|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor's father buy a motorcycle?
(a) He has a leg injury and it is difficult for him to walk.
(b) To visit distant friends.
(c) Because he wants one since he is a child.
(d) To get away from his wife.
2. How does Victor describe Uncle Moses?
(a) A man that is remembered by all.
(b) A man of great virtue.
(c) An embarassment to the family.
(d) He is the town drunk.
3. Why are reservation Indians unable to marry Urban Indians?
(a) Because of the Indian Resettlement Act.
(b) The Urban Indians lose all rights and privileges afforded to those on the reservation.
(c) They live too far away.
(d) It is believed that the Urban Indians have contracted illnesses.
4. Why does Victor's mother not like the stories he writes?
(a) Because they are so negative.
(b) Because they use so much profanity.
(c) Because he is too revealing about family matters.
(d) Because she thinks he is wasting too much time writing them.
5. What is Victor's father in the 1960's?
(a) A rabble rouser.
(b) An Indian activist.
(c) An Indian hippie.
(d) A drug addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
2. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. Where do Victor and his companion escape to when being chased at the carnival?
4. What is Victor's father's advice about remembering the past?
5. What gift does the person whom Uncle Moses befriends have?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)