|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor refer to the situation on the reservation as "hurricanes"?
(a) Because it devastates peoples' lives.
(b) Because it peaks during late summer.
(c) Because the people have to wait for the government to step in.
(d) Because it spawns smaller "storm".
2. What does Victor's father describe while starting a car in the winter?
(a) The cruel treatment he experiences in school while growing up.
(b) Not owning a pair of snow boots while growing up.
(c) The first television show he sees.
(d) The first car his family owns.
3. How does Victor's family watch television?
(a) With the sound down so they can talk about what they are watching.
(b) So loud that it distorts their conversations.
(c) In black and white.
(d) In the dining room so they do not dwell on not having enough food.
4. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A carny.
(c) Another friend.
(d) A police officer.
5. Why do Victor's parents divorce?
(a) They are constantly arguing.
(b) Victor's father becomes abusive.
(c) Because Victor's father wants to listen to Jimi Hendrix instead of being with his wife.
(d) They cannot agree on how to squeeze the tube of toothpaste.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Victor, who has money on the reservation?
2. Who does Victor invite to take a drug with him?
3. Where does Victor have to travel to deal with his father's ashes after his death?
4. What is Victor's aunt's experience with a mouse?
5. What does Victor use to explain different events in his life?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)