|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the state final basketball game that Victor's high school team plays?
(a) The game is forfeited.
(b) Their team loses.
(c) The game is rescheduled.
(d) Their team wins.
2. Why does Victor refer to the situation on the reservation as "hurricanes"?
(a) Because it peaks during late summer.
(b) Because it spawns smaller "storm".
(c) Because it devastates peoples' lives.
(d) Because the people have to wait for the government to step in.
3. What does Victor demonstrate about the whole situation on the reservation?
4. What does the bingo game that Victor discusses after his experience with the waitress represent to him?
(a) That he does not have the tools he needs to elevate his status.
(b) Indians are playing the game of life that is stacked against them.
(c) That everyone finds happiness but him.
(d) That he is so far behind to win in life.
5. Where does Victor think the troubles from the reservation stem from?
(a) The lack of cohesion in the Indian community.
(c) The crimes he and his people have to endure.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Victor, what is it difficult to be on the reservation?
2. How old is Victor when he is introduced to the reader?
3. According to Victor, what happens every day on the reservation?
4. What holiday are the characters celebrating in the first chapter?
5. What happens when Victor and Adrian's high school buddies walk by the porch where they are sitting?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)