4. What is Samuel-builds-a-fire's job title?
5. What is the result of the state final basketball game that Victor's high school team plays?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)