|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Victor's parents divorce?
(a) Victor's father becomes abusive.
(b) They are constantly arguing.
(c) They cannot agree on how to squeeze the tube of toothpaste.
(d) Because Victor's father wants to listen to Jimi Hendrix instead of being with his wife.
2. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
(a) Because he wants one since he is a child.
(b) He has a leg injury and it is difficult for him to walk.
(c) To get away from his wife.
(d) To visit distant friends.
3. Why are reservation Indians unable to marry Urban Indians?
(a) The Urban Indians lose all rights and privileges afforded to those on the reservation.
(b) It is believed that the Urban Indians have contracted illnesses.
(c) Because of the Indian Resettlement Act.
(d) They live too far away.
4. What does Victor's father do when Victor tries to bond with him?
(a) He yells at Victor.
(b) He ignores Victor.
(c) He passes out from being drunk.
(d) He takes off on his motorcycle.
5. How does Victor convince the person to assist him with the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) He says that Dirty Joe is communicating with dead ancestors.
(b) He says that Indians have no problems with gravity.
(c) He says that Dirty Joe should be punnished.
(d) He says that the situation is a public safety concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dirty Joe during the incident at the carnival?
2. What is one of Dirty Joe's distinguishing features?
3. What does Victor's father tell him about his mother?
4. What is the nature of the gift that the person whom Uncle Moses befriends?
5. What is Victor's father in the 1960's?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)