|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Dirty Joe's distinguishing features?
(a) A big nose.
(b) Scars from bar fights.
(c) He walks with a limp.
(d) A tattoo on his neck.
2. What happens to Dirty Joe during the incident at the carnival?
(a) His wallet is stolen.
(b) He has a rude awakening.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He is beaten by some teens.
3. What is Victor's father in the 1960's?
(a) An Indian hippie.
(b) An Indian activist.
(c) A rabble rouser.
(d) A drug addict.
4. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
(a) He has a leg injury and it is difficult for him to walk.
(b) To get away from his wife.
(c) To visit distant friends.
(d) Because he wants one since he is a child.
5. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
(a) She grows up off of the reservation and moves to one when she is older.
(b) Because she has a Buddhist shrine.
(c) Because she has a Holly Hobby collection
(d) Because she is educated and has no scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. What holiday are the characters celebrating in the first chapter?
3. What does Victor wonder about the event with his uncles during the holiday party?
4. Who hosts a party at the lake?
5. Why is Victor's friend the host of the party at the lake?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)