|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Victor, what do their ancestors laugh at?
(a) The economic development that makes his friend prosperous.
(b) Indians being school mascots.
(c) Selling Indian trinkets to tourists.
(d) Indians owning casinos.
2. What does Victor think about Indian names?
(a) Their names have much honor.
(b) Their names make them hard to assimilate.
(c) Their names are fraught with a bad reputation.
(d) Their names honor their heritage.
3. What is Victor's equation for survival?
(a) Survival = Anger X Imagination.
(b) Survival = Determination X Imagination.
(c) Survival = Ingenuity X Stamina.
(d) Survival = Skills X Stamina.
4. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
(a) He fights off some bullies.
(b) He pulls Victor from a river.
(c) He lets Victor copy his homework when Victor forgets it.
(d) He helps free Victor from an underground wasp nest.
5. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is delusional.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is belligerent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition that Thomas Builds-a-Fire places on his assistance after Victor's father's death?
2. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
3. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire do during the incident twenty years ago?
4. What happens when Victor and the waitress try to become intimate?
5. What does Victor's father tell him about his mother?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)