|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Victor and his girlfriend once fight in the dark?
(a) Because they pay more attention to what they are saying.
(b) Because she does not pay her electric bill.
(c) Because Victor breaks all of the lamps.
(d) Because it is more romantic.
2. Who chases Victor and his companion after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A group of teens.
(b) Security guards.
(c) A pack of dogs.
(d) Dirty Joe.
3. How do Victor and his friend describe the drug they take?
(a) It is Indian and very spiritual.
(b) It is a form of escapism.
(c) It is natural.
(d) It is medicinal.
4. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
(a) He admits he has a problem.
(b) He wants to be a good role model for James.
(c) He is incarcerated for abandonment.
(d) He stumbles and falls on James while intoxicated.
5. What does Victor's teacher want him to do in the second grade?
(a) To do his homework at school because she does not think he is doing his own work.
(b) To write with his right hand and wear cleaner clothing.
(c) To perform math problems on the board in front of the class and testify before the state court about how his parents are mistreating him.
(d) To apologize for everything and cut off his braids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is held up at the barbecue?
2. Why is Victor's father against fighting for the United States in the Vietnam War?
3. Why does Victor find the waitress so unusual when he is at her place?
4. What does Thomas Builds-a-Fire stop doing after his incident twenty years ago?
5. How does Thomas Builds-a-Fire help Victor when they are children?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)