|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor do when his white lover leaves him?
(a) He goes to see his friends.
(b) He goes for a long walk.
(c) He sits around his home and mopes.
(d) He goes out dancing and talks to women.
2. What does Victor's father do when Victor tries to bond with him?
(a) He ignores Victor.
(b) He passes out from being drunk.
(c) He takes off on his motorcycle.
(d) He yells at Victor.
3. Why does Victor refer to the situation on the reservation as "hurricanes"?
(a) Because it devastates peoples' lives.
(b) Because it peaks during late summer.
(c) Because the people have to wait for the government to step in.
(d) Because it spawns smaller "storm".
4. What happens to Dirty Joe during the incident at the carnival?
(a) He has a rude awakening.
(b) His wallet is stolen.
(c) He is beaten by some teens.
(d) He vomits.
5. What is Victor's aunt's experience with a mouse?
(a) It jumps out of her purse.
(b) It runs across the kitchen counter.
(c) It runs up her pant leg.
(d) She finds the mouse in a package of cornmeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday are the characters celebrating in the first chapter?
2. What does Victor think that James does in 1973?
3. Where do Victor and his companion escape to when being chased at the carnival?
4. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
5. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)